Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Icon12 Diid it come from WoW?

If you've read my most recent blog post, So cool! (http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/blogs/756-so-cool) you know about some future things in Free Realms. I told my brother a little bit about it (he stopped and now plays Metin2 instead, but I still talk to him about it) like druids and picking a side, and he said they're trying to be like WoW. I don't like WoW anymore, but, do you agree? I don't (I think Free Realms has and always will be better) but do you?

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Diid it come from WoW?

Some differences are that you are not stuck to a class, and almost all ages can play this game.

Choosing between Good and Evil I would say is a thing I have never really found in WoW.

Trophies, I admit, are probably close to achievements... but we theorized that this might be part of the conversion to the PS3.

In terms of exploration/questing/etc, I sure am happy I don't need to wait on a 30 minute CD for my hearthstone and I am never relying on a petition to save me after I fell through the ground or when I get stuck.

From what I have read is that your brother has never played Free Realms and jumped to a conclusion

in other words: I would agree with you
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 10-22-2009 at 12:57 AM.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Mei Yin is offline Amateur Gamer

Druids have been part of fantasy games since long before WoW. Choosing a side or faction has been around since long before WoW.

No offense, but your brother sounds like one of those people who would see an old D&D manual and say "They're just trying to be like WoW". I've actually heard a kid say that before and when I pointed out D&D had been around since the 70's, he went all spaz-tastic.

I have no problem with WoW, I play on again and off again (It's not really my kind of game), but I really can't stand people who think everything but WoW is just a poor imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    Choosing between Good and Evil I would say is a thing I have never really found in WoW.
    Other than at character creation (or the paid option to change sides including a race change) I haven't noticed it either.
    Last edited by Mei Yin; 10-22-2009 at 03:51 AM.
    "The Outsiders"

alexko9 is offline Master Gamer

actually u do get to choose a side in WoW
    Find the Stone Heart Shop here!!!

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Many fantasy games observe a similar story line and character development. It comes with the territory of the genre. WoW really changed the mind set of MMORPGs and made it more accessible for players by changing the way quests were done and the way the game was played.

It is only natural for those following WoW to take from what it has done right and build on to it. Just like the story lines from J.R.R. Tolkien has been taken and built upon and D&D has been taken from and built upon. We all come with influcences in our creative spaces and want to pay respect to them -- but also make something better.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.