Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Kaleb Opaleyes is offline Amateur Gamer

Default [EVENT] Mad Monster Party?

Date: Tuesday, October 26th
    Time: 5pm - 6pm Pacific (8pm - 9pm Eastern)
    Server: Server 1
    Location: Kaleb Opaleyes' Brairwood Lot and the official FreeRealms forums
    Host: The guild "Bad Apple". Just add Troy Opaleyes as a friend and teleport to him.
    Discuss this event here: My forum thread.

Everyone is invited to come and participate in the "Mad Monster Party?" event, which is being hosted by the guild "Bad Apple" at Kaleb Opaleyes' Brairwood Lot and the official FreeRealms forums. This party / event has a Spootacular theme, and it is required that you are wearing something spooky! This is a free event and tips / donations are not required.

Default Re: [EVENT] Mad Monster Party?

We are throwing a spooky party that we like to call "Mad Monster Party". Not only are we holding a mad monster party in-game, but we are running a game in the official FreeRealms forums to coincide with the event. You can help solve the mystery of the missing potion stolen from a mad scientist by one of the realms crafty evil monsters. During the party, clues will be added to the thread in the official FreeRealms forum to help you solve this mystery. The final clues will be given only in-game at the end of the party, after which, you may post who you think stole the potion. The person who figures it out and posts about it first is the winner! The story and the starter clues are at the end of this thread. Here are some things that will be going on at the party.

KALEB'S SPOOKY MAZE

Can you make it to end and discover the hidden treasure? Also, for the more competitive types, raceway checkpoints have been added. The current high record is 48.2 seconds on foot.

THE "FLYING DUTCHMAN"

It is said there is treasure hidden away in this ghostly flying ship.

ALERIA'S FOOD COURT

Aleria has been cooking up something good for all to eat at the party. Here is the menu:

The chief's "Greentree" Salad special
    Black widows marinated in their own poison
    Smoked lizards and snakes
    Marinaded mice
    Octopus soup a la Aleria
    and for the main course:
    Boar's head
    Roast vulture
    Minced hyena casserole

To be fair to everyone, please carefully read these rules before participating.

RULES:
    While you are free to post here your thoughts on who the culprit is, only your posts made AFTER we have posted that the event is over will count as an entry into the contest.

Only posts in the official FreeRealms forums will be counted as an entry.

Please do not beg or spam anyone for the answer, for none shall be given.

The final clues will be given ONLY in-game during the party, anyone who posts these clues in the forums will be disqualified.

You are free to attend the in-game party without participating in the forum game, but you still must wear something spooky.

Most of all, have a spooky time and lots of fun!

PRIZES:
    We now have 20,000 coin to give away to the winner of this event!

STORY:
    The genius scientist, Baron Von Frankenheim, has just finished working on his latest experiment. He has finally concocted a potion that can empower whatever it touches with almost invincible strength. Just a drop of it put on any weapon can make it able to Peirce almost any armor. Just a sip of it can grant a brawler the strength to knockout any opponent, or a wizard the ability to overcome the most powerful of magic spells. Best of all, there seems to be little chance of ill side effects. Such an accomplishment surely needs to be announced. So Baron Von Frankenheim called together a meeting of the realm's most fearsome monsters, of whom he was the unofficial leader of, to announce his latest creation at his mansion.

In attendance of this meeting, was his two assistants, who lived with him in his mansion. The lovely Francesca, his laboratory assistant, and Fletch, his zombie servant. Then there was his monsterish guests. The Experimental Monster, the Monster's Bride, the Thing From Blackspore Swamp, the Grim Reaper, the Mummy, the Ghost Of Spooktacular Past, the Vampire Count and the Werewolf Alpha-male.

It was now time for the Baron to reveal his creation. He held up a small wooden box for all to see and slowly opened the lid. He removed a small vial of blue liquid from the box. He explained what it was and what it could do. His guests grew very excited and began to ask how they could obtain some of that liquid. The Baron shook his head and explained that he felt it was too powerful of a thing for anyone to have, monster or not. His guests grew restless now and began to argue with the Baron. They demanded that they have some of his creation for themselves. The Baron would not change his mind, he told them ha called for this meeting merely to show off his greatness, but his creation was not for sale.

He put the vial back into it's resting place within the wooden box, but just as he was about to carry it away, he suddenly felt very ill and was getting very dizzy. He had a hard time just trying to stand up. The Baron almost fell, dropping the wooden box onto the floor. His assistant, Francesca, rushed over and helped him stand up and lead him out of the room. She took him to his room and sat him down on his bed. The Baron, now starting to panic, reminded Francesca that the box was still in the other room. She rushed out to get it for him. When she came back, she told him that all of his guests have already left and then she handed him the box. The Baron opened the box to take one last look at his creation before locking the box away. To his shock and horror, the vial was missing! He wondered who could have taken it. All of the people who were there wanted the vial for themselves. It could have been anybody! The Baron, too ill to investigate himself, sent a letter out to his distant relative. One that couldn't resist solving a mystery.

The next day, Kaleb Opaleyes opened the Baron's letter he just got in the mail. After reading it, he wanted to help the Baron, but this mystery is a very serious one and he would need help. He told his wife, Aleria and his brother Troy about what had happened and together they formed a plan. On behalf of Baron Von Frankenheim, they would throw a Mad Monster Party! What monster could resist a party during this spooktacular time of year! With all of the monsters at the party, Kaleb and Aleria could attempt to ask the monsters about what happened the night the Baron's creation went missing, while Troy examines the wooden box that housed the Baron's creation for any clues as to who may have stolen it. For this to work though, they would need a good amount of people to show up to the party, but not as humans or Pixies. No, the monsters would suspect it was a trap unless everyone else was a monster. So everyone at the party would have to be in costume to fool the monsters and maybe they might slip up and reveal a clue as to whom the culprit is.

STARTER CLUES:

What a strange night it was. What was really strange though is the illness I felt at the meeting. Maybe someone put something nasty in my food or drink. I have a really strong stomach, so whatever it was, it had to be very strong! The only other strange thing that I remember that night was the scene the Grim Reaper was making. Usually he is so quiet, but he seemed to be the most angry one there!

I live only to serve the master. He is the one who brought me back to life. I could never betray him or Francesca. Ah, Francesca, I wonder if all girls smell as pretty as she does.

I warned the Baron that the monsters would grow greedy and jealous. They would never understand why the Baron would not share or sell his creation to them. I helped the Baron with his work to create that serum. I know full well how much it could be worth to the right buyer and just how far each of those monsters would go to get their hands on it. I thought this meeting was a really bad idea from the start!
    Last edited by Kaleb Opaleyes; 10-26-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Minor details

Hey, just giving a heads up here in case you didn't notice our little update. We are now giving away 20,000 coin to the winner! So be sure to keep checking the contest thread in the official FreeRealms forums for more clues as the party goes on.

We would also like to mention that we now have a fortune teller tent setup for anybody who wishes to volunteer their physic abilities!

Icebreak13 is offline Amateur Gamer

Francesca Did It!
    My Shop Special Thanks To Acaycia For My Signature.

IGN: Echoez

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

!!! Bah! Didn't know it was today!! Anyway, I can be a fortune teller.
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who showed up for the event, this was the first hybrid event that we have hosted so it was very exciting! I would like to announce the winners who guessed the correct answer, which the culprit was Francesca! The winners are:

SKYLER ECHOLIGHT and DAWN SPRINGLIGHT

Due to issues with the forums, the winnings were split between the two winners. I would like to give them a big thank you for participating and staying until the end! Congrats guys!