Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Free Realms, The Dares Now in The Guinness Book of World Records!

A new story entry has been added:

Free Realms, The Dares Now in The Guinness Book of World Records!

Yesterday's concert drew thousands of Free Realms players from around the globe as The Dares performed live on the floor of E3 in Los Angeles as it was simultaneously live-streamed in-game to Free Realms!

Though the performance itself lacked originality and uniqueness, watching all of the people gathered in one place before the show was a treat, minus the lagginess! The performance itself seemed canned, with no introduction or welcome -- the only aspect that really made the performance seem real was that the band showed up about 25 minutes late!

The Guinness Book of World Records has recognized the Sony, The Dares and Free Realms for hosting the first concert to take place simultaneously in the real world and a virtual space!

Here's some video from the original live performance on Server 6 (server 1 was too laggy to get good video) at 4:25 pm Pacific yesterday!!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHvZFXsIXak[/ame]

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms, The Dares Now in The Guinness Book of World Records!

wow thats awesome!!! i cant beleive they got in the Guiness book of world records.. that is definately an accomplishment! Congrats to Sony, FR & The Dares!!

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

ellafrance is offline Explorer

That EPIC. Congrats for getting into the record books. What a great achievement on Sony's part.

It's your world!

WolfLord is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon2 Re: Free Realms, The Dares Now in The Guinness Book of World Records!

Too bad concerts have been streaming real time to virtual worlds since 2000!

cadexn is offline Explorer

Woo Free Realms sets a new record! Congratulations !

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

Nice job of getting into Guinness! I missed the original show, but got back in time to catch one of the many encores

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

Whoo hoo go dares that rocks im happy to be apart of it woooooooooooo
    Im back! :3

Bballgrl is offline Explorer

The concert wasnt the best but they got a world record! awesome!

6812 Guest

I've been trying so hard to be there when the band plays but I have no idea when they do, can someone please inform me on their schedules of when they come to play in Snowhill again? I really don't want to miss it.

stylosF1 is offline Amateur Gamer

The dares rock!