Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahliadre

Title: Does anyone have a REALLY polite way to decline friend requests?

BlueVelvet is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Does anyone have a REALLY polite way to decline friend requests?

I've played this game pretty consistently since June '09. I've been part of guilds, big and small, including this one
    I've gone from a couple hundred ppl on my game friends list to a few, due to various reason. Everything from they no longer play to drama I needed to step outside of.
    So now I add very few ppl unless I know them EXTREMELY well. It's my personal preference, nothing against the person asking.

I always feel bad declining without a huge explanation, but don't want to add ppl then drop them. Does anyone have a SHORT way to bow out without either side feeling bad?
    Thanks!
    "Who are you people?!?~~Patrick Star

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Does anyone have a REALLY polite way to decline friend requests?

Hi Blue (: This is a really great discussion topic!
    I always add everyone, because it makes me sad to think of saying no when someone wants to be friends.
    Now, though, I have tons of people on my list that I don't even know.

I am very interested to see what others have to say about this (:

The simplest thing I can think of would be to whisper something like, "I appreciate the friend request, but I do not add. Thanks for understanding."

Hope that you are having a super day ♥Ahli
    IGN: Ahliadre

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

I think there is an option to turn off friend requests. Before I upgraded my computer, I found if my friend list was too large, the game would really lag. I use to turn them off & turn on the requests if I needed to add someone specific really quickly.

But, I think overall most people don't take it the wrong way if you decline. As long as you are polite if they ask, it should be OK. I don't take it the wrong way if someone says no...lol.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Yeah I would just turn it off I have to do a clean on my friends list because now most people on it keep asking for stuff.
    Done.

BlueVelvet is offline Amateur Gamer

Mine is on auto decline but lately I have ppl asking me directly why I declined them or if I'll add them when it's the first time I' ve ever seen them. Face to face declining is a bit tougher. I am always polite because even after all this time I'm still flattered someone wants to be friends ^_^
    Maybe I'm thinking too much, but saying "sorry, I don't take friend requests" makes me feel kinda uppity like I'm too good.
    I do like your idea Ahli ^_^

And I've never ever accepted "drive by" requests.
    Last edited by BlueVelvet; 01-09-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    "Who are you people?!?~~Patrick Star

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

As soon as it was possible to block requests, I did. Before that, it was wannafriendwannagroupwannaduel with not one word of chat. On very rare occasions, someone will chat with me, very rare. So rare, that I forget how to chat and can lose them. I think it's very impolite to ask about befriending with no chat at all so I have no problem with blocking. I do notice sometimes a player will follow and 'hover' for a while, but, oddly I think, never chat. I suspect they are running thru my blocks with wannafriendwannagroupwannaduel

Chicka is offline Amateur Gamer

This is a good question!
    Well first you should make sure your requests are blocked. Usually that gives people a good sign that you do not add and if there is someone you really want to add you could just turn it on and off again.
    But yes, a lot of the times people will ask you to add you or why you don't add and such. One thing I like to tell people is that I lag a lot. Yes, it could be a little white lie, but a little lying doesn't hurt once and awhile.
    You could also tell them that you just like to be alone sometimes and would rather not have many people on your list. Usually people will understand. You could simply just ignore them too!
    If they go into the extremes and keep pesturing you, you could always put the person on ignore.\
    And staying under the radar aye? Haha
    ~Forever Banned. IGN: Kioru
    My Youtube

Kaori is offline Amateur Gamer

Honestly I don't think there is one in my opinion.
    I just decline if I don't want to add them :/ Not to be mean and all but I just don't wanna add them. I don't know what they want. Sometimes people just add to ask for your stuff or for you to be their mom or for you to be their gf and its just awkward and uncomfortable.

My friend Asuna & I
    (Asuna shares Miss Savannnah With me

Venicelove1 is offline Explorer

I dont decline friend request before ^.^

Wishatopiafay is offline Explorer

The best way to decline friend requests is to put block on. If someone asks you why you won't add them, tell then "because I don't add people anymore." And if they keep asking and won't stop then it's harassment so I would ignore them if they don't stop asking. Otherwise another way would to get to know them or ask a friend of yours to add them for you. If they turn out to be a person u enjoy to hang out with. Then hang out with them I believe no one should ever be put down, even for the most ridiculous reasons.