Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default Maintenance Tonight Plus New Content Incoming!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=1995]Maintenance Tonight Plus New Content Incoming![/drupal]

We recently got the heads up from Pex that Free Realms will be down at 9 PM pacific time and will last anywhere between 2 to 6 hours to "add new content to the world!"

What kind of new content, you ask?

During SOE's recent Ustream event we highlighted the other day (which unfortunately was not recorded), there's 2 new things coming to Free Realms: Playgrounds and Jackpot Plants.

Recently there were new housing blocks added to Free Realms, like the fall away and cloud blocks, and SOE wants to get them more exposed in the realm and inspire more people to make use of them. How? Playgrounds created by housing blocks will be placed around the map to help get the blocks more exposure to other players.

Also, we know how you can recently buy coin packs in the Station Cash Marketplace, but how about buying something with SC that will keep giving you coins? Introducing 'Jackpot Plants', and yes, it's literally a money tree.
    Jackpot Plants are simple: Water them every day, and you get coins! And if you have your friends come over and water your Jackpot Plants, you get additional coins! If you forget to water your plant, you don't get your coins, but don't worry: Your plant will never completely die off! You can always water it the next day for your coins.

Note that all this info is all word-of-mouth from the Ustream event, and some details may not be completely right.
    So, just keep an eye out for the new items, and maybe more, when the servers come back from maintenance and stay tuned to FreeRealmsInsider.com as well for more news as they come!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Maintenance Tonight Plus New Content Incoming!

Nice! I can't wait for the updates.

Thanks for the heads-up, Nymo!
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Oh boy! I can't wait till after the maintenance! WHOOT!

omg.....a money tree!!!!!!!!!!!!! must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........i need sc........
    when asked about the logic of 'Jaws', sky said this:
    It was made a long time ago, people weren't as smart back then... That's my only answer.

angelicaldream is offline Pro Gamer

Looking forward to the new playgrounds!

Kinda curious about the "Jackpot plants" idea although I doubt I'll be buying one unless the daily payout is particularly good
    Read the second issue of the Free Realms Newspaper!
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=24163

ragnorok is offline Explorer

Cant wait for the Jackpot Plant I will soon be rich
    IGN: Ryan0234
    Proud member of <Insiders> since 5/6/10
    Maxed Jobs
    Adventure, Archer, Brawler, Blacksmith, Chef, Kart Driver, Medic, Miner, Ninja, Pet Trainer, Postman, Warrior and Wizard

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by angelicaldream View Post
    Kinda curious about the "Jackpot plants" idea although I doubt I'll be buying one unless the daily payout is particularly good
    Kaden had said that it is 1,000 coins a day for you and 25% bonus for friends... or something like that. Don't exactly remember.
    Of course, he also said that he could be wrong since he can't listen to the talk again.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Myth is offline Pro Gamer

Icon11 Re: Maintenance Tonight Plus New Content Incoming!

Man i can't wait the money tree sounds cool
    IGN: Europe, like the continent. Yes, my character is a continent, it's very snazzy.

Currently guildless

kadenwolfbane is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    Kaden had said that it is 1,000 coins a day for you and 25% bonus for friends... or something like that. Don't exactly remember.
    Of course, he also said that he could be wrong since he can't listen to the talk again.
    Might as well clarify on what I'm certain they said and what I am uncertain about.

Some things I remember for sure:
    During the Ustream, Pex was speaking to another guy about Free Realms. Who it was I am unsure. It was a guy, and I know it was not Shingo, Chris, or Floyd.

"Jackpot Plants"
    They said for a "fully grown" jackpot plant you should get 1,000 coins on a given day for watering it yourself.
    They said something about 25% of base something or another for a person's plant. How that 25% relates I am uncertain.
    They said 50 coins for watering someone else's plant; however I am uncertain if the 50 coins go to the person watering or the owner of the plant or both.
    They said the plant will not die if you don't water it. It will wilt, but it will grow back when you water it and dispense coins again.

Playgrounds
    They said that part of designing their latest housing items was to use them in world. They plan on creating playgrounds in "high traffic" areas of the game. The first one they were putting in was said to be around Crossroads. There was going to be one in seaside, and at least 2 other places as well.

The Vault
    Someone during the stream asked if the vault would be coming back. It was stated that the vault is not coming back, but they understand that there were a lot of items from the vault that can no longer be obtained and are looking into ways of bringing them back. Either through the coin shop, through SC, or through other means.

SOE Staff person likes Kaden Skycliff's new lot
    In chat at the Ustream, one of SOE people thought I was Kaden Skycliff (I'm not - no relation) and said the liked my new lot. Had to inform her I was a different Kaden. /sigh at having the same name as one of the most well-known players in the game.

I feel weird sometimes for having a similar name - I'd just like to say for the record I had no intention of copying his name - Kaden was one of the options from the name wheel thing when I created my character that I happened to like. I've had this character long before I ever knew Kaden Skycliff, and just recently started being active again.

So yeah, now that I have that aired out - there's a new (old) Kaden in town!

Screenshot of my character's age for proof:
    http://i49.tinypic.com/t0q2qv.jpg

------

My apologies if i sounded sketchy on what I remembered. I was hoping someone else who had watched the stream would back me up and perhaps provide more details, and clarify things I was uncertain about such as the 25% thing.

I also have no idea exactly when any of this is supposed to be put in. We'll find out tomorrow if they put any of it in game with this update.

Nymo was there, but I don't think he was paying attention. >_> Must not have had enough of TCG after the FRI tourny and was trying to increase that win record, right Nymo?? :-p

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

These are the kinds of things that are making me quit Free Realms. Seriously, a SC money tree?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast