Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default The SOE Webcast & Podcast Wrap-Up

The latest SOE Podcast recently came out, and there's a new webcast coming up tomorrow! So, here's a little SOE-cast overview!

First up: SOE's webcast series has something pretty cool this Thursday! This "Art Portal" webcast will feature several Sony Online Entertainment artists, including Free Realm's lead animator Floyd Bishop! If you're an artist, or just want to know more behind the scenes stuff, don't forget to check out this webcast! Check here for more details!

It all begins tomorrow, Thursday April 28th (Free Realm's Birthday!) at 4:00 PM PDT over at SOE' Stickam Channel. Remember that you'll need a free Stickam account in order to chat with us when the webcast goes live!

Update: The webcast has come and gone! If you want to watch the entire thing, check out the full 35 minute video below! Check out how Free Realms is animated, how the artists got their start, and much more!

Finally: Episode #108 of the SOE Podcast (The "Chatty-cast") is up for your listening pleasure! In this edition, Free Realms' producer Nick Parkinson (better known as Glip the Gnome on the forums) is interviewed! Want a rundown of what was mentioned? Here's a list!

[list][*]Nick again mentions the upcoming ranching and diners that's yet to come in the future of the game[*]All of farming, ranching, and diners will be inter-connected. For example: You can feed what you grow on your farm to your ranch animals. However, you will not be able to feed what's in your ranch to your diner: Nick says "That's kind of not the direction we're going with that!" So, you don't have to worry about your cows and pigs to become burgers and bacon in your diner![*]In terms of any new lands: Nick says that that's not the focus right now. They can certainly do that, but it takes a lot of effort to do such a thing. He argues that they could bring out a new land, and let players quickly go through that, or bring out other features that have a "longer lifecycle" that players can keep playing, like the farming/ranching/diners. "Those ultimately benefit the players and the game more." They would love to do something like a new land, but "it's not coming any time soon unfortinately."[*]He closes on that note with "But there's a lot of cool stuff that is coming that I think players will ultimately like more."[*]As far as new quests: There will be "some new quests" when there's new events going on. "In terms of like doing something like a Chapter 2 or something like that, not so much."
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: The SOE Webcast & Podcast Wrap-Up

I'm dissapointed with this. From my knowledge, the new lands have been 'coming soon' since the game debuted. They have time to program all these new features, which will eventually be like jobs- once you're done, there's nothing more to do- yet they don't want to program new lands, which is what we're asking for. I could go a few months without new content if they would release a new land by then. I know it might take more than a few months (it took me a week to program a simple 3D Pong game at gaming camp) but I think it should be their main focus. It's what we want. I don't really care about 'ranching and diners' even though they kind of sound fun. And if they won't give us new lands, at least a wave of new quests! Why no Chapter 2?! Whatever happened to 'give the people what they want'?
    Allons-y.

progress is slow, and they are focusing on minor things that really aren't that important. spending time adding new playgrounds as everyone is screaming for new areas? making "ranching" when we need new quest lines? SOE needs to start focusing on whats important not just small updates....
    the little things in life

gigatomboy is offline Master Gamer

I read this and immediately thought--

Wow. 3D FarmVlle/Cafe World/FrontierVille... Coming soon! TT_TT

You won't find me on FreeRealms anymore. If you want to meet me in Mabinogi, my IGN is Svanett & I'm on server Alexina.

Jasonhebe is offline Amateur Gamer

wow you mmight be opening the new land soon i have been wondering about it

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

AWWWwwwww i was really waiting for a Chapter 2

bannafan is offline Explorer

Icon4 Re: The SOE Webcast & Podcast Wrap-Up

Well, Since the game started, We all heard about the 3 areas Silver Hills, Sun Flower, and so on. I believe the cast has been making new items instead of working on the areas (ex: Ride, Pets, lots...) As the gamer starts to max their levels they notice they need membership for this and that, And if they are a member and they maxed all of their jobs, They have nothing to do. The cast should make more mini-games that are free and or membership, The Pirates mini-game is a hit but only for members, Farming on the other hand is fun for both member or not member, and Combat is pretty fun but it gets boring after awhile to much enemies and short story lines make the Combat and Missions slower. I suggest the cast puts up the 3 areas, put up some more mini-games and make more jobs! This is Brittany Brightrune Signing off, I hope this is useful

Toxic Seth is offline Master Gamer

Sounds Good

"Always Be Yourself, Because The people Who Mind Don't Matter and The People Who Matter Don't Mind."
    Dr. Seuss.

freelssse is offline Explorer

Yipeeeeeeeee
    Freerealms forever

kayalexis3 is offline Explorer

I'm not good at keeping track and I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure for people in New York and Virginia and other places perhaps this may've started before the 28th. I could be wrong tho. I'm just pretty sure. All I wanted to say.
    Erosion and windstorms,clouds and suns or others could be bad but when 2 seasons of opposite mix,you get worse...