Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Players Wonder About Pet Trainer Job

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=1942]Free Realms Players Wonder About Pet Trainer Job[/drupal]

Over the past year, Free Realms has made some drastic changes to the world ranging from the Housing & Guild updates to the addition of the new "Job Sampling System". With this Job Sampling System came the overhaul of the Pet Trainer job, which was to be removed and replaced with the Pet Trainer Trophy challenges (Free Realms preview -- Housing, Pet changes, Job changes and More!).

These challenges were to be put in place after many players reported the Pet Trainer quest line was too difficult and time consuming. The Trophy Challenges would simply require players to have their pet preform certain tricks without having to switch to the job at all and earn trophies for each task completed.

At the end of these Trophy challenges, you would receive an exclusive version of one of the new pets originally released (Pony, Pegasus, Dragon and Triceratops) and those who had previously leveled their Pet Trainer job to 20 would automatically be credited with this new pet.

However--in October 2009, shortly after the Trophy system was released. Laralyn posted the following news article (Trophy system notice(0)) regarding the server problems and this new system:

"The trophy system was causing some problems behind the scenes, so it has been temporarily disabled. All the trophies and titles you've earned will be preserved and will be available when we turn the trophy system back on.

We'll get the issues fixed and get trophies turned back on as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience, and enjoy the Halloween celebration!"

Following this announcement came the November & December updates, which brought the Job Sampling System (Free Realms preview -- Housing, Pet changes, Job changes and More!) previously mentioned. Players expected the return of the Trophy system to update the Pet Trainer requirements. This was not the case and the Pet Trainer is now unavailable for any player to level.

Characters which were created before December 2009 are able to change to the Pet Trainer job, but leveling this player job is no longer an option available to anyone. This "Job" (which was to be changed to the trophy system) was to be one of the few that would continue to be available to all players in Free Realms.

Six months after the Trophy system was removed there is still no word to when this feature will be fulfilled and players will be able to enjoy training their pets once again.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Players Wonder About Pet Trainer Job

Sweet Article Ashley! I miss the pet trainer job. It was a fun one to do!

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

I like the article Ashley! I miss it too. At least it can serve as an extra freestyle outfit slot now.

and I wish the trophies could come back too. They looked so fun to earn!
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

Great article Ashley. Like most, I miss that job two. It was a fun one to level for..did feel like work while leveling. Made me kinda sad when I went to level my alt and no longer had the chance to earn pet speed boost.
    I hope at least the trophies come back

Penguin Master is offline Master Gamer

ticle ashley ! this is true wow ! thanks for the notice
    After the Sharp Eyed Jay and The Roaring Lion,Peace Will Come On Dove's Gentle Wing.

Autumnpetal is offline Master Gamer

Thanks for the article!
    I miss pet trainer, and I do hope the trophies come back.

Autumnpetal
    <Insiders> guild one.

angelicaldream is offline Pro Gamer

Yeah, I was asking about it for at over 2 months after they took away the pet trainer job- I leveled it just to get a free exclusive pet on Lilah Diamondclaw!

I think I was right about it being on the bottom of their list of priorities- six months and still no word. They have done 3 full holiday events since then!
    Read the second issue of the Free Realms Newspaper!
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=24163

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Oh, very good article, Ashley... I know a lot of people have been wondering about all this.. Thanks for making it clear.

Leocuta is offline Master Gamer

I am sad about Pet Trainer, i asked Referee Shadow, he said that it is gone forever
    Anyone need anything Boys Only, Combat or anything else except Girls Only PM me

10Fingerz is offline Master Gamer

It stinks. We got no warning, and I only made it to Level 17 Pet Trainer before they nixed it.

Very upsetting.

And worse, I play the card game and cant get the lvl 20 Pet Trainer Duelist on Demand card...

Dorian Silvervale & Baron Von Boomer

Her Majesty's Secret Service