Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Amazing! - SOE Donates $25,000 To Support Haiti!

I was just informed on some incredible news:

Even after just 3 days for the deadline, Sony Online Entertainment has reached their goal of $25,000 to support the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund!

If you don't recall, SOE recently introduced Zando the t-rex to the SC Marketplace for 500 SC. For each purchase of participating SC items across their games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, and Free Realms), SOE would give $10 to help those in Haiti who have been affected by the devastating earthquake last week. They would donate up to $25,000 by the 18th.

Well, even with the short notice and tight deadline, SOE has managed to reach their $25,000 goal!

"In just three days we were able to reach our goal of $25,000 and it's all because of the generosity of our players," said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. "They really stepped up for a good cause and we're proud to lend support to the estimated 3 million Haitians affected by the recent earthquakes."

Also, according to this press release, Sony Online has also raised $26,900 for Child's Play Charity during their most recent donation drive (which involved ziggy the triceratops!)

That means that about 2,690 SC items have been bought across all participating SOE games during that one-month drive, making it even more amazing that 2,500 SC items have been sold in just 3 days to support Haiti!

We would like to thank all players that helped SOE donate this much, and thanks Sony Online Entertainment for supporting such great causes!
    Last edited by Nymo; 01-21-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Default Re: Amazing! - SOE Donates $25,000 To Support Haiti!

that is awesome. i got the holiday triceratops, but missed out on the trex. argh.

Buck Nife is offline Explorer

Default Re: Amazing! - SOE Donates $25,000 To Support Haiti!

Thank you for posting this. I felt pretty certain Zando would hit SOE's max amount, but I'd been actively looking for a wrap-up on Ziggy and couldn't find anything. As of earlier today, Ziggy was still in the SC shop. I know I've made several posts about him, but if you read the letters from parents on the Child's Play web site, it'll break your heart for these kids.