Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default VirtualPetInsider to change things up! Free Realms is coming!

The staff here at VPI has come across a whole new FREE virtual world that's just been introduced by Sony Online Entertainment -- Free Realms! The new virtual world is currently in beta and will be similar to Club Penguin (free to join, and extra benefits for subscription).

There is not a great deal of information currently out there, but we have high hopes for this amazing new virtual world! From what we can tell, it appears to take parts of Second Life, Webkinz World and World of Warcraft! Take a look at http://www.freerealms.com.

We've found that VirtualPetInsider was a good theoretical concept, but we have realized that we should have heeded the old cliche "A jack of all trades is a master of none". As such, we will be making some BIG, EXCITING changes to VPI. All of your accounts will remain intact, but VPI is to become FRI (frinsider.com) in the coming weeks!

KookeyB is offline Newbie Explorer

Default Re: VirtualPetInsider to change things up! Free Realms is coming!

I'm glad there's another cool virtual world coming, and I appreciate the heads up on that! I'll definitely check it out. However, I willl miss an easier way to keep track of Kooland, BB2.0, etc. Is there a way to at least separate out the comments regarding Club Penguin from Kooland, BB2.0, etc? Can they each have their own space instead of all being lumped together? Or another forum that can sort of run itself so we fans of those worlds can more easily keep up on them? Thanks for all the hard work that you do here!! You are appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KookeyB View Post
    I'm glad there's another cool virtual world coming, and I appreciate the heads up on that! I'll definitely check it out. However, I willl miss an easier way to keep track of Kooland, BB2.0, etc. Is there a way to at least separate out the comments regarding Club Penguin from Kooland, BB2.0, etc? Can they each have their own space instead of all being lumped together? Or another forum that can sort of run itself so we fans of those worlds can more easily keep up on them? Thanks for all the hard work that you do here!! You are appreciated!!!
    Unfortunately, I wish this were the case, but our intent is to phase those worlds out because this is to be dedicated to FR.

trekkiegirl is offline Newbie Explorer

I'm confused (and kinda disappointed). Why does Free Realms need another forum when Sony has one at the freerealms.com site? And why phase everything else out instead of just leaving at least 1 "all else" category? Something is better than nothing.

So is the reason for this because the forum is Free Realms owned and no competition allowed?

I mean, I just joined at FR beta the other day (which we can now apparently talk about since they just lifted the ban) and am enjoying it but there's a forum right at the site that looks pretty busy already.

hunk109 is offline Explorer

Icon8 Re: VirtualPetInsider to change things up! Free Realms is coming!

FreeRealms looks awesome BUT I do miss the old VPI

I hope everything turns out well!

Icon6 Re: VirtualPetInsider to change things up! Free Realms is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
    I'm confused (and kinda disappointed). Why does Free Realms need another forum when Sony has one at the freerealms.com site? And why phase everything else out instead of just leaving at least 1 "all else" category? Something is better than nothing.

So is the reason for this because the forum is Free Realms owned and no competition allowed?

I mean, I just joined at FR beta the other day (which we can now apparently talk about since they just lifted the ban) and am enjoying it but there's a forum right at the site that looks pretty busy already.
    Because the hosted forums have a different focus than here. Think about how many Webkinz forums there are! Theirs is more "issues" and problems related and I think that we can offer more information that's easier to find. The fact that we have less than 50 active members out of over 1,000 registered serves as evidence for the failure.

There is an all else category down in "It's a Social Thing" called "Pre Free-Realms". Unfortunately, the VPI idea was misdirected and just too hard to provide up-to-date info that was useful to members.

Flablo is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon3 Re: VirtualPetInsider to change things up! Free Realms is coming!

Very cool updates!
    I like how you completetly revamped the forums, the new layout is quite nice.

as most of you should know we can't talk about the beta free realms, but, I don't think its commiting a crime saying its quite good.

I'm exicted for the changes from VPI because VPI wasn't very active. hopefully FRI will turn out well.
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
    -Dale Carnegie

trekkiegirl is offline Newbie Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Kade Wolfspotter View Post
    Think about how many Webkinz forums there are!
    Actually, I don't have a clue. Don't have a Webkinz.

There is an all else category down in "It's a Social Thing" called "Pre Free-Realms". Unfortunately, the VPI idea was misdirected and just too hard to provide up-to-date info that was useful to members.
    So you'll be keeping the all else category for the foreseeable future? I noticed you made subforums there.

Flablo, I think FR lifted the NDA yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
    Actually, I don't have a clue. Don't have a Webkinz.

So you'll be keeping the all else category for the foreseeable future? I noticed you made subforums there.

Flablo, I think FR lifted the NDA yesterday.
    Yep and yep. They lifted the NDA so you can talk about it all you want, post pictures, videos hints, whatever you like!

Also, I'll be permitting username changes for everyone if you'd like to change your name!