Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Dance Quest "Jumps the shark".

When others have posted "SOE is greedy" threads, I have always been among the first to defend their right to engage in free market practices. If FR did not generate revenues, It would cease to exist as we know it. I will not be so quick to defend them in the future. Why? In one sentance;
    Werewolves vs. Vampires Dance Off.

I wasted the better part of an hour of my limited game time today doing the quest line that leads up to the dance off, only to discover I had to buy a costume from the SC shop to finish the quest. It is beyond frustrating to do 90% of a quest just to have SOE say, "You gotta pay to play pal". Could you not have told me this before I started the quest? I for one, refuse to have my purse held hostage to my desire to finish a quest.

In the SC shop there are two TCG quests that can be purchased for play. If you do not wish to pay to play these quests, You can simply not purchase them. It's a shame that SOE did not show us the same consideration regarding the dance off. I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the total lack of consideration SOE has shown for my time. The next time I see a "SOE is greedy" thread, I will leave it to someone else to defend them. As far as I am concerned;
    SOE HAS JUMPED THE SHARK!

*edit: For those of you unfamiliar with the term "jump the shark", You can get a better explanation from Google than I could provide here. In a nutshell; It means messed up really bad by virtue of doing something really......dumb!
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 10-19-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

lil styles01 is offline Banned

Default Re: Dance Quest "Jumps the shark".

I agree.......

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

Yea i had to buy a werewolf costume thats why i am so desperate.... but i am for sure wont use my money and get my parents mad at me just for a quest :p

----

Keith Silvernight is offline Master Gamer

The only good side of this is if you buy a costume you get a red vampire shirt (or blue werewolf shirt, regarding which team you chose).

strikin brawler is offline Pro Gamer

Thats 100% true.............. maybe .

Kevin Cold is offline Pro Gamer

Whoa Layla you should be a speech teller and i have always known Soe is Greddy

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Thanks Kevin.
    I think the term you're looking for is long winded.

Thank you all for the support.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I had hoped this thread would generate more discussion, but I guess so many people had a costume prior to doing this quest that it did not bother them. I confess that I had a vampire costume before doing this quest, but do not own the werewolf costume required to complete the other part; Nor shall I purchase one. I have noticed that the Dance Off seems to draw a rather large crowd. I find it difficult to believe that people gladly shelled out the better part of ten dollars in order to complete both sides of this quest line. Surely I can not be the only member in FR that refuses to be charged to complete a quest that is already 90% done? Did they perhaps say "Oh well, I already have one costume. What's another five dollars"?

Of the the tens of thousands that play this game world wide; Are we the only seven that feel it was in poor taste for SOE to hide additional charges at the end of a nearly completed quest? If that's the case, I need to start training for a new career in game design. Even if I had have owned both costumes, I would still have written this thread. This practice shows a complete lack of consideration for my time on the part of SOE. I can only hope that it's the last example of such thoughtless business practices we will see for a while.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Abiagail Coralmusic is offline Master Gamer

That is pretty....wrong. I want the werewolf costume but we are low on money at the moment. Why does SOE have to pull the money out of us, at a bad time?
    I am a Tribute(fan) of the Hunger Games Trilogy. I am a HG Adict and I loved the movie. I am Team Peeta!
    THE HUNGER GAMES LEGEND BEGINS!

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

They dont know that abigail....
    I bought the werewolf for 500 sc i dont want to get the vampire.....
    Good thing is that i got the shirt didnt thinking i was about to get it....
    And layla theres 2 parts to the story... Lots of people were mad because they thought you first had to have the suit.... but thats not right.... Its the last quest... and thats the thing some people are already either going to get it or already have it. and you save about 300 sc if you dont want the tail/fangs and the pet

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Jay Moonhaven is offline Master Gamer

wow i got the vampire shirt but not wear wolf i had to go out and buy sc man it was a rip off
    Made by Epic Becca. Edit by me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast