Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10Fingerz is offline Master Gamer

Default GOTCHA! - THE GAME

The Game

Gotcha! - The Game is a recreation of the wildly popular Assassin game played on college campuses around the world.

Players try to eliminate each other using mock weapons until only one player remains.

"The Game"

GOTCHA! - The Game is not played on someones lot, at a particular time, or on a particular server. The entire Realm is the playing field!

You will need to be smart, crafty, and wise to win it. every time you log in, you will be looking over your shoulder wondering if someone is hunting you.

Just sign up to play, add the other players (you can remove them from your friends list as soon as they are eliminated from the game), and then try to silly string the other players, its really that simple.

"The Rules"

You must sign-up to play

Play continues for two weeks or until there is only one player left

In order to eliminate the other players, you must find them in game, target and hit them with Silly String, and yell "GOTCHA!".

Once you have been eliminated you are out of the game.

After "tagging" another player, you post on the current month's Game Thread who you "tagged".

You will be awarded 1 point for each player you eliminate from the game.

You will be awarded 2 points if you are still ACTIVE at the end of the game.

The player with the most number of points wins!!!!

"The Fine Print"

1. You must sign-up before the posted deadline. Once the game begins, sign-ups will be closed.

2. Once the game begins, You must accept friend requests from the other players, failure to do so will cause disqualification

3. You can only eliminate players as the character that is signed up for the game (in other words you cannot log in with an alt and "tag" someone).

4. You should post a reply to the current game thread immediately after the "tag", only the first player to post the "tag" gets the awarded point

5. You can only play with one character . Playing with multiple characters is cause for elimination from the game, public ridicule, and a flogging with a wet banana!

6. In order to receive the 2 points for being still alive at the end of the game you must have tagged at least one person.

7. Please, No fighting, arguing, or whining.

8. The most important rules is, HAVE FUN!!!

"Frequently Asked Questions"

Can you just port to someone?

Yes. But in order to tag them you must target and HIT them with silly string.

if we friend our competition, what would the point be to hiding? They could find us on the mini-map?

Yes, but the game isnt played at a particular lot, time, or server. Everytime you log in you could be a target. If they appear on your mini-map, you either run, port away, or try to get them before they get you.

Can you remove the other players from your friends list after they have been tagged?

Yes.

Can you remove the other players from your friends list after you have been tagged?

Yes.

What if your target has special characters in their name? Most people, like myself, can't do those fancy characters.

Highlight their name in the players list and then click Ctrl+C (To copy) and then, in-game, on your friends list (where you can add friends), click inside the box, and do Ctrl+V (for paste), it should populate their name and you can click the "add" button to add them.

Can you target someone that is on a ride?

Yes. If you hit either the player or their ride with silly string, you get credit for "tagging" that player.

Is ok to hide in your locked house?

Yes. Players can also hide in dungeons, build walls around themselves, or anything else you can think of to avoid other players. But keep in mind, you must tag other players in order to win!

What happens if we hit each other with silly string at the same time?

The Honorable Judge Dorian will weigh the evidence in a GOTCHA court of law and will make a ruling posted in the game thread. These rulings are final.

GOTCHA! - The Game is brought to you by

Pixidust Productions
    in association with Silvervale Studios

Check out this month's game!

On FreeRealmsInsider.com: http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...-player-52932/

Last edited by 10Fingerz; 07-11-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Dorian Silvervale & Baron Von Boomer

Her Majesty's Secret Service

kylar10 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: GOTCHA! - THE GAME

I don't know, but if we friend our competition, what would the point be to hiding? They could find us on the mini-map.
    CALL TO ACTION: SUNSTONE VALLEY.
    FR IGN:Austin Rubyspear. Faithful Brony.
    Minecraft ID:K45D2. Virtous Paragon.

Small Lady is offline Explorer

i dont get it.....

Kyler, I understand your point. But, it would really be impossible to find someone in game on a particular server at a particular time if you don't add them. But trust me, it doesn't take away from the game, it actually adds to it...

Lady, This is not simply a game of tag.

I guess what you guys dont understand, is this is not played on someones lot, at a particular time, or on a particular server. The entire Realm is the playing field!

And the game will go on for several weeks.

You will need to be smart, crafty, and wise to win it. every time you log in, you will be looking over your shoulder wondering if someone is hunting you.

Just sign up to play, add the other players (you can remove them from your friends list as soon as they are eliminated from the game), and then try to silly string the other players, its really that simple.

Right, Eric? (Eric won the May Game)
    Last edited by 10Fingerz; 05-29-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Sound fun! I think I will play this round, sign me up!

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

THANKS ANNIE!!!!!!

I've added you to the list, but the actual sign-ups are here:

http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...91/#post865162 (GOTCHA! - The Game Sign-ups (Post here if you want to play))

This thread is a place to list the rules, discuss the game, and for players to get answers to questions.

But, no worries, you are now a target :-)

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Can't wait till it starts Loving these games!
    My adventure ends here.

Yea, I'll be out-of-town next week otherwise I would have started it earlier.

See you guys when I get back!

kylar10 is offline Master Gamer

Thanks for clearing that up. I originally thought it would be in a particular region.
    CALL TO ACTION: SUNSTONE VALLEY.
    FR IGN:Austin Rubyspear. Faithful Brony.
    Minecraft ID:K45D2. Virtous Paragon.

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

This is going to be super exciting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast