Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Default EXCITING!!! FreeRealms December Update Preview, Pt. 2

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=1031]EXCITING!!! FreeRealms December Update Preview, Pt. 2[/drupal]

Laralyn McWilliams, Creative Director FreeRealms posted this exciting preview of the up coming update.

The Free Realms development team is finishing up the final touches on an update with a metric ton of new content, improvements and features for Free Realms, so I wanted to take a few minutes to chat about the things I think are most exciting, both for new players and for our loyal fans. You’ve been waiting patiently for this update, and it’s almost time! Here are a few new facts and figures to whet your appetite.
    HOLIDAYS
    Snow Days is coming to Free Realms! Come play in the snow and tag your little sister (or big brother) with a snowball! Celebrate the Holidays by wearing a Snow Globe Hat, and ring in the new year with special 2010 glasses. There are more than 30 other holiday items that will also be available! And, get into the spirit- adorn your house with all new holiday decorations!
    A decorated Snowhill and special holiday outfit were featured the very first time we ever showed a live build of Free Realms, and we’ve been looking forward to the winter holidays ever since!
    Also, if you liked the Witch, Rag Doll, Mummy and Frankenstein costumes from Halloween, you’ll LOVE the costumes we created for the winter holidays!
    PLAYER HOUSING
    Everyone gets a free apartment, and Members get a free apartment AND a free house! You can buy lots of fun house items, including a dance floor and a head shrinking cauldron! You can build all sorts of fun shapes and structures with building blocks, like a stairway. Walk up those stairs you built and put chickens on your roof!
    PETS
    Soon you can have a white dragon, a pink spotted unicorn, and a black pony for pets. Dinasaurs are available too…we thought the original T-Rex looked a little too… friendly, so he’s toughened up!
    And, YES, it’s true… even dinosaurs and unicorns ****…although we added a bit of Free Realms flair to those animations… J
    COMBAT
    The new combat system has over-the-top attacks and super attacks!
    All the weapons in the game will auto-magically be replaced with even better, cooler versions that include different special attacks and abilities for each weapon. All of the battles in Free Realms were revised for the new combat system, to be full of monsters, frantic and fun!
    ITEMS
    After December update goes live, the most powerful items in the game can only be earned by playing minigames! And, when you start a minigame, you’ll be able to see up-front what you can win playing it!
    The new Coin Shop has tons of things to buy, including clothes, weapons, and even items for your house! Many items you purchase for Station Cash or coins let you customize the color at the time of purchase!
    GENERAL
    Starting with the combat jobs, every job has its own special run and jump… including the way you jump on the new launch pads!
    We’ve also done a lot of work on the game UI (user interface), which we’re showing for the first time in this blog! The new UI includes MORE OPTIONS to customize the game the way you want to play!
    In the new fishing minigame, you can catch a Baconfish, or the even more elusive Plattypus!
    The December update isn’t just new content—it fixes many bugs too!
    These features just scratch the surface of all of the great content, fixes, items, and features in the big December update. Keep watching the news… the update is just around the corner!
    Laralyn McWilliams
    Creative Director
    FreeRealms
    http://freerealms.wordpress.com/2009...-preview-pt-2/

wilbymilstone is offline Explorer

Default Re: EXCITING!!! FreeRealms December Update Preview, Pt. 2

I just finished looking at all the pics for the December Update Preview and I just realized that the difficulty levels go up to five now. That is going to be amazing.

I can't wait for the bug fixes and everything else coming. More and more I am reconsidering renewing my membership. I wait with guarded hope.

chutney is offline Amateur Gamer

Yes I'm waiting for these updates too as I've found it all a bit boring for the past few weeks and log on just to get the daily spin. Fingers crossed these updates re-invigerate the game for me.
    Holly Redspring ~ Playing every day ~ usually on Server 1 but sometimes 2 or 10 !! Look for me or call me if you want to group for dungeon.

Wizard Level 20/Archer Level 20/Brawler Level 20/Pet Trainer Level 20/Postman Level 20/Ninja Level 20/Chef Level 20/Miner Level 20

Green ninja is offline Pro Gamer

SO COOL! cant wait imma buty stuff for my house and omg 2851!!! DAMGE FIRE ATTACK OMG!!!!! get new super leveled up and thats it oh yea throw a snow ball
    Thanks Zack....
    Connected at last..
    No story is not worth hearing
    Spoiler: show
    Price of freedom
    "I will never Lose"
    Solider 1st class
    im the best you know it!
    "Embrace yuor dreams like I do."-me...
    *Proud to be the 27th member of the Insiders*

Zangetsu99 is offline Master Gamer

yeah i was so surprised at how big that attack was i wanna know how to do it!!!!
    Level 20 I dont remember. O_o
    "I'm not fighting because I want to win, I'm fighting because I have to win."

tismon is offline Master Gamer

Granted though that the ninja had over 7000hp and only 100sp.

I just really hope that the pet treasure issue, the DDD quest issue (yeah right), the filter annoyance are all taken care of, and that they make a resolution for netbooks (1024x600 please). I can manually change the config file to that resolution, but then everything is cramped and some buttons get pushed off the screen. It would just be nice and not to mention restore my faith in SOE

thezoom is offline Master Gamer

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XboxLive Gamertag: beastin billy

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by tismon View Post
    I just really hope that the DDD quest issue (yeah right) taken care of
    They tampered with the DDD quests once already; if they are like other companies I've played for, they will not tamper with it again unless a serious glitch occurs.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Austin Diamondarena is offline Newbie Explorer

Sweet! this is gonna be awesome!! Can't wait!

Forsaken Boy is offline Amateur Gamer

All this will be fun its like the same game but whole new features so is like somethig new that will give me new will to keep playing yeay

My dragon name will be draco and my home will the like chuky cheses
    then the mini games gonna rock much harder lvl 5 of dificulty

* waiting for the update* lol

If the enemy thinks of the mountains, attack like the sea; and if he thinks of the sea, attack like the mountains.
    Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)