Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Press Release -- Free T-Shirts, Lifetime Membership, Astronaut Suit, Pet Tee, Station Cash!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=41]Free Realms Press Release -- Free T-Shirts, Lifetime Membership, Astronaut Suit, Pet Tee, Station Cash![/drupal]

Sony has issued a press release, celebrating the 1 Million registered users in Free Realms! We've highlighted the good stuff in purple!

FREE REALMSTM SOARS PAST ONE MILLION REGISTRANTS IN 17 DAYS, AN UNPRECEDENTED ACHIEVEMENT FOR A NEW IP

Sony Online Entertainment Celebrates Accomplishment with Lifetime Subscription for Game's Millionth Registrant and Limited Edition In-Game Item for All Other Players

SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – May 15, 2009 – Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) today announced that more than one million unique users have registered for Free Realms™, the free, family-friendly online video game that launched on April 28. To mark this milestone, SOE is rewarding all current Free Realms players with limited edition, in-game T-shirt featuring special graphics. The one-millionth player will also receive a lifetime membership to the game, a one-of-a-kind in-game astronaut suit, and 10,000 Station Cash™.

“The excitement surrounding Free Realms, and the positive response the game has already received, is overwhelming,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “To achieve this milestone so rapidly speaks to the quality and the fun gameplay experience Free Realms offers to players of all ages.”

Along with the limited edition Free Realms T-shirt for their character to wear, 999,999 players will receive a matching pet T-shirt for their four-legged friends, and 200 Station Cash to use toward the purchase of in-game items.

In Free Realms, players can customize their characters, explore, quest, battle monsters, and play a wide variety of minigames in a safe, online environment, packed with stunning visuals, distinctive environments, and social networking capabilities. Players are free to do or be anything: Fight like a ninja, cook a tasty meal, raise a pet, battle goblins, set out on epic quests or connect with friends through a safe, social networking site. Also available is the Free Realms Trading Card Game: a full-featured trading card game, playable both digitally within the Free Realms online game and offline via physical card decks available wherever you buy trading cards.

The Free Realms game starter cards and Station Cash cards, which can be used to purchase a membership, in-game items and more, are available at such stores as Target, Best Buy and 7-11.

Free Realms
    is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up with content descriptors of Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence. To play Free Realms, visit: http://www.FreeRealms.com.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

ellafrance is offline Explorer

Default Re: Free Realms Press Release -- Free T-Shirts, Lifetime Membership, Astronaut Suit, Pet Tee, Station Cash!

Yay! What a great achievement on the FR team's part.

It's your world!

Neoanne409 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Press Release -- Free T-Shirts, Lifetime Membership, Astronaut Suit, Pet Tee, Station Cash!

Yeah, thats great. But not very fair. All the people who have been here since Beta get less then somebody who just joined and happened to be the 1millionth member? Especially since that member gets 5000$ in station cash? I'm okay with it, but some of you that have been here since Beta I feel sorry for..Plus watch the member turn out to be someone who already quit cuz' they didnt like it.

Plus, when you think about it, the Beta member's accounts got terminated, didnt they? If it wasnt for them, FR wouldn't Have a millionth member. They wouldn't have anything at all. But some random guy/girl gets more then the people who helped them get that person? Its sad.
    Last edited by Neoanne409; 05-15-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hayegirl11 is offline Explorer

WOW!! This is great!! I'll have to go log on!!!!
    Have a GREAT Day!!

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Don't miss out on the 1M member party... Laralyn posted on Twitter... Today at 5PM PST on All servers... in Snowhill under the big tree!

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree with Neoanne409 that it isn't very fair. The chances of the person just signing up and never logging in again are quite high. There are many other worthy people that are serious about FR, but it will just be given to someone random we may or may not ever hear from again.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Think about it this way - I'm excited for the 999,999+ people who are getting gifts.. free realms had ever right to just give one gift away to that 1mil person. Instead they are spreading the joy around to those who join them within the game.

Also, there are MMO statistics that have been released before that suggest up to 1/5 of the mass of player base will be on at one time.
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 05-15-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

July is offline Amateur Gamer

I'm just excited about the free t-shirts for me and my pet, and the 200 SC! I see the millionth user prize as purely a publicity thing, so it doesn't really bother me. I do hope they will do contests in the future to give away special things to players who are definitely devoted to the game, rather than just random.

Now, I want to know where I can get a real-life t-shirt with the Free Realms tree on it - I love that logo!

Khamilyon Silverstar - <Insiders>

Neoanne409 is offline Amateur Gamer

You could always make one yourself. I might do that later, too

True, and I am glad for the gifts, I just hope they make one a contest of some sort, like "Longest hours played" wins items and etc..

Hey, when were you supposed to get the rewards? Were you supposed to be online for them, because I didn't get it... =-/