Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default What We Know About The PS3 Version Of Free Realms

Last Friday, we finally got word that Free Realms will also be available on PS3 by month's end. However, there's still many things people are wondering about for this version of the game. Well, wonder no more as we here at FreeRealmsInsider.com compile together details that we know about the game so far that are on the minds of many. What can you expect? Check out the list below!

Confirmed:

• Can I play the PS3 version with my existing PC account? No: Both versions are separate. You won't be able to play with your existing character on your SOE Station account and everyone on the PS3 version will have to start new using their PlayStation Network account.
    [*]Can PC and PS3 players play together online?
    • No: There will be no cross-platform compatability between PC/Mac and PS3. Both versions are on different servers.
    [*]Can I pay for items on the PS3 version with Station Cash?
    • No: The PS3 version is linked to your PSN account, not your SOE Station account. Because of that, you will use currency from your PlayStation wallet rather than SC.
    [*]How much will it cost?
    • It's free to download off the online PlayStation store! Membership will still cost the same: $4.99 for one month, and the $34.99 lifetime membership option is also available for this version!
    [*]When will the European launch be?
    • The March 29th announcement only applies to America. There currently is no set date, but the current target is April or May.
    [*]How big is the download?
    • 860 MB
    [*]Will PlayStation Network Trophies be supported?
    • Yes! Free Realms will make use of the PS3's trophy system and will have a full set of 48 trophies, including 6 hidden ones.
    [*]Can I play the game with PlayStation Move motion controller?
    • Currently at launch: No. However, it was planned from the start to support the motion controller, but there was some difficulty in implimenting it. But there's always a possibility that they could update the game in the future to use the Move!
    [*]Can paying PlayStation Plus subscribers get any bonuses?
    • Again: Not at launch. Possible benefits for PS+ members are being discussed, but there currently none at the moment.
    [*]Will the game be integrated with PlayStation Home?
    • There currently no plans for Free Realms to support PS Home.
    [*]How can I communicate in this version?
    • You will be able to use a keyboard just as the PC and Mac versions, but unlike those versions, you will also be able to voice chat with other players in a group.
    [*]What will be missing from the PS3 version of the game?
    • Similar to the Mac version, the Free Realms TCG game will not be included on the PS3 version due to compatability problems.
    Speculation:

• Can PS3 players on the American version and the European version play together? There's nothing official, but considering that the Euro version hasn't released yet and that the US/EU servers for the PS3 version of DC Universe Online (which is also by SOE) are on different servers, the same may apply for Free Realms on PS3.
    [*]Can I use the same kind of codes on the PC version on the PS3 game? [list]It depends on the code. Considering that you can only pay with PlayStation currency, SC card codes won't work with the PS3. And also considering that there is no TCG in this version, codes from the physical booster pack won't work with the PS3. Other codes, such as the free ones or ones from the comic books, are uncertain.
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

diamond381 is offline Banned

Default Re: What We Know About The PS3 Version Of Free Realms

wow 860 mb thats like three times shorter than the god of war demo.my estimate is a little over an hour to download.by the way thanx for posting this thread,it answered a lot of my questions
    Last edited by diamond381; 03-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.

wait so does this mean that only a few people are gonna be on the servers since fri people know ,but not many people in the public do?

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by diamond381 View Post
    wait so does this mean that only a few people are gonna be on the servers since fri people know ,but not many people in the public do?
    I'm pretty sure that many people will be on when the game launches. There's been lots of news on this on many sites, and being that the PlayStation Network has almost 70 million accounts and the fact that the game will be free, the servers will definitely be busy, or at least at launch.
    I am lost

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that many people will be on when the game launches. There's been lots of news on this on many sites, and being that the PlayStation Network has almost 70 million accounts and the fact that the game will be free, the servers will definitely be busy, or at least at launch.
    yeah lots of people go to playstation store as well.

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Excellent article Nymo!!! You answered a lot of questions people have. I think it will be awesome to be able to talk while you play!!

Jakearoo is offline Amateur Gamer

Having to pay another $34.99 for lifetime membership again is annoying though.

NewGuy2123 is offline Master Gamer

OmG oOMG OMG!!!! i haven't been on Free Realms forrrrrr agesssss cause i was bussy kinda playing ps3 and now this is on PS3!!! ahhhh i sooo happpsss seriously but im not in America im in EU and im gonna have to wait another mont or 2?
    Siggie by: Jaiy&Linā™„

gunwizard Guest

will there be level cap to 5 like they did in pc version?

ivan03 is offline Pro Gamer

its lame if i cant use my account in it
    Watch your thoughts, they become words.Watch your words, they become actions.Watch your actions, they become habits.Watch your habits, they become your character.Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.