Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Default August 18th Update - Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks, Guild List, International Meatballs

A new story entry has been added:

August 18th Update - Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks, Guild List, International Meatballs

FreeRealms experienced a very short (less than an hour) maintenance this morning, during which many of the remaining major complaints from the infamous August 14th update.

First and foremost, Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks now give the original speed boost. The nerf of this beloved item was at the top of most players' list of complaints.

The guild lists have been reverted to their original behavior of listing the online members at the top, sorted by rank.

While both of these are welcome changes, one of the major issues that I've had with these patches is the lack of information on what has been added (or taken away) to/from the game. Unfortunately, SOE still hasn't gotten that right, as the release notes on their official forums say : "We are doing a small maintenance to fix a crash issue in the game client. We hope to keep downtime limited to under an hour." Clearly, more was done, and for the better this time.. So why not provide us with the details?

Finally, we come to an update about the Meatballs and rainstorms. International visitors are excluded from the participating in the promotion, due to legal reasons.

Pex has told users on Sony's forums that he will bring up the suggestion of allowing the shirts and meatball recipes to be traded, so that international players can get the items from their friends. We'll just have to wait and see.

We've tried various methods to "convert" an international account to a US account but haven't had any luck at this point. We have discovered that the designation as international account is based on the account details and not on geo-location of the player's IP (as evidenced by an international staff member playing on a US-based account for testing).

Thanks to Matt Sufer2009 from our Free Realms Insider forums for acting in my video as a meatball bouncing around Sanctuary!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYS2oosNhw[/ame]

TheVoidRose is offline Explorer

Default Re: August 18th Update - Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks, Guild List, International Meatballs

Matt Surfer2009! I know that dude! Well I am glad they fixed alot of stuff, mostly the people who were locked out. Now they can play the game hopefully(if its not broken still). The kicks should of been second on list of complaints, but I guess that's just me. Speedy Kicks are better working at max speed. The release notes need to be mroe detailed!

Default Re: August 18th Update - Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks, Guild List, International Meatballs

Quote Originally Posted by TheVoidRose View Post
    Matt Surfer2009! I know that dude! Well I am glad they fixed alot of stuff, mostly the people who were locked out. Now they can play the game hopefully(if its not broken still). The kicks should of been second on list of complaints, but I guess that's just me. Speedy Kicks are better working at max speed. The release notes need to be mroe detailed!
    Yeah, the thing is.. Those who were locked out (mostly international players) are now upset because they're again excluded... this time from the meatballs promo...

I agree on the release notes, and that's my main concern with SOE's management of the game thus far. I wrote a long essay on the SOE forums detailing the concern, I hope they listen.

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

Great video Kade and Matt i cant wait to be one! LOL

maraposa2 is offline Explorer

cool video dudes

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

were the meatballs and t shirts a temporary thing? I hope not I still can't launch the game. And they dont seem to be in any hurry to get things fixed for me.

TheVoidRose is offline Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Springlight View Post
    were the meatballs and t shirts a temporary thing? I hope not I still can't launch the game. And they dont seem to be in any hurry to get things fixed for me.
    I would expect it to last from about a week to a month. Maybe a bit longer. The Movie "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" comes out a month from now, so I would expect it to be running for a while. Enough time for people to make plenty of 'Spaghetti and Meatballs' to last them a good long while.

Stephan Salvatore is offline Master Gamer

i think until the movie is out of theaters or in theaters
    "Stephan Salvatore" 'Sta f n Sal va' tore' - noun -<Insider> Vampire Pixie Male since 1864, who was born with necromantic abilities. Also gets buried in holes. He is often misunderstood, and portrayed as a blood-sucking beast. (Even though he isn't.) He may randomly bite you, but do not be scared."

Trinity is offline Explorer

Well they have lost at least 2 members over the new US-only content. I'm having to avoid the official boards as I'm so close to saying how I really feel about this situation and if I do I will get banned.

I did send a PM to Pex asking for the end date so I'd know when its safe for me to enter the forums again but haven't heard back from him yet.
    ~Pixel Junkies Guild~
    Non-American ex-member

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Well they have lost at least 2 members over the new US-only content. I'm having to avoid the official boards as I'm so close to saying how I really feel about this situation and if I do I will get banned.

I did send a PM to Pex asking for the end date so I'd know when its safe for me to enter the forums again but haven't heard back from him yet.
    That's what we're here for Trinity... I hope that FRI can help you speak your mind freely without being concerned about being banned from FR. And I'm sorry that they've restricted this based on geographic location...

I suppose I can understand from a legal standpoint, but you'd think that they'd have thought of these concerns when designing the event -- then they could have designed an event within the legal constraints.

It really goes against the Free Realms mantra of "It's Your World" which they've been promoting from the start. If you're from the US, "It's your world".. If you're not "It's your world, as dictated by Sony, which is not as good as the world we give to the US players"....