Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Title: Ask A Dev!

SOE_Amnerys is offline Official Free Realms Staff

Default Ask A Dev!

If you could ask the Free Realms Development Team any question, what would it be?

Post a reply with your question! If you have a question for a particular Dev Team member, be sure to note that in the reply.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ask A Dev!

Quote Originally Posted by SOE_Amnerys View Post
    If you could ask the Free Realms Development Team any question, what would it be?

Post a reply with your question! If you have a question for a particular Dev Team member, be sure to note that in the reply.
    Cherry blossoms are symbolic for Japan. It was nice of SOE to make a pixeloid "Cherry Blossom Tree" selling this item in the SC Marketplace in March 2011, such that for every Cherry Blossom Tree purchased by a player, SOE donated $10 to the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Effort.

fr item:Cherry Blossom Tree :: Wiki :: Free Realms :: ZAM

The East Coast was recently devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Is SOE FR Dev Staff planning to make a "symbolic item" similar to the "Cherry Blossom Tree" to help the US hurricane victims? If it is too short a notice to make such an item, lots of players would like the Devs to re-introduce the "Milk Carton Gloves" (representing New York and Pennsylvania, two of the top 5 milk-producing US states severely affected by Hurricane Sandy) or "Rocker Set" (Bon Jovi is an American rock band from Sayreville, New Jersey, formed in 1988. New Jersey is one of the states severely affected by Hurricane Sandy). These items would be sold in the SC Marketplace. For every item purchased, we would like SOE to donate a percentage to a charitable organization to help the hurricane victims. I am sure lots of players will buy this "symbolic" item(s) for a good cause. Thanks.

Any FR Dev Team member could post a reply in this forum thread. Thanks again.
    Tommy0327 likes this.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Brett, the reply will not be here if there is any. It will most likely be on a Youtube video segment like they used to do called "Ask a dev".

Here is one:
    Free Realms Ask A Dev Vlog #3 - January - YouTube

I'm not sure why more traffic hasn't been redirected here. Gonna redirect it.
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AangXD View Post
    Brett, the reply will not be here if there is any. It will most likely be on a Youtube video segment like they used to do called "Ask a dev".

Here is one:
    Free Realms Ask A Dev Vlog #3 - January - YouTube

I'm not sure why more traffic hasn't been redirected here. Gonna redirect it.
    Thanks much, Aang.

When Ambassador Amnerys posted her message, I had the impression that replies or any discussion will be in this forum thread. I am not familiar with the Youtube FR Ask a Dev Vlog nor the SOE Live. If I understood your message correctly, Aang, the Ambassador would like us, players, to post questions in this thread; and the answers/replies would be in another website, like Youtube. Then, the Ambassador will send us a web link in this thread to watch their VLOG/webcast addressing our questions.

I hope my question is a valid one worthwhile to answer. I wish FR Staff re-introduce the "Milk Carton Gloves." I want a milk mustache, lol. If they could not release the "milk carton gloves," they could make "juice box gloves" available in various colors depending on the juice, lol. For example, I like OJ; they could make an orange juice box or bottle; and the player wielding it, will have an orange mustache, lol.

I "mustache" Ambassador Amnerys another question, but... I will "shave" it for later. ROFL.
    Tommy0327 likes this.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

The ask a dev segment was "stopped" for a while, year or two? Now it's back. All they want are questions. We post them, they choose some and answer them. If she will post the link to Youtube, that I don't know. But i would prefer if they actually post it on the front page, for every one to see. Remember, these are more like questions than wishes :p

Question ) On a weekly basis how much do YOU play Free Realms?
    Question ) Can we expect items like the Milk Gloves but that give, like Brett says other mustache's? I know I have never had a grape mustache but I have had a mango one O.o
    Tommy0327 likes this.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Why were some of the names of new places taken off the map?
    Tommy0327 likes this.
    Done.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post
    Why were some of the names of new places taken off the map?
    ^THIS^

Also a question that has been on my mind for quite some time: Assuming you have only started playing in 2011, how many total quests are there available for completion? Meaning if you were to complete every quest once because I am aware you can complete repeatable quests infinitly but the additional completions do not add to your quests completed statistic on your out of game character profile.

The reason I ask is because I am looking to get 100% completion of the game and I have no idea how far or close I am to that goal. (As far as quests go anyway.)
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Kaleb Opaleyes is offline Amateur Gamer

This is what I had posted in the official forums thread:

I have a question for the Developers, when is the website going to get it's much needed overhaul!! I am talking about the character profile pages. When the game was in BETA (or was it ALPHA?), the character profile page had WAY more features on it and appeared to even be somewhat customizable. As of now, the profile page is broken in a couple of areas, don't even get me started on the portraits page! Many posts and some tickets later, it still doesn't work like it used to. Even the new Sunstone Valley quests do not give little updates on the profile page like the older quests do. So is development totally abandoned when it comes to the profile page? Will it ever get the love that CWA character profile pages get!?!
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Oh I thought of a second question.

Bring back Pet Trainer.
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Okay now for a real question/bug report? There are six dungeons in the game where you can obtain maxed level gear for the combat jobs.

These are:
    Forest Troll Fort - Head
    Briarheart Caverns - Hands
    Haunted Mines - Chest
    Darkspore Depths - Pants
    Cray Caves - Feet
    Tanglewood Fort - Misc

If you are collecting maxed level gear for any job you will notice that the pieces of armor obtained at each location make up a matching final set. All maxed sets obtained from the wheel are matching sets EXCEPT WIZARD! All the armor pieces to the maxed Wizard job are Purple EXCEPT the Head and Chest item pieces which are Red. WHY!? I have finished all the maxed combat job sets and they all match, Archer, Brawler, Medic, Ninja and Warrior, however Wizard does not match!

It is extremely frustrating to myself and many others, to have to spend hours upon hours doing the Bonus Goals of tier 5 dungeons hoping to get lucky and get the last 2 pieces of the set in Purple only to get a hundred different item/color combinations all of which you dont need! This is completely unecessary and just a waste of time that can be better spent doing something more productive. So here are some questions. Are you aware of this? Do you plan on fixing this? When will this be fixed?

For a quick overview this is what needs to be done.

Forest Troll Fort - Head - Arcane Master Wizard Helm (Change from Red to Purple.)
    Haunted Mines - Chest - Arcane Mater Wizard Robe (Change from Red to Purple.)
    Now it should be a matching set!
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast