Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pingles is offline Explorer

Default Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

I know most of you are "Upgraded" players but I have been playing the "Free" version to get a feel for how much free content there is. I plan on upgrading once my exploration is complete.

As a "Free" player the game had been exceptionally un-annoying and I was impressed by how little pressure they put on you to upgrade.

Not any more...

The update today added a few nag screens. For one thing there is now a big UPGRADE button in the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Also, when zoning the screen that comes up is an UPGRADE NOW screen and I no longer insta-zone. Every time I zone I get 30 seconds of screen ad time. This includes enemy encounters.

I realize this is a small price to pay for the game but I am sad to see them putting on the pressure. Perhaps they didn't open with enough paid subscribers...

Default Re: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

As a paid member (actually free this months I got in a trading card starter pack) I don't have the upgrade button but still have the nag on the loading screen and yes it's very annoying but if that's what they have to do then I can live with it.

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

I also do not have a membership. I am enjoying the free jobs right now and will probably get membership next month. They have brought some new member only features in so I can see that they are pushing for memberships which is fine... no one says you have to buy it regardless of how much they advertise it...LOL

July is offline Amateur Gamer

No membership for me either yet, although I have put in $10 in station cash so I could get pets. I am a little disappointed to hear that they're applying the pressure so quickly - the game just went live 15 days ago, after all. But I totally understand it's a business, and I will probably upgrade in the next month or so, assuming it keeps my interest which looks likely at this point. As someone else mentioned, I do wish they'd offer a yearly membership at a discounted rate, rather than making it a required monthly hit.

I noticed that too, but I always had to wait a little while to get in while it was loading so it doesn't feel like it takes me any longer now that there is an upgrade screen.

I figure the changes are not too bad. I'd rather them put up more advertising than to take away features and make them only available for upgraded members.

ellafrance is offline Explorer

I am just glad they don't restrict worlds in the game that non-members can't visit.

It's your world!

sassylove is offline Explorer

i suppose it is just a marketing thing,they want as many people as possible to know that you can "upgrade"

B.Moonsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Yeah, and I don't blame them at all. I want them to have enough funding to keep doing what they're doing. But I do think they should turn it off for folks who have already paid for a membership. We bought one for my daughter and myself, and the marketing screen still comes up for us, too. Also, I agree with July ... I wish they'd give us a yearly option instead of just the monthly. Maybe that will come in time. Regardless, for a game that is really "young" it is amazing to me how much fun it is.

Pingles is offline Explorer

Hmmm, it's changed! The button is still on my screen but teh load screen only comes up once in a while...

Maybe it was not intentional for it to be every time...

B.Moonsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Yeah, we just went back on and it is back to normal ... no sales pitch on any of the loading screens. Well ... maybe it is random and only comes up every once in a while. That would make sense, actually. Unlike finding the archer quest man southwest of the sanctuary ... LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast