Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Title: Free Realms 1/14/2014 (Updates?)

Hostility is offline Explorer

Icon13 Free Realms 1/14/2014 (Updates?)

My friends and I were confused on the whole "Where did the wheel go?" thing, so I decided to take my time to write this for everyone, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who was confused at first...

So yeah, the wheel is gone. You're not able to get free coins and items anymore.
    But what else have you guys noticed?

Today, when I got on, and I still had my power hour, I went to go battle.
    You know those extra things you can defeat to get you 50 coins during power hour?
    Well, I got 2 coins instead of 50.

2coins.png

So if it's not power hour, you'll earn 1 coin instead of 25.

Weird, right? But is anything else different?

Look in the Coin Shop. Everything is A LOT cheaper. Those max combat things you bought for 1.5k+ coins EACH PIECE the other day? Now each piece is a little over 100 coins.

100coins.png

I feel bad for the people who bought tons of stuff yesterday!

Why did Sony choose to do this? I don't know.

It's harder to obtain coins, and things cost a lot less- but what does that mean?

If you take the "25 to 1 coin" thing I said, you can calculate how much they change the coin cost of everything;
    They changed it by 96%.

Everything involving coins is now 96% less.

Does that mean rares can cost 96% less too?

I'm guessing it does.

Example: You know how Berets are worth 200k?

What's 4% of 200,000?
    So are Berets worth 8k now? Probably.

If it's harder to get coins, why should things cost a lot more than they should?
    Everything is the same value still, everything is just lowered by 96%.

Once everyone doesn't have 100,000's of coins, I'm guessing the rares people sell for 200k will be sold for about 8k, unless Sony decides to change it back, which I honestly hope they do.

So, long story short, the update is bad...
    AangXD, olliepop, Rob and 5 others like this.
    I wish I were a cat.
    IGN: Yue

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Free Realms 1/14/2014 (Updates?)

Welcome to the new liberal controlled Free Realms where everyone is poor and the top 1% own 99% of the wealth.
    bunny girl likes this.

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

I like your summary.

Quote Originally Posted by AangXD View Post
    I like your summary.
    Thank you.
    I wish I were a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    Welcome to the new liberal controlled Free Realms where everyone is poor and the top 1% own 99% of the wealth.
    ^this.
    THIS.
    zachpuppy and Egg Zachly like this.
    I wish I were a cat.

Boy I sure do feel like a winner when I spend 50+ hours farming for 50k instead of the 500k+ I would normally be getting. And who doesn't feel like a winner when they get those impressive massive coin drops of 2 coins per monster during power hour!? But hey, as long as we are all poor its "balanced." Eh hem, except the people who have an unfair advantage over everyone else by having a surplus of coins that they can use to buy up all the rares for cheap and thus have a monopoly. But yanno, I am sure SOE really thought this through before implementing this update. *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
    ^this.
    THIS.
    LOL! I just had a thought that made me laugh. SOE is to FR what Planet Fitness is to gyms. Did I hear you wanna get swol!? swol.jpg
    Last edited by Egg Zachly; 01-15-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    Boy I sure do feel like a winner when I spend 50+ hours farming for 50k instead of the 500k+ I would normally be getting. And who doesn't feel like a winner when they get those impressive massive coin drops of 2 coins per monster during power hour!? But hey, as long as we are all poor its "balanced." Eh hem, except the people who have an unfair advantage over everyone else by having a surplus of coins that they can use to buy up all the rares for cheap and thus have a monopoly. But yanno, I am sure SOE really thought this through before implementing this update. *rolls eyes*
    What's bad for me is that I just bought tons of rares for 500k+, and now I only have around 70k. Well TIME TO GET MORE VAULT BERRIES *wastes $200*
    I wish I were a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
    What's bad for me is that I just bought tons of rares for 500k+, and now I only have around 70k. Well TIME TO GET MORE VAULT BERRIES *wastes $200*
    Please do not pay them any more money and reward them for this treachery. But yea I know your pain. I invested a lot into top soil for farming for 99 coins each and now completing the recipes only gives like 250 coins each, barely the replacement rate for the top soil alone. If this update was made AFTER I had a chance to turn in all of my farming samples I would be marginally less aggravated as I would be sitting on about 2.5m while watching the prices for everything drop. But I am no hypocrite so I would have still complained about this update because it is unfair to everyone else. Unfortunately there is a small band of people whose hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

This is going to make those money earning achievements much harder...

True story!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast