Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default SOE Birthday Ustream Event Reveals Some New Info + More!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=1858]SOE Birthday Ustream Event Reveals Some New Info + More![/drupal]

SOE wrapped up their Free Realms Birthday Ustream event hours ago, and it was a blast! We got some nice behind-the-scenes information on what happens in Free Realms at the company, along with some hints on what's to come in-game!

Here's a few highlights on some of the new information shared today at the event!
    • Station Cash weapons is being considered to be brought back into the game. They won't be the same weapons previously released, and there's nothing official yet.
    • Other payment options other than credit cards and SC cards is on the pipeline.
    • Changes in the item belt might be coming, but changes overall to the character screen is planned.
    • New summer camp event planned this year! It will replace the summer splash event held last year and take place in the Greenwood Forest instead of Seaside. It will feature Chatty as a camp leader, and there will be new activities! The event is planned to arrive early June.
    • Free Realms' lead animator Floyd Bishop hinted at a few things during the event:
      • A new commercial for the birthday is planned to go out next week!
      • On the topic of mounts "...If you're bored with mounts we have in game now, if you hover around long enough you won't be bored..."
      • Sitting animations are done, it's just attaching it to every chair that will be an issue and take a lot of time.
      • A ton of new emotes are also ready! Many of the new emotes will be tied to the quick chat. They just need to be placed into a future update.
      • New housing blocks will be coming!
    That's just a small taste of what was mentioned at the event! For more on those and other fun with Ambassador Pex, game designers Tiffany (world team) & Chris (combat team), Chatty and Robbie the Robgoblin, Floyd, and the international ambassadors (including Shingo!), go watch the entire 2-hour event!

The event was also celebrating Pex's birthday, so Happy Birthday Pex! Hope your birthday was a blast, and thanks for the event!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Vestaloyne is offline Explorer

Default Re: SOE Birthday Ustream Event Reveals Some New Info + More!

They also mentioned that there will not be a Series 3 TCG.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

That's some great new soon-to-be-released info! I feel sad about the old SC weapons not returning. At least I can be happy about not buying them since they became weak at the end. Let's just hope the Coin Flow weapons come back. I need to buy one.

and... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEX!
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

hover eh? could this mean a hover board? or a hover scooter? sweet!

thanks for the heads up nymo! gonna watch this after work

Gage is offline Explorer

So they are trying to make SC available in other places too?

hover? did he say hover? omg do u know what this means? hover boots here we come!
    when asked about the logic of 'Jaws', sky said this:
    It was made a long time ago, people weren't as smart back then... That's my only answer.

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

Sweet, cant wait to see what changes later on in the future from this. No mention of the vault?

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan Goldlight View Post
    Sweet, cant wait to see what changes later on in the future from this. No mention of the vault?
    Actually, Pex said at one point that the rewards from the vault would conflict with the stuff you can buy from the coin shop.
    and how would the old vault clothes conflict with the coin shop clothes?
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

:O ...
    Honestly I would take vault over the coin shop any day..

DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan Goldlight View Post
    :O ...
    Honestly I would take vault over the coin shop any day..
    I agree, for a lot of reasons but the main one is that when you inspect someone with coin shop clothes, the clothes from the coin shop will not show up the right color. For example, imagine a girl is wearing a light purple striped tank top from the coin shop. If you click on her to inspect, it will show up the right color in the little box, but if you put your mouse over it it would show up that teal color. (Which might be a little confusing to some people, the way I explained it.)
    And I also want that flaming cake to go in Chatdy's face...
    I don't really like the summer camp idea, (especially the part about Chatdy as the leader!) And yes, I will still call him Chatdy even though his name was changed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast