Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Are collection boxes rarer now with new sampling update?

I am just not doing very well with my archer collections. I am almost wondering if there is a glitch since the update the other day.

I leveled up my archer about a week ago and have been trying to find the archer collections. I don't have any Archer Pages 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and don't have several of the other items. Today I started playing each dungeon in order from easiest to hardest to try to find them and out of the first 10 I have only found one collections box. Is that average or am I not remembering right. It seems like when I first started playing and was learning brawler and warrior I was finding the collection boxes almost every time I went into a dungeon and sometimes I would find more than one.. any ideas on this?

Also, related to collections boxes... does anyone else have their collection boxes disappear before they can pick them up? That has been happening to me as well. If I don't go over and pick them up right away I can see them disappear while I am battling an enemy. Very frustrating!!!

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Are collection boxes rarer now with new sampling update?

i have been having the same problem too. I have gone to almost ever dungeun and nothing....

moyinator is offline Master Gamer

Try going through robgoblin trove with 2 players and each one has a diferent job.
    I got 5 archer collection pieces in one run
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.

Hmmm... maybe this isn't my imagination! LOL

I just finished Bristlewood Glade and the Collection Box disappeared. Gee Whiz!!! It was surrounded by enemies so I couldn't get to it right away and by the time I could it was gone. I sent in a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by moyinator View Post
    Try going through robgoblin trove with 2 players and each one has a diferent job.
    Oh my gosh! That is amazing! I wish I would have that kind of run!!!!
    Last edited by Zadira Kindleriver; 11-10-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

I just finished Bristlewood Glade and the Collection Box disappeared
    Collections in the "out of dungeon world" and in encounters for me and most of my friends have been randomly disappearing when we go up to them since we began playing FR. :-(

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

CameronShadowtracker is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by moyinator View Post
    Lucky! I've fought in dungeons for hours, and only got a few collection pieces. First the chest, and now the dungeons.... Gah! I think this game hates me.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I've just been doing the to level 5 sampling of the MO jobs and I've had one or two collections for each job. On the other hand, though I've been getting collections for my lvl 20 Ninja and Brawler, I'm stuck and two items needed for each and have been for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhenry View Post
    I've just been doing the to level 5 sampling of the MO jobs and I've had one or two collections for each job. On the other hand, though I've been getting collections for my lvl 20 Ninja and Brawler, I'm stuck and two items needed for each and have been for a month.
    Hmmmm... so I am thinking that it is normal to get collections at the beginning but they will thin out toward the end.
    I did 21 dungeons today with my level 20 archer and I think I got four collection boxes in all , maybe five, but that is it and only one item that I didn't already have. This actually may be the way it is supposed to go. I am glad in a way.. if I had all my collections already, I wouldn't have as much fun. LOL

Thanks for everyone's help. I guess we will just keep on winning the good fight and eventually we will earn all our collection items.

wilbymilstone is offline Explorer

The thing you are talking about is a bug. It has happened to me on several occasions. I'll be in combat and can see the collection just out of reach and watch it disappear. Many other players have had this happen also and they have submitted reports and tickets. The devs know that it happens and do their best to squash the bugs when they can.

As for the collection spawn rates, I'm not sure exactly how those work. An educated guess from my observations are this:
    1. Any open area instance where all the enemies are visible will yield no collection boxes.
    2. Dungeons and open areas that require traveling to an end boss will yield several collection boxes.
    If you continue having collection boxes issues I would suggest posting in the Free Realm tech support area and submitting a CS ticket.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I have completed over 220 collections. I have three I can't finish. (this is RG junk pile stuff) I suspect it's deliberate rarity. That some of the items you are missing rarely spawn at all and that this is on a continuum "rarer than hens teefh) [what I need] to rare to uncommon. This is NOT the same thing as "Rare RG piles" or Rare Flowers. This is single items. So job collections will have some of these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast