Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Title: Folks you never heard of who would love Pony Vale...

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default Folks you never heard of who would love Pony Vale...

Up close and personal with Bronies, aka grown men who love 'My Little Pony' CBS Sacramento reporter takes a look at the Brony culture By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo News 4 hours ago The Sideshow It's yet to go mainstream a la AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO), but the Brony culture (grown men who love "My Little Pony") is a growing phenomenon. Still, there may be some who don't understand the term, folks who may be wondering what makes a man a Brony. A fair question, and one that CBS-Sacramento's Tony Lopez did his best to answer in a recent news report. The world of "My Little Pony" (TV show, toys, stuffed animals, etc.) traditionally appeals to young girls. But Bronies aren't afraid of pursuing their hobby, no matter what the haters say. Carlos Alfaro, president of the Sacramento State Brony Club, spoke to Lopez about his fandom. He says he's heard all the negative reactions, like, "Boo. You guys are lame. My Little Pony? Seriously? Oh my God.” Being a Brony requires standing up to stereotypes. One member of the fan club told Lopez that he likes the "My Little Pony" storyline because, "It’s fun and it’s sweet, and it’s a strong moral thing. I think more people could benefit from it if they gave it more of a chance." It appears that more and more people are giving it a chance. A 2013 expo in Baltimore called (what else?) BronyCon drew thousands of passionate Bronies who walked the walk and talked the talk. A similar convention in California also drew a large crowd last year. But despite their growing numbers, Bronies still suffer the occasional indignity. Like when Walmart allegedly confused the '80s version of "My Little Pony" with the new, cool version on a T-shirt.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Folks you never heard of who would love Pony Vale...

I think most internet regulars have heard of the abomination that is "bronies" by now.
    pokegroup likes this.

pokegroup is offline Banned

(^ so me)

(^ do it!)

Last edited by pokegroup; 02-10-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: yunogetalife

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    I think most internet regulars have heard of the abomination that is "bronies" by now.
    Cartoon shows aimed at female children can actually be somewhat entertaining once in a while. :ninja:

I've watched the show once in a while when I saw it on, I hold no shame.
    pokegroup likes this.

QuanasTales is offline Amateur Gamer

I don't like Bronies much, either. It's hard to like a fandom when most of its people do crap like repeatedly send a 17 year old death threats just cause she wanted a certain NSFW pony blog shut down.
    Last edited by QuanasTales; 02-11-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    pokegroup and Skylär51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QuanasTales View Post
    It's hard to like a fandom when most of its people do crap like repeatedly send a 17 year old death threats just cause she wanted a certain NSFW pony blog shut down.
    Yeah, bronies go way too far on stuff like that.

Children: Yaaaay, story time!!

I had met a brony a few years back, and he was obsessed with Rainbow Dash. When I said that Fluttershy could beat Rainbow in a cuteness competition, he grabbed a knife and threw it at my head.

Director's comment: Thank GOD he was fat and couldn't throw!

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by QuanasTales View Post
    I don't like Bronies much, either. It's hard to like a fandom when most of its people do crap like repeatedly send a 17 year old death threats just cause she wanted a certain NSFW pony blog shut down.
    I really didn't want to be the one to point out that you have that the wrong way, people say "brony" or whatever to refer to males watching the female-aimed show, you said "she".

oh god what I have become
    ugh thanks internet
    Last edited by ashfr; 02-11-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

I am honestly puzzled, its like that Thor 2 thread awhile back. I don't understand how woman are attracted to Loki more then Thor, it doesn't make sense to me.
    pokegroup likes this.

Ijaz is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    I am honestly puzzled, its like that Thor 2 thread awhile back. I don't understand how woman are attracted to Loki more then Thor, it doesn't make sense to me.
    Girls are complicated sometimes :').
    ._.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast