Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Title: Does anyone know why "Free Realms" is closing? ..

Party Everyday is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Does anyone know why "Free Realms" is closing? ..

- the title says it all ... v.v
    - that was actually really funny (: but i don't like you. therefore i shall not laugh.

bunny girl is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Does anyone know why "Free Realms" is closing? ..

Sony says that "In a nutshell, the game has reached a stage in its life cycle where players are growing up and moving on to other games."

a lot of players think their closing it because they need their sources into newer games.
    Zalesana likes this.

I hope some day some nice millionaire will buy FreeRealms copyright...

RayWonderMetal is offline Pro Gamer

I could see it coming, I mean look at the general issues companies are facing - poor economy and they were trying out new methods to get more money and I guess that Free Realms just wasn't making as much as the other games were and of course a lot of other players have grown up.

I might try out the Everquest thing in the Summer and see if I meet any old FR friends there, I think it would be pretty interesting seeing friends in a different game format.
    marywaffle58 likes this.
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Amber Kindpaws is offline Pro Gamer

I agree with Bunny Girl & RayWonderMetal's answers.
    Freerealms players are growing up and playing other games instead, also that Freerealms doesn't earn as much money as the other SOE games. It's sad to see Freerealms end since it used to be one of those popular games in 2010-2012?

Freerealms

Love food.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunny girl View Post

a lot of players think their closing it because they need their sources into newer games.
    This is not speculation, this is fact. In a nutshell, FR among other SOE games have been steadily losing their audience over time and with less members obviously their is less income being generated therefor SOE is closing down those games in order to reinvest their human and financial resources into future projects that they believe will be more successful. Its also worth stating that Sony as whole has been doing quite poorly recently and yes that is partly due to the fact that we are in a terrible economy at the moment. The truth is that all electronic retailers/gaming companies are doing poorly or at the very least in contrast to how they did pre-economic crisis. Just look at Nintendo... In a few years they might not even exist anymore...

Zuki2Realms is offline Newbie Explorer

I really don't want fr to close I haven't met my goals and they need to give us our money back if it's closing and they shouldn't close because of money it's not about the money it's about the people who are actually playing and enjoying this game people like me

It's always about the money and they will not be refunding anyone's money nor should they feel obligated too. I believe Brett has made this analogy before but I shall use it again. Let's say you go grocery shopping at the same store for many years and it suddenly closes one day. Should they refund all the money you have ever spent there? No. Same concept.

Oh that does make sense but it still shouldn't close :/ just let us have fun with the game and let the people who want to close the game move on

It costs money to host the servers, do routine bug checks/fixes, etc. Even if they were not to deliver on any new content it would still cost money to continue to run the game and therefor they need to be making back at least some revenue to pay for the upkeep/maintenancing fees.

Oh we'll I better keep buying sc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast