Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Zoro Muzi
  • 1 Post By AangXD
  • 2 Post By Zoro Muzi

Title: Article on Banking, and the Mystery Merchant

Zoro Muzi is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Article on Banking, and the Mystery Merchant

This is what c0braje7 our Producer, posted on the Official Forums:
    Hello everyone! I hope you had a great holiday last week and maybe played a little bit of Free Realms on your time off! If not… no worries, we have a ton of stuff releasing soon and I am sure all of you will be able to find something that is interesting. Check out the update and let me know what you think about the details… especially the upcoming content details at the bottom of the post!
    Item Banking
    We are extremely pleased to give the players of Free Realms a place to store all of their misc. items. It has been a long requested feature that many of you have asked for. Now you will have a robgoblin that will keep your valuables safe and sound… just watch out for soggy socks finding their way into your stuff!
    You will be able to find them in Snowhill and Pixiewood soon so make sure you check it out and take some of that stuff you have been lugging around forever and drop it off.

Mysterious Vendor
    Many of you have seen this mysterious vendor wandering around the world of Free Realms and have noticed that she is not yet selling anything. That was intentional! We wanted everyone to see the character and get to know the locations that she shows up in. That way when she is released you can hurry to her location to see what she has for sale. Her inventory is generally extremely limited and is handled in a first come, first served fashion.
    The items that she carries may be consumables, rare items or even new items that are not released to the entire server yet. It should be fun to see what she has and just think about how cool it would be to find a preview item before any of your friends!
    Here are a few examples of what the vendor carries from time to time (there is a ton more)…
    Each item is limited quantity so get them before the vendor runs out…
    Umbrella Hat
    Dwarftech Chopper
    Pogo Stick
    Pop-Dance Boombox
    Freewheeler Cannon
    Sunstone Dam

Building Blocks
    It is still inspiring to see our players use the building blocks that we have provided to create something as simple as a one room shack to amazing structures and animals for everyone to check out. The development team started talking about the level of engagement we want our players to have with the building blocks. The result of those discussions was to provide players with a starter set of building blocks when they purchase a housing lot. For example…
    When you purchase the Blackspore Swamp Lot you receive a wood builder’s pack to get things started. You can always buy additional builders packs to add to your inventory but we wanted to get as many people building as possible and this is a great solution for that.
    Hopefully this will be a nice jump start for everyone!

Upcoming Content Details…
    We have been busy working on the next round of content updates and since it is the sharing time of year I will give everyone an insider glimpse at what the developers of FR have been working on.

Achievements
    There are plenty of things to do in FR and what better way to track what you are doing than with an achievement system. That’s right, soon we will grant everyone access to a full featured tracking achievement system that has goals and rewards for trying out all of the cool stuff in FR. Go tip 10 cows, reach level 20 as a demo derby driver or challenge and win a duel against another player. These are just a few examples of the content we will be tracking and the sky is the limit!

Please use this thread to discuss the latest weekly update. I enjoy seeing the responses and we actively look for feedback and suggestions that could be added to a future update. It is exciting to share all of the cool new features with all of you, HAVE FUN!

The Daydreamer
    Found on dead servers, TCG advocate, "Dreams are the key to imigination." -The Daydreamer

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Default Re: Article on Banking, and the Mystery Merchant

Wow I am honestly excited to see what this new content update is going to be and I absolutely love the idea for achievements, it has been something I have been suggesting for along time!

Leighten Brave is offline Amateur Gamer

So will the vendor make the items CHEAPER? Will they be for COINS or SC? Dang, I need to start saving now! I know a ride/lot/etc will not be 2k. Wow, I'm broke. But I think that the banking is a great idea.

#PrincessCelestinaForFRI

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Truly awesome. However I am not keen on new items being so limited...
    Dawn73 likes this.

Zoro Muzi is offline Amateur Gamer

There are many questions that I have. Will the banking system be connected between alt characters? Will the merchant sell any old school items? Will titles be included in the new achievement system?
    Zalesana and 3daysgrace like this.

The Daydreamer
    Found on dead servers, TCG advocate, "Dreams are the key to imigination." -The Daydreamer

thomasdc01 is offline Explorer

I somewhat do not get this limited item idea. Why can't they just have a tab in the SC marketplace that says limited items instead of wasting it On this poor old snail. Also it reduces the amount of new items we may get in this new merchant as well as possibly retired gear. As for this banking, all i am hoping for is switching items between alts. Now I can trick people into thinking a noob with shades. Ha!

TheThing is offline Amateur Gamer

like i said on the mystery merchant it could be a TROLL XD

thomasdc01 is offline Explorer

Just to add to my last post, about those limited items I just saw how they said there are limited quantity, in a way I don't see how that's even fair. Some people have school or work while other people could be sitting at this snail lady getting more and more rare every second. And what will end up happening is the first day this new merchant is realeased everyone will go to her and take all of the limited items before hard working people even get online. If Free Realms really wants to get the maximum people maybe the items should have a time limit just like sales instead of quantity limits. I hope I will be able to get online when she opens but if not I wish the best to you all and happy rare hunting with a new merchant

P.S hoping for milk gloves, rocker, etc