Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Default A few issues I would like to discuss

There are two issues I've ran into with the users of the video section on this here website.

First and most importantly, don't vote ONE star unless you encounter a video that you truly believe should be removed. Voting one star (or as it's known on newgrounds- blamming) is rude, and since voting itself is a rare thing, it completely ruins the entire face of the video. And I mean really, do you know just HOW much work is put into those videos?!! Don't vote 5 just because of this argument, vote how you feel. But remember that a 2 week project can be ruined by one blam.

Second, there's the topic of "video spamming", or, adding a bunch of short and / or (no offense) stupid videos at once. Esecially if you add the same tags to all of them. This belittles others' recent videos, and if you DO ad those tags, ALL of their videos. I'm not saying to keep a limit or anything like that, but if you're going to add a bunch of short videos, at least have the decency to put them together into one or two videos.

Thank you for your time, and remember this is JUST AN OPINION. I just needed to vent this.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A few issues I would like to discuss

Hm, my votings are very strict. If the video is nothing original, simply music added to dancing and a touch of editing, I won't rate it very high. If it shows creativity, a touch of comedy, intended or otherwise, and some other stuff I can't define at the moment, I'll rate it a tad higher. Receiving the highest rating from me is something uncommon, though. I haven't gotten to your videos yet, TBK, so those 4-star results aren't my fault.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    Hm, my votings are very strict. If the video is nothing original, simply music added to dancing and a touch of editing, I won't rate it very high. If it shows creativity, a touch of comedy, intended or otherwise, and some other stuff I can't define at the moment, I'll rate it a tad higher. Receiving the highest rating from me is something uncommon, though. I haven't gotten to your videos yet, TBK, so those 4-star results aren't my fault.
    Well, I'm not talking about the 3 or 4 star ratings, I'm talking about the trolls that vote 1 star just to spite me

3 or 4 is still a rare rating from me. Most of the videos I've seen so far have been given a 1 or a 2 once my rubric applies. I've only watched a few, though, and they were mostly Daddio's. If I vote it badly, it's for a legitimate reason, though, not biased on personal relationships or such.

3 or 4 is still a rare rating from me. Most of the videos I've seen so far have been given a 1 or a 2 once my rubric applies. I've only watched a few, though, and they were mostly Daddio's. If I vote it badly, it's for a legitimate reason, though, not biased on personal relationships or such.
    I can understand that. I'm also trying to encourage everyone to at least rate, because the more people that rate, the less chance a bitter troll can get the best of me and my hard-worked-on video

Sylvester is offline Master Gamer

I haven't rated any videos yet (I didn't realize that they could be rated on their own ), but you've mentioned a few good points I may take into consideration while doing so...

Bitter troll... (Sorry, couldn't hold it back anymore.)
    Well, there's definitely a lack in rating viewers. One website I don't remember required you to rate a video/game (I suddenly remembered it!) before commenting. Maybe this will help you out?

Bitter troll... (Sorry, couldn't hold it back anymore.)
    Well, there's definitely a lack in rating viewers. One website I don't remember required you to rate a video/game (I suddenly remembered it!) before commenting. Maybe this will help you out?
    Well, it's not as if I can really controll that sort of thing :l

Sylvester is offline Master Gamer

One website I don't remember required you to rate a video/game (I suddenly remembered it!) before commenting. Maybe this will help you out?
    It doesn't seem likely... it isn't going to stop others from giving out low ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    It doesn't seem likely... it isn't going to stop others from giving out low ratings.
    No, but it would solve the lack of ratings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast