Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
    Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Free Realms Update - New Chat Channels, Collection Categories, Dock, Quests!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=97]Free Realms Update - New Chat Channels, Collection Categories, Dock, Quests![/drupal]

Sony performed an update to Free Realms last night and added some new (and much needed) functionality to the site!

Upon logging in, the first thing I noticed was that my Station Cash balance appears in my dock.. A nice reminder to spend more money!

We've heard from Sony that the game is outperforming their expectations in most areas, but they aren't happy with the lack of social interaction between players in the game. Part of the update included new chat channels, though numbers are still banned in-game.

One of the most useful (and most needed) upgrade is to the collection display. Just in time for our Free Realms Insider Market Days Trade Party (tonight from 6-8 pm Eastern), there are now categories for your collections, so you don't have to flip through 20+ pages of collections to see what 1 item you need to complete a particular collection! The categories are: Exploration, Job Specific, Flora, Toys, Insects, Various Robgoblin Junk, Archaic, Aquatic, Quests, Minigames.

Finally, some new Member Only quests were added:

• See Napoleon in Sanctuary (collectibles and gear)
    • See Arci Joan in Snowhill (collectibles and gear)
    • See Zanni Sugarzing in Durango Zoo
    • See Tania Timberclaw in Durango Zoo
    • See Houston for a new Member Only quest in Farnum's Farm (collectibles and gear)
    • See General Spattonug in Briarwood (@ the Chugawug Camp) (collectibles and gear)

Rowan Guest

Default Re: Free Realms Update - New Chat Channels, Collection Categories, Dock, Quests!

wonderful! Can't wait to see what the collectibles and gear are. Thanks Kade for the update!

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Update - New Chat Channels, Collection Categories, Dock, Quests!

YAY! thats awesome i cant wait to do the quests

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

tjburford is offline Master Gamer

They also added to where one clicks on a name in the chat area a new button for reporting offensive behavior. I hope no one ever has to use it.

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

i dont like part of the new chat because now people can cuss on it no matter what -.-
    Im back! :3

B.Moonsong is offline Amateur Gamer

Thanks much for the update! Part of what I don't like about the chat features is that I have a younger daughter and she is banned from the "typing" portion. I'm glad, because I don't want her subjected to what I gather are some nasty comments from other players. (Thankfully I haven't witnessed that much.) However, the difficult part for her is that if someone is just saying Hello to her, she doesn't know. So it leaves her feeling like she isn't able to really communicate easily. There is no way to know if someone is "typing" to her. So I think there needs to be some sort of differentiation for the typing folks so that they know to use the canned chat feature to talk to someone who can't read what they are typing! If she says Hello to someone and they don't respond, it is probably because they are typing a response - but she just thinks no one will talk to her. It is frustrating for her. I like the protections that are in place for the younger kids, and I applaud that, I just think there needs to be some way to let each player know if the other person can't read what you're typing, or something like that. I'm rambling ... too much caffeine, lol. Just my 2 cents!

Kate Darkcastle is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by tjburford View Post
    They also added to where one clicks on a name in the chat area a new button for reporting offensive behavior. I hope no one ever has to use it.
    I would have used it the other night if it had been available. I did not mind being called a "foxy lady" or the marriage proposal, but it quickly went down hill from there. I was so thankful that I was able to teleport out of there especially when I tried to get away from him, he followed me.

I would guess from the phrases used and how quickly the conversation deteriorated that he was a pre-teen or young teen.

No wonder I'm wary of talking to talk to people...

Where is Durango Zoo?

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

somewhat East of High Road junction (Follow the road until you see balloons)

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。