Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default New Screenshots! New Info! New Pets! New New New!!!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=1614]New Screenshots! New Info! New Pets! New New New!!![/drupal]

Getting tired of teaser pictures? Well, check out these new screenshots from Free Realms's new treasure hunting pirate minigame via Facebook, Twitter, and the official forums!

Also, more info on the minigame will be revealed later today! Finally! Keep a weathered eye out for more!

UPDATE: The official Free Realms Blog has been updated with more info on the minigame from Senior Producer David Georgeson, including info on new pets!

Greetings Realmians!
    My name is David Georgeson. I’ve recently returned to SOE as the new Sr. Producer for “Free Realms”. (You’ll see me on the forums occasionally as “Mister_Qixter”.)
    I’ve been making games for over 20 years now, and the games I’ve made are widely varied. My early career was mostly action games (including SOE’s own “PlanetSide”), but I spent the last few years at Gaia Online dreaming up and running the team that made “zOMG!”, immersing myself in that crazy, huge community and figuring out new ways to push the virtual world envelope.
    Now, I’m leading the charge with the great team that’s already here on Free Realms, helping come up with ways to make your world even cooler and more fun. (And, boy howdy…do we have ideas! Oh yes…so very, very many.)
    You may have seen some of the mysterious pictures that “leaked” earlier this week on our forums, twitter and Facebook pages. And, while we are still trying to figure out who the sneaky mole is, I can announce that “Pirate’s Plunder” is the next 3-D mini-game that will be out later this week! In addition to the launch of this extremely cool game there are also new pirate-oriented clothing and housing items available, new characters around the world, and just generally awesome pirate-ish-ness going on. (You know you need a pirate ship outside your house, right? Yarr!)

But wait! There’s more! Want a tiger pet? Cool. We’ve got that too. Oh! You want improved Pegasus animations AND two more cool variations of the Pegasus Ride? We’ve got those too! (See!?! We listen to your comments on the forums. We really do.)
    We’re also scheduled to debut a fun feature for members called “Pet Pals”, which are cute little mini pets that follow you around the world and keep you company. Pet Pals can be bought for coin or Station Cash. (Be sure to check out the Fish. Not to be missed!)
    And, believe it or not, Free Realms will hit the one year mark in April! Yup, it’s our first birthday next month, and we’re going to celebrate in style. I’ll wait to unveil the details of that later, but the team has been in a frenzy coming up with a big event to wrap around that momentous day, and we aim to please.
    So stay tuned! We’ve got some wild things being planned. Free Realms is going to get a lot crazier (read that as “wildly entertaining”) soon. You’ll see.

Until next time,
    David (Mister_Qixter) Georgeson.
    A partial list of my game credits (in chronological order):

Pools of Darkness (one of the first AD&D computer games ever made)

Absolute Zero

Mechwarrior II series

Heavy Gear 2

Crusaders of Might & Magic (the Playstation version)

Tribes 2

PlanetSide

Mage Knight: Apocalypse

zOMG!
    And now…Free Realms!!!

New minigame and pets? Looks like another big update to look forward to!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Zoey Cleversong is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: New Minigame Screenshots Surface! More Info Coming In Today!

Awesome! At least they quit teasing us. haha.

DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

They used to have a game a bit like this on VMK.....

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Sweet! I can't wait for the new minigame!
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by DawnSeastar View Post
    They used to have a game a bit like this on VMK.....
    yeah, I'm getting the same VMK vibe from these screenshots too. Can't wait to play it.

Just wondering WHERE this is located in Free Realms
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!

slinkyman is offline Newbie Explorer

I agree about the VMK part. This looks especially like a cross from VMK's Capture the Flag (only you find Gold Chests and return them) and the type of animation/action found in Pirates Online. A great combination to add to the amazing world of FreeRealms. However, I really hope a "Pirate Job" will be added if not with the release, than later on. Honestly, I like Pirates more than Ninjas.

justtempest is offline Newbie Explorer

Free Realms just gets better all the time. I started playing 10 months ago, and haven't run out of things to do.

Just updated the post with EVEN MORE INFO! Epic stuff coming! LATER THIS WEEK!
    ...hopefully, if there's no delays
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!

jzpoodle is offline Amateur Gamer

lol thats cool. that kinda looks like the pirates of the caribean game. lol or a bit like dogs of the sea.

Sir DragonDrake, leader of the
    THE ELITE HYBRID-MUTANT CLAN
    Ii drew the pictures myself. LOL. lNot that good at making them look real.but i am working on it.

Stephani Rabbitheart is offline Master Gamer

Sweet! I can not WAIT!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast