Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default Why Did It Take So Long For Free Realms To Hit The PS3?

Free Realms is now on the PS3, but it has taken Sony almost two years to bring it to the console since it's original PC launch. Why did it take so long?

Kotaku recently had an interview with SOE president John Smedley about the PS3 launch and, namely, why it was long delayed.

Basically, there were some technical things that got int he way. Free Realms as it works on the PC had to be reworked to play on the PS3. Things like memory and making the game fit the controller had to be factored in for this version of the game. You can read more in the full article.

Other intersting things to note is that the voice-chat feature on the PS3 could come to the PC version if it works out on the console. Also, due to PlayStation's submission process, updates on the PS3 version are lagged behind by almost three months as compared to the PC updates. According to Smedley, they've been able to do updates quicker and they "intend to be catching up."

Smedley also comments on the Free Realms' player-created housing and compares it to the likes of Minecraft, saying that some of those creations "put MineCraft users to shame."

Be sure to read more and check out the entire article over at Kotaku!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Why Did It Take So Long For Free Realms To Hit The PS3?

Hmm, that is interesting But I have to disagree with it putting Minecraft Users to shame, as Free Realms has blocks, and no tech. I love Free Realms, but if someone were to compare the building from Free Realms (Especially an SOE Employee) to Minecraft..... they need to play Minecraft first XD.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by James Darkshadow View Post
    Hmm, that is interesting But I have to disagree with it putting Minecraft Users to shame, as Free Realms has blocks, and no tech. I love Free Realms, but if someone were to compare the building from Free Realms (Especially an SOE Employee) to Minecraft..... they need to play Minecraft first XD.
    My thoughts exactly! While there are impressive stuff built by players in Free Realms, I think Smed just like to talk big, as he usually does
    Both games are completely different, and players for both are creating really awesome stuff... But I can't say who has the better built things
    I am lost

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

FreeRealmsLeila12 is offline Master Gamer

You know if you showed all that wardrobe didn't you notice IT'S FORM THE VAULT which is sadly gone -sniff sniff-

kim coldrock is offline Amateur Gamer

haha i know right lol i guess it is harder on pc then on ps3

'On The Dance Floor'

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by FreeRealmsLeila12 View Post
    You know if you showed all that wardrobe didn't you notice IT'S FORM THE VAULT which is sadly gone -sniff sniff-
    Wait...what does that have to do with FR on the PS3?

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Jasonhebe is offline Amateur Gamer

I HAVE GOT TO GET THAT

Zelda Wolf is offline Explorer

I wish I could get it so bad, I kinda still wish i had a PS3

My life hate or not, I'm still livin it~

Epic Melo is offline Explorer

Not to be mean but my brother and I have been playing MineCraft for a long time and if you compare it to Free Realms, Free Realms could be fun to build stuff but HARD and MineCraft is fun to play and EASY. If they are comparing MineCraft in Single Player mode, they should see what stuff I can build in Multiplayer mode and i have build a building that reached the sky limit and is a half circle which is HARD to do it on Free Realms. (when I mean circle, since the blocks are squares its kind of different then a circle) So people who had compared Free Realms to MineCraft have to think again.

YoungMoney is offline Explorer

Nymo! I need to retry after school. I need to know your name too.
    FR FORUMS: Undead

Undead Studios