Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default It's Official -- Free Realms Kart Racing and Demolition Derby in next week's update!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=213]It's Official -- Free Realms Kart Racing and Demolition Derby in next week's update![/drupal]

I'm sure most of you Insiders have seen the tweets from @freerealms in regards to the upcoming Kart Racing and Demolition Derby updates coming to Free Realms soon. Shown above is a tweet from Laralyn, the Creative Director of Free Realms, testing the Seaside racetrack that's already been added in-game.

A couple of SOE's staff had an interview with IGN.com about the new update: Free Realms Content Update: Speedway Thunder. There's some really great stuff in the article for all of you Free Realms fans.

First and foremost, the "Speedway Thunder" update is scheduled for next week and will add 80 quests for the Kart Racing and Demolition Derby drivers combined. Lore will be included with the update, so we'll see how these job classes work into the developing Free Realms story line. There will be two tracks, one in Seaside and the other in Thunder Falls and we'll all have Garages! You'll also be able to buy two cars and parts to upgrade and customize you car. We assume that the cars will be available only through SC, but the parts will come through quests, in-game money and SC (for premium parts).

In addition to the information about next week's update, some more general questions were asked about player housing in Free Realms. Neither of the developers would give a solid yes or no, but it's something that SOE has been discussing internally.

Finally, they referenced the soccer field which, as announced at SOE Fan Faire, will be coming out later this year!

Stephan Salvatore is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: It's Official -- Free Realms Kart Racing and Demolition Derby in next week's update!

Wow thats great i cant wait
    "Stephan Salvatore" 'Sta f n Sal va' tore' - noun -<Insider> Vampire Pixie Male since 1864, who was born with necromantic abilities. Also gets buried in holes. He is often misunderstood, and portrayed as a blood-sucking beast. (Even though he isn't.) He may randomly bite you, but do not be scared."

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: It's Official -- Free Realms Kart Racing and Demolition Derby in next week's update!

That's what i want to hear. Did they announce how to level?
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

flogy is offline Explorer

AWESOME!!!!!!!! cant wait i hope it comes on sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait.

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by thatwackyned View Post
    That's what i want to hear. Did they announce how to level?
    I think it'll be like other jobs. Through quests and playing the minigames (races)?

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Sweet article Kade! This is going to be awesome

Jaime Rider is offline Master Gamer

Yes Racing Muha ha ha ha Racing bunnies!!!!!!

linkdude910 is offline Amateur Gamer

I wonder if there will be a Members only questline seperate form the original storyline that gives you better car parts, performance, ect.
    Luke Undermetal <Insiders>
    click here to see my profile
    click here to go to my market

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

OMG this is way to cool! way to mush awesome info! so much I think I'm going to-- *faints*