Celestial97 is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon1 Short Story Contest (:

End: June 30th

Prizes:
    1st- 15k and White Sunglasses
    2nd- 10k and Black Small Stitched Pants
    3rd- 5k and Purple Striped T-Shirt

Rules:
    1-Plagiarism will not be tolerated if you are or I think you are I will report you.
    2-One short story only.
    3-I will be the judge.
    5-Must have at least 500 words.
    6-It must be appropriate with no fowl language.
    7-Have fun.

Other info:
    -You may choose the setting and plot.
    -You may choose characters.
    -Must be based around Greek and Roman gods.
    Last edited by Celestial97; 05-19-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Check out the new FRI role play!!! (:
    The
    Daughters and
    Sons of Olympus

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Short Story Contest (:

Hello I am entering the first chapter of a story I am working on, I call it "Aphrodite: Becoming the goddess of love"
    Spoiler: show
    Hera was the first goddess that I met, other than my mother, when I was 5 years old. She was the wife of my father, Zeus, and the emotionless look on her face let me know that she was not fond of me. yet. Her curly brown hair bounced as she walked towards me, she smiled for a fraction of a second and bent down next to my ear. "You know," she said. "You may be my half daughter but you are not my family. Zeus is just a fool to be with many women, including your mother, Dione." She walked away and stepped into my fathers arms, who was standing not less then 20 feet away from me.

Now that I was 20 years old, I was ready to be a well know goddess: Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, and show Hera that I was just as important as her.

20. I was only 20. That is a very young age for us immortals, with a few exceptions of mortals such as Hercules. Great gods like Uranus and Gaea were at least a couple thousand years old! But I wouldn't let my age stop me. I walked out onto a common street in Olympus named "Holy", and down a path that led to a lake. This wasn't any ordinary lake. This was a mirrior lake, used as a portal to commicate between people. I was here to summon Tethys. Tethys was the mother of all rivers and seas.

I saw my blue eyes in the reflection of the water and whispered, "Oh great Tethys, I call upon you to summon yourself in the sake of importance." I should probably mention that I, Aphrodite, lied much to get the attention of higher gods and goddesses. It wasn't that I did want to, I was just too young for importance in their eyes. yet. I watched as the crystal clear water started swirling into a purple mist and a beautiful immortal arised from it, the immortal was Tethys. Her calm blue eyes looked like mine, young, but she was at least a thousand years old.

Her eyes grew wide and she sucked in a breath as she saw me, "Ah, young one. I thought it was a young one but I could not place the youthfilled voice. You must be Aphrodite, am I correct?" I bowed, not knowing what else to do, plus I was trying to seem like I was respectful, to gain another's respect. "Yes, it is me Aphrodite, goddess of love." She covered her mouth, trying to cover up her small laugh, "You, a goddess? Hardly an immortal. You are very young, and you have no right to call yourself a goddess! I, Tethys, am a goddess! I am the goddess of all Rivers and seas, don't you see? I have been alive for 2079 years! You? Only 20! You are nothing but a child in need of her mother." Tethys laughed more, not covering them up this time, while I was in total shock.

She hovered above the water and came closer to me until her small feet touched the ground, her loose dress floating around her. "I am sorry, young one. What is of great importance that I took the time to come and talk to thy?" I frowned, "You see, I am in need of becoming well known but it seems you will not help me, for you have judged before hearing me out. I do not need you anymore." She sighed, "Aphrodite, do you know anything about me? I am a lonely woman, I have been for centuries since the great god Zeus destroyed my reputation just because I have mortal children. I know that you are the daugher of Zeus so why would I help that part of our family prosper? I am older than your father, I have been alive for a long time, and I am still not "well known". What would you expect me to do, to even help you?"
    I stared at Tethys while she looked at the water now, her long gray hair tied into a bun on her head, "Aphrodite, I must be leaving now. I wish to never see you again, I only came because I never met you before but now I have and I can say I will regret it for the rest of my time." This got me terribly angry, "You old woman! I have more class than you! I am shocked you speak that way, you have Oceanus to support you and yet you act like Zeus is the only one you will ever want! You will never have to see me again, but maybe you aren't happy because you feel no love and I am the goddess of love. Everybody would feel love if I could get somebody to help me out but I can't because I am too young. Olympus is going to be a place dependent on something that isn't even there."

Tethys was floating above the water again, but she turned her head slightly enough to look at me, "Ah, Aphrodite! I am so happy you have finally stood up for yourself. I was getting worried for a moment. That is the way to think in this world, it is not a simply one. I will not help you, you will earn no respect from a lady of my status but I recommend Hebe." and with that, Tethys left without another word, leaving me completely speechless. Who was this Hebe? Were they powerful? I would have to summon another portal to find out.
    Last edited by jaaaaaaaaack; 06-10-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo
    Miss Morose and Dark Jade like this.

rocketeer is offline Master Gamer

Amazing<3 waitin' more(:

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Dark Jade is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    Hello I am entering the first chapter of a story I am working on, I call it "Aphrodite: Becoming the goddess of love"
    Hera was the first goddess that I met, other than my mother, when I was 5 years old. She was the wife of my father, Zeus, and the emotionless look on her face let me know that she was not fond of me. yet. Her curly brown hair bounced as she walked towards me, she smiled for a fraction of a second and bent down next to my ear. "You know," she said. "You may be my half daughter but you are not my family. Zeus is just a fool to be with many women, including your mother, Dione." She walked away and stepped into my fathers arms, who was standing not less then 20 feet away from me.

Now that I was 20 years old, I was ready to be a well know goddess: Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, and show Hera that I was just as important as her.

20. I was only 20. That is a very young age for us immortals, with a few exceptions of mortals such as Hercules. Great gods like Uranus and Gaea were at least a couple thousand years old! But I wouldn't let my age stop me. I walked out onto a common street in Olympus named "Holy", and down a path that led to a lake. This wasn't any ordinary lake. This was a mirrior lake, used as a portal to commicate between people. I was here to summon Tethys. Tethys was the mother of all rivers and seas.

I saw my blue eyes in the reflection of the water and whispered, "Oh great Tethys, I call upon you to summon yourself in the sake of importance." I should probably mention that I, Aphrodite, lied much to get the attention of higher gods and goddesses. It wasn't that I did want to, I was just too young for importance in their eyes. yet. I watched as the crystal clear water started swirling into a purple mist and a beautiful immortal arised from it, the immortal was Tethys. Her calm blue eyes looked like mine, young, but she was at least a thousand years old.

Her eyes grew wide and she sucked in a breath as she saw me, "Ah, young one. I thought it was a young one but I could not place the youthfilled voice. You must be Aphrodite, am I correct?" I bowed, not knowing what else to do, plus I was trying to seem like I was respectful, to gain another's respect. "Yes, it is me Aphrodite, goddess of love." She covered her mouth, trying to cover up her small laugh, "You, a goddess? Hardly an immortal. You are very young, and you have no right to call yourself a goddess! I, Tethys, am a goddess! I am the goddess of all Rivers and seas, don't you see? I have been alive for 2079 years! You? Only 20! You are nothing but a child in need of her mother." Tethys laughed more, not covering them up this time, while I was in total shock.

She hovered above the water and came closer to me until her small feet touched the ground, her loose dress floating around her. "I am sorry, young one. What is of great importance that I took the time to come and talk to thy?" I frowned, "You see, I am in need of becoming well known but it seems you will not help me, for you have jugded before hearing me out. I do not need you anymore." She sighed, "Aphrodite, do you know anything about me? I am a lonely woman, I have been for centuries since the great god Zeus destroyed my reputation just because I have mortal children. I know that you are the daugher of Zeus so why would I help that part of our family prosper? I am older than your father, I have been along for a long time, and I am still not "well known". What would you expect me to do, to even help you?"
    I stared at Tethys while she looked at the water now, her long gray hair tied into a bun on her head, "Aphrodite, I must be leaving now. I wish to never see you again, I only came because I never met you before but now I have and I can say I will regret it for the rest of my time." This got me terribly angry, "You old woman! I have more class than you! I am shocked you speak that way, you have Oceanus to support you and yet you act like Zeus is the only one you will ever want! You will never have to see me again, but maybe you aren't happy because you feel no love and I am the goddess of love. Everybody would feel love if I could get somebody to help me out but I can't because I am too young. Olympus is going to be a place dependent on something that isn't even there."

Tethys was floating above the water again, but she turned her head slightly enough to look at me, "Ah, Aphrodite! I am so happy you have finally stood up for yourself. I was getting worried for a moment. That is the way to think in this world, it is not a simply one. I will not help you, you will earn no respect from a lady of my status but I recommend Hebe." and with that, Tethys left without another word, leaving me completely speechless. Who was this Hebe? Were they powerful? I would have to summon another portal to find out.
    Love it, Jack <3!

"Keep me close, keep me close.
    Keep my head above
    water.
    I need to hear your voice
    ."

Aw. Thank you ! (:

Bummppss. I think somebody else should join this contest besides me o_o..

Celestial97 is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    Bummppss. I think somebody else should join this contest besides me o_o..
    lol yea that would be nice (:

Check out the new FRI role play!!! (:
    The
    Daughters and
    Sons of Olympus

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial97 View Post
    lol yea that would be nice (:
    What if nobody does? lol
    ---

Come on guys... Just throw something together O:!

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

I would enter since I am a good writer myself but.... I will think on it since I don't like Greek or Roman gods. xD

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Neon Mango is offline Master Gamer

LOL Now here is something I can do! Hold on, while I brain storm!

IGN: Pöoh Bear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast