Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Updates - August 14th Patch Makes Users Wonder

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=374]Free Realms Updates - August 14th Patch Makes Users Wonder[/drupal]

Most MMORPGs experience a flux of updates that both improve and alter the world, both to the player advantage or disadvantage (often depending on where you stand). This afternoon, Free Realms went down for an extensive update bringing in many changes to the game, including new features such as “Duelist on demand”, new kart decor. And the much anticipated international community, in which freerealmsinsider.com helped to usher in with the welcoming party for Shingo!

However, many members on both our Free Realms Insider forums and the official free realms forums have posted about various issues with the updates and changes that are affecting game play and items found within the game! At this point; the patch notes posted this evening have not indicated if these changes are permanent or glitches with the updates that took place this afternoon.

Here are some of the reported issues:

• Players have been reporting that the item Rudolph's speedy kicks have slowed down, leaving players questioning the reason for finishing the difficult postman collections.
    • Guild and friends lists have been altered - it now shows the players alphabetically, by rank, instead of whoever was online at the top.
      • This change has brought frustration to those with larger friend lists and guilds as it requires for them to scroll through a rather extensive list to find who is online.

• The update which was to implement the new international phrases and filters has appeared to alter the filter once again, making it difficult to communicate with free chat by filtering out common words within free realms such as "happened" or "people".
      • Quick chat appears to be unaltered.

• Other glitches include not being able to see what you whispered to others (your side of the conversation)
    • The camera controls being difficult to use and frustrating for players who experience motion sickness.
    • Players are also reporting to be unable to switch to their chef job and warn that changing to it could result in you being locked out from your account.

As mentioned earlier, we are unable to confirm at this point if the changes are permanent or if they are glitches as a result of the large maintenance and patch work done today.

Along with the updates and changes found above - the new free agent program was launched today.

For those that are interested, you can check out the program by clicking here.
    However, various reports by members (including our own EOJcollectors) have stated that the program is limited to those within the United States and under the age of 18. This has been disappointing to the vast age group of members that range from young teens to over the age of 18 and to those living out side of the states; who were hoping to represent free realms and SOE to their friends and participate in the program available.

Many members in Canada and the UK are still curious to why station cash cards and trading cards also have not been released to the country.

All in all, it's been an interesting day of change within Free Realms.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

friendforever is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free realms updates?

Thanks for the info, MissGnomie. I don't think the Speedy Kicks and the friend list changes should have been made. I use the speedy kicks a lot. They helped me a lot in timed quests.

For the Free Agents, I was going to sign up, but then we had to put in our phone number and addresses. My parents probably wouldn't let me put out that info on the internet. So, I didn't sign up. They should make an option to just email you a ten dollar printable coupon or gift certificate, or something, instead of having to mail it to you.
    <Place siggie here>

Stephan Salvatore is offline Master Gamer

i signed up but i cant logg in
    "Stephan Salvatore" 'Sta f n Sal va' tore' - noun -<Insider> Vampire Pixie Male since 1864, who was born with necromantic abilities. Also gets buried in holes. He is often misunderstood, and portrayed as a blood-sucking beast. (Even though he isn't.) He may randomly bite you, but do not be scared."

Christopher Darkcove is offline Master Gamer

how do i apply????
    Huh? I see that you aren't "Undercover". Well grab a mustache and join the fun!

Caitlin Trueheart is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by friendforever View Post
    Thanks for the info, MissGnomie. I don't think the Speedy Kicks and the friend list changes should have been made. I use the speedy kicks a lot. They helped me a lot in timed quests.

For the Free Agents, I was going to sign up, but then we had to put in our phone number and addresses. My parents probably wouldn't let me put out that info on the internet. So, I didn't sign up. They should make an option to just email you a ten dollar printable coupon or gift certificate, or something, instead of having to mail it to you.
    Yea, I was signing up too until they required you to give your address and number. I hope they change it, I really wanna be a Free Agent DX

Joecool114 is offline Banned

Denied I sad

How do you apply i have an account. can someone make a video? or guide?

friendforever is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad343 View Post
    How do you apply i have an account. can someone make a video? or guide?
    Here you go. At the bottom, click Register Today. http://www.freerealms.com/freeAgents.vm

Quote Originally Posted by kingdomhearts123 View Post
    Yea, I was signing up too until they required you to give your address and number. I hope they change it, I really wanna be a Free Agent DX
    I really want to, too. But if they don't change it, then..... Ugh.....
    Last edited by friendforever; 08-14-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    <Place siggie here>

Joecool114 is offline Banned

I wonder what they require in the questions they ask you, maybe I can email them.

That doesn't help me i created an account how do i apply to get it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast