Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Blue Screen

Default Blue Screen

I used to play Free Realms at work every once in a while, but yesterday and today, within a couple of minutes of going on, I got a blue screen saying I hit an infinite loop, and it shut my computer off. Since both times I had just started up Free Realms, my guess is it's the Free Realms that caused it. But it runs fine at home. I guess I can't play at work anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Blue Screen

First of all I dont work lol and nope it never happened to me but i got a black screen once
    Im back! :3

JimTheMan is offline Amateur Gamer

Yesterday, I got the exact same blue screen saying that I hit an infinate loop and it shut off my computer. Is it saying I play too much or something? (because free realms is fun) ^_^
    The man who tries and fails is a thousand times better than the man who doesn't try and succeeds.
    (i have also quit FreeRealms. View my profile page for details)

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

I thought I saw a post on the official forum in the tech section about that, may be worth looking around there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheMan View Post
    Yesterday, I got the exact same blue screen saying that I hit an infinate loop and it shut off my computer. Is it saying I play too much or something? (because free realms is fun) ^_^
    Thanks for posting. I'm glad it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingwolf View Post
    I thought I saw a post on the official forum in the tech section about that, may be worth looking around there.
    Thanks. I'll have to check the official forum.

Hopefully it's something that will be fixed so I can play again at work.
    Last edited by Bella BubbleBlossom; 06-30-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tismon is offline Master Gamer

There's a tech section?? I'll have to spend more time over there.

I noticed that FR was using up a lot more RAM than before and I was thinking that there might be a memory leak somewhere in it which would cause it to just keep eating more RAM until it became unstable (which is what was happening to me). But since I have no other proof than that, I can't say for sure.

I'll have to check it out too.

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by tismon View Post
    There's a tech section?? I'll have to spend more time over there.

I noticed that FR was using up a lot more RAM than before and I was thinking that there might be a memory leak somewhere in it which would cause it to just keep eating more RAM until it became unstable (which is what was happening to me). But since I have no other proof than that, I can't say for sure.

I'll have to check it out too.
    I definitely think there's a memory leak, after a few hours of play it bogs down pretty bad but clears up if I log out and clear memory.

I looked in the tech section and saw a post by someone else with the same problem. It was suggested to them to update their video card driver so I did that, and tried again and it worked. I'll have to try it a few more times before I'll consider it a success though.

The performance of my computers do tend to go down after playing Free Realms. Perhaps there is a memory leak.

tismon is offline Master Gamer

Well good, I'm glad that it's fixed.

The performance will always go down as you use something for a while. It's just the way windows is (not the best memory management), but if it's going down fast like this, it really can't be too much else.