Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Updates -- Trading Card Events!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=951]Free Realms Updates -- Trading Card Events![/drupal]

Earlier today, Free Realms went down briefly for maintenance and updates which left many wondering what secret surprises would be waiting for them when it returned. SOE announced earlier this evening that the Free Realms Card Tournaments were now officially up and running. You may recall the preview of these virtual items FreeRealmsInsider.com featured earlier in the year. (New trading card series released -- card tournaments to come?)

These Tournaments feature a leader board ranking and "Blitz" game play; players are each given fifteen (15) minutes to complete all required moves to the game. One can assume that if this time were to run out, the player with remaining time on their clock would be declared the winner. This certainly keeps the games moving!

Players are required to press the green "ready" button before participating in any tournament matches. Each day you are given three matches which will affect your standing in top duelist rating, while the rest of your participation will go towards tie-breaking instances (whomever has the better rating) so it is equally important to build up your games after the three required. To eliminate any cheating or throwing of games, they have also made a requirement of thirty minutes between matches of each player and the system assigns you a player at random when you are marked ready.

Once you have been matched together with an opponent; you will be required to select a deck within an allotted period of time. After both players have made their decision they will be taken to the duelling window and will play through the match using this "Blitz" game play. The winner will receive points and a win on their record, and this will affect their tie-breaking or top duelling record.

At the end of each event period, prizes are handed out. By winning one match you may currently win a Pixie Party Hat card, while other conditions such as winning two games in the event period will allow you to win prizes such as the Medium Tournament Winnings pictured below.

The top 16 players will be awarded a Card Champion's Rod and the top player will be awarded a Card Champion's Case (each of these virtual rewards are limited to one per account -- so make sure you participate on your favourite character)!

You can access the Card Tournaments from the TCG section, by clicking the menu button at the bottom right hand corner of the TCG window and clicking the trophy (events) button found on the pop out list.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Default Re: Free Realms Updates -- Trading Card Events!

COOL!!!But.....I don't know how to play this "hard"(to me)game,can anyone tell me how to play?Or can you guys show me a demonstration? >_<

bugaboo68 is offline Amateur Gamer

LooooL I sleeping and earn 16. place (Lord Meliton) haha

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

awesome i saw one about to start last night but i didnt have enough time to play. hopefully ill catch one this weekend =)

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Oh my gosh! This was so much fun! I am new to the game but I am learning every time I play. I ended up in 17th place on this tournament. I am going to try again soon. I definitely need some better cards.

I made a list of some great cards I saw.. Bullseye, Ninja Master, Mushroom Giant Boss and Giant Toad. I played some of the people who were in the top ten and they had these cards.

It is a fun game and you don't lose anything to try so it is a lot of fun. Maybe FRI forum members will totally take over the leaderboard!

Green ninja is offline Pro Gamer

lol i suck at tcg but a rod seems cool case means probaly some exclusive cards
    Thanks Zack....
    Connected at last..
    No story is not worth hearing
    Spoiler: show
    Price of freedom
    "I will never Lose"
    Solider 1st class
    im the best you know it!
    "Embrace yuor dreams like I do."-me...
    *Proud to be the 27th member of the Insiders*

moyinator is offline Master Gamer

The case is just equipable.
    exclusive card is te tournament winner's hand.

I need te case then I'll have all the vrs for this event
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Considering I haven't bought a single card, I think I'm pretty decent at this game. Maybe I'll have a chance at getting on the front page, although nobody pays attention to anyone but first place. I can try to explain how to play and a few extras if anyone needs help; I'm no expert, but I think I've got the basics.

I played today. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to play again. I wish I had better cards. How can you get the ninja master card?

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by lkgma View Post
    I played today. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to play again. I wish I had better cards. How can you get the ninja master card?
    You can get those in TCG boosters n the SC market (normal booster)