Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default SOE Announces 4th G.I.R.L Scholarship

SOE is now taking Applications for their 4th annunal "G.I.R.L Scholarship Program." This Program was designed to give females in undergraduate video game programs (such as visual effects, design, game art, production, or programming) a chance to learn how the business works within a Gaming Company. It also encourages other girls to consider a career in the Video Game Industry and to continue playing the games they love.

Did you know there are more Female Gamers then ever? Studies now show that girls make up a large part of the population playing Games. But we only "make up only about one in every 10 game developers", according to SOE's Laura Naviaux. This is a great chance for someone pursuing this career to get an inside look and come back with great experience and knowledge to continue their education, or pursue the first step in their career!

The Winning student will be awarded up to $10,000 towards their tuition and other expensives associated with their degree. Along with the chance to participate for Ten Weeks in a paid internship at SOE's development offices. Click HERE for more information and instructions on how to apply.

We wish everyone who applies the best of luck with this great opportunity, and continued luck in their education!
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 03-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

strikin brawler is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: SOE Announces 4th G.I.R.L Scholarship

Hmm what is it??????

Epic Ariel is offline Master Gamer

I don't get it
    I do not play FreeRealms anymore.

Sammy123 is offline Newbie Explorer

What?! 18 years or OLDER?! Gosh.. still gotta wait a few more years..lol,I read all of that for nothing. -.-

Kate Darkcastle is offline Amateur Gamer

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for a young woman going to college and majoring in computer science. Too bad I had to use punch cards...

Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Yeah, it's for undergraduate students :]

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Ivis is offline Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Darkcastle View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for a young woman going to college and majoring in computer science. Too bad I had to use punch cards...

I feel your pain -- where was this when I was getting my education, huh? And they say there are no girls on the internet.....bah!

Seriously, though -- don't overlook this, ladies; even if you're not going to be an undergraduate next year, keep an eye on this. Check it out, learn about it, figure out if it fits any part of what you're thinking you might want to do. I know several of you out there are thinking about it....GO FOR IT! At least check out the details, grant monies make a huge difference for a lot of students.

Happy Gaming,
    -i

zois is offline Pro Gamer

i do not any idea what is the G.I.R.L.?
    Be yourself.Everyone else is taken.
    IGN: Max Humor
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ild-now-42274/

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

G.I.R.L is a small organization endorsed by SOE that gives female gamers opportunities to do what they love (gaming) for a living. This scholarship program is basically when they award you up to $10,000 towards your tuition and you work at SOE for ten weeks as a paid intern.

Pretty good opportunity for any girl wanting to get out there in the gaming industry. I do agree as a boy that there should be more girls in the gaming industry.

wolflover is offline Amateur Gamer

OMG! i would ... so badly because i want to be a video game dezigner xD but i am no where near 18 years ... NOOO xD

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast