Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Combat Update - Difficulty Rating Increased

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=2420]Free Realms Combat Update - Difficulty Rating Increased[/drupal]

Since the Combat update in late 2009--which brought many changes to the system previously put in place in Free Realms--members have been requesting a review and changes to many aspects of the system. Some of these changes brought with the latest update include an increase in the difficulty to the dungeons in higher tiers, a highly requested and looked for modification to the combat system as many members found it much too easy compared to the original system used in Free Realms.

The Combat Changes made are as follows:
    • Difficulty Increase: Encounters with a difficulty rating of 2 or higher have had their difficulty raised. The difficulty changes in tier 2 encounters might not be very noticeable, but it should be more apparent in tier 4 and 5 encounters.

• The Angry Bear!: This encounter has been re-done. The reason for this is new players start in Highroad Junction and this encounter will most likely be the first combat encounter we see, so we wanted it to be cooler. Some of our artists including Floyd helped out with this one check it out if you get a chance.

• Tavern Cellar: The boss fight with Cal got a slight cosmetic update. Nothing major just some new effects.

The Free Realms team has also stated that they will continue to review the suggestions found here on the official SOE forums, and implement changes to the Combat system. However, it has also been stated that the old combat system will not be returning, simply modifications will be made to the new one.

You can read more about the recent combat changes at the SOE forums by clicking HERE.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

XxronxX is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Combat Update - Difficulty Rating Increased

i love the old combact system more tho
    D E L A Y

Etropis is offline Explorer

me to, the older combat system was way better and more challengeing. now there are less attacks and power ups you can use wich i personaly dont like.

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Just a suggestion.......Maybe, if SOE could, They would be able to do more than two attacks, like the five if you got to level 20? Its just a suggestion, but i liked using a boomerang to sneak attack fro a distance, you know? But It's really good that they modified it!

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Oh dear... I hope SOE didn't misunderstand.. I don't think any of us were asking for the dungeons to be more difficult as far as pressing our number 1 keys more.
    I think we all were asking that we would have to use our brains a little more not our fingers.

I fought with a group in Troll Fort yesterday and my fingers started to go numb and then guess what I got on the wheel? A pink potion!!! I think the thing we hate the most about the new combat is getting potion on the wheel after spending all that time turning our fingers numb.

I don't hate the new system and at this point I don't even remember the old system except that we had little quests inside the dungeons to solve and we were more likely to get fun things when we battled.

If they have changed the combat to where now the only difference is that we have to push the number 1 button more then ...PLEASE.... SOE!!!! fix it back!!!!
    Last edited by Zadira Kindleriver; 07-16-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ronismykid is offline Explorer

Don't know how they can improve combat. I really lost interest when they changed it. Click click click...no thinking involved.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

I do hope they changed bosses so that they do attack you instead of running away.

Also, it's nice to hear that they made it harder. If only we could have the old combat system though...I miss it.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

free realm is offline Explorer

did they add some elite items
    15 minutes can cave you 15% on you car insurance
    15 minutes can save you 15% on you mount insurance

Afro Mann is offline Amateur Gamer

True, I like the old one better though

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

This is not what we asked for! Although... If this makes it easier to lvl up... I'll take it!
    IGN: James Bigpeach