Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zie
    Zie is offline Explorer

Default Suggestion for Tournament Brackets!!

Hello,

Just wondering whether or not another type of elimination will be considered for bracket creations?? I am not able to host one myself (although, I'm not entirely certain why not...).

Still, my idea for the first Tournament I will host is to be a Double Elimination, 16-person Tournament.

Let's see how much chatter we get on this subjec. If it is a popular idea, perhaps it can become a reality.

Zie Lehawt

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Suggestion for Tournament Brackets!!

I'm a slow person... What exactly do you mean by "Double Elimination"?
    And I believe the types of tournaments possible are there because of the limitations in the actual game.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

There is a last-man-standing version, it seems having it Single elimination has been making the most sense for TCG tourneys and the sorts though...

and I'm not experienced with this double elimination either Q_Q

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Zie
    Zie is offline Explorer

Well it works like this... there are two brackets. First bracket has everyone (a 16-person bracket). Second bracket is empty (8 person bracket).

All of the defeated from first round in first bracket go into the first round spots of second bracket. Second round losers from first bracket play winners from first round in second bracket....and so on, and so forth...

You guys have never seen this before??

Zie Lehawt

I understand what you are saying but in what I've seen in the tourneys is that it's hard enough to get the people that sign up to all participate and stick around I think doubling the brackets is only asking for more headache. But if everyone were around to do it it would be fun!

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

Both double elimination and round robin bracketing systems are in the VBulletin upgrade notes so we will just have to hope that these tournament systems will be available in the next VBulletin upgrade

i just wana ask wun question.... how do i enter in a tournement because i really want to be in a tournement!!!!!!
    See Ya In The Realms server 8 ..

Cool Penguin eh....

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Emeraldeye View Post
    i just wana ask wun question.... how do i enter in a tournement because i really want to be in a tournement!!!!!!
    Just under the initial post of the tournament, or just above where the list of participating players is, should be a button that says "Join Tournament". Note that this won't appear if all spots are filled.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Emeraldeye View Post
    You can also ask on the thread (If there are still spots open) to have the match leader put you into the game since there is an option for it.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Zie
    Zie is offline Explorer

Great info, Cyn!

Hopefully those updates will go through and we will see some new bracket formats created!

I also understand what is said about people not sticking around to keep up with the tournament(s) for which they have registered. As such, life happens and it would be hardly condoning to place a game higher than other obligations. It is still frustrating for the rest of us, I'm sure, but I can be understanding.

Anyway, a 16-person bracket is far better than a 32-person bracket, and the best part is that usually all 16 players are good to work something out and try to play. If they play in first bracket, chances are they would play in the elimination bracket as soon as it was setup (aka all people from first bracket first round had completed their respective matches).

Zie Lehawt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast