Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free realms August 16th --- Hot fix and filter update.

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=378]Free realms August 16th --- Hot fix and filter update.[/drupal]

</p> </p>
    As an update to the story we ran August 14th, it appears some of the changes made to the world of free realms have been corrected. These changes were directly related to the game play issues and not to the issues surrounding some items like Rudolph's speedy kicks. It was also noted that other topics will be addressed over the next week. Which we here at FRI hope will include a review of the changes made to the speedy kicks, pet chests and other features that have been altered for various reasons.

Some highlights of the hotfix include:

• The Whispers have been corrected and will be appearing on the players screens.
    • The Camera self correct has been removed.
    • Int'l player crash/download errors have reportedly been fixed.
    • Players unable to log into a character with a chef/skillet loaded are able to log in again.
    • Friend lists now sort online friends to the top and offline below.

"Whats up with the filters? I don't understand!"

Most importantly, we hope that the filters will soon be sorted out. Words such as "Until" "Understand" and others appear to be blocked due to Spanish numbers and other language phrases. This is continuing to bring much frustration to players who communicate using the English free chat.

Free realms community manager Pex has requested that anyone who finds a word filtered by mistake (for example: "During") should send a private message to him through the official free realms forums; with a little bit of team work they hope to update the filters.

Once a word is confirmed to be caught by the "word rules" put in by free realms, it will be added to a "white list" which allows the word to go through without being filtered. It is also noted that this will be an ongoing project and will take some work on both sides to make the game much more enjoyable!

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Stephan Salvatore is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free realms August 16th --- Hot fix and filter update.

Thanks for the info.............
    "Stephan Salvatore" 'Sta f n Sal va' tore' - noun -<Insider> Vampire Pixie Male since 1864, who was born with necromantic abilities. Also gets buried in holes. He is often misunderstood, and portrayed as a blood-sucking beast. (Even though he isn't.) He may randomly bite you, but do not be scared."

runeslayer3 is offline Newbie Explorer

ugh i hate the filter its so dumb

soad667 is offline Explorer

I'm glad they replied so quick by fixing some of these things. Especially the Whisper issue was really annoying. I didn't notice the update/hotfix and it was a pleasant surprise when i whispered and saw my words on screen.

Btw, i had problems with crashing after the update too, but it was solved by re-installing the software. Too bad i thought to do it a day after the event.

patrick98 is offline Newbie Explorer

[now i can whisper yay

Daddio is offline Pro Gamer

I cant understand why they cant go into the game and have a converstaion with each other and try to find these words that are used everyday?
    http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/43/18/48011843/photos/Logos/daddiosig1.jpg

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

I think it would be easier to have about 1,000,000 constant customer people go through all the chat, it's hard to find a word like "eggplant" (was blocked at some point before) in a conversation between 6 - 10 Devs, lol but more likely in a group of people in a guild chatting it up or a group of people in sanctuary.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Shapatti is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    I think it would be easier to have about 1,000,000 constant customer people go through all the chat, it's hard to find a word like "eggplant" (was blocked at some point before) in a conversation between 6 - 10 Devs, lol but more likely in a group of people in a guild chatting it up or a group of people in sanctuary.
    Especially with the random people in our guild =D.

friendforever is offline Master Gamer

Thanks so much for the info, MissGnomie!!
    <Place siggie here>

moyinator is offline Master Gamer

i know spanish and i dont know why they censored everything that starts with un? un in spanish means "a" as in ex. A glass of milk.
    Shut up and eat your pie.
    All lead you to epicness.