Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DarkStar is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Dont you guys think that..

Have you guys ever tried a tcg tournament and is always being knocked out by someone with over 10 medals for being first place, I think free realms should not allow people who have one the tournament to keep entering they should allow other players who haven't won that event a fair chance against other players of their skill. I'm not saying to exclude anyone with over 10 medals but im saying if you happen to come in first place for that tournament you shouldn't keep going to get first place it should not allow you to enter the same tournament again with the same items is all im saying so it gives other players a chance at people of their level.

lev42 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Dont you guys think that..

Yeah. There should be like, different levels of tournaments. And you move up whenever you win.
    Thanks to the people who made my 4 years on Free Realms special. Hope yall are doin good. See yall down the road.

DarkStar is offline Amateur Gamer

Exactly we're not exluding anyone we're just same people like ragman and reino kaiser should be moved up with people more at their levels and equal medals so that others dont have to suffer being beaten by a 10 medal first placer or higher.

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Yes, the tournament system is a little dodgy.

It should be that we all start off with a rank Z tourney. Every time we come within 16th place, we move up to rank Y, so on, so on. Until rank A. And then when everyone's at rank A...It resets?
    There should be a limit of 32 people in a tourney. Then half stay half go.

Sounds a little better, though a tourney system like that would require a little effort...
    hello

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

As Duncan McCloud in the TV series "The Highlander" said, "There can only be One," lol. I have been "knocked out" several times by many players (newbs and experts) in the tournaments. The tournament is open to everyone regardless of skill (patience/persistence and luck). It is a scramble for the "badge." I think that is fair. "May the best man (or woman) win," lol. The winners do deserve the badges. Most of the winners love TCG, and they have the passion to collect badges, lol. One thing I could say is, "Strong work! Great job! Knock yourselves out getting those badges!" It is perfectly fine with me; no qualms there, lol.

Rewards in the TCG tournaments include promo cards; VRs; card champion's items (case, hand, rod, sack, and shades); tournament winnings (coins, no longer available) and card duelist shirt. A player can only have 3 of each promo card per account. Promo cards "usually" rotate every month. A player can only have one VR, one of each of the card champion's items and one duelist shirt per account; no matter how many times the player won the badges. In a given tournament, you can receive some promo cards (currently, Pixie Troublemaker and Rock Toss - both exclusive TCG cards only available in the "extinct" physical packs; I advise you better grab these babies while they last, lol ) just by winning one game in a tournament. To get 3 copies of each 'Pixie' and 'Rock', you have to win one game in 3 tournaments. Currently, there is a promo card, Chaz Strongarm, if you place in top 8 in the tournament. Again, you can have 3 copies of 'Chaz' if you place in the top 8 in 3 tournaments. The question is, can we have the rewards fairly distributed to people who have not received them? Most people like the rewards, but not much playing the game, lol. There are lots of great, awesome TCG players out there. Most of them are TCG veterans with DoDs, exclusive TCG cards, and "effective" promo cards they have collected after years of tournament playing, lol.

In the previous tournaments, you can have the card champion's items (except the champion's case) if you place top 16 in a tournament, while you only get the champion's case if you're 1st place. Again, you can only have one of each VR item per account. I was just wondering if $OE could program their super-computer to hand the rewards to players who haven't received rewards (or haven't maxed 3 copies of each promo card) per account. The badge is always rewarded to the 1st place. The super-computer will skip people who have maxed their rewards/promo cards.

To make myself clear, here is a hypothetical scenario:

Rewards:
    Card Champion's case: 1st place (only one person can win this)
    Magic Unleashed (MU): win one game
    Shadow Ambush (SA): win one game
    Return to Sender (RTS): top 8 players
    Card shark trilby VR: top 16 players

After 3 hours of tournament playing, the Leaderboard showed:

1 Player 1: had 27 badges; got all the card champion's items and case, as well as, this month's VR and the 3 promo cards (3 copies each) from previous tournaments; already had trilby from previous tournament

2 Player 2: no badge, received this month's 3 promo cards ( but only 2 copies each) from previous tournaments, but missing 1 copy of RTS, SA and MU; no trilby from previous tournament

3 Player 3: had 2 badges; previously got the champion's sack from a previous tournament, but not the case; previously received this months' 3 promo cards ( 3 copies each); had trilby from previous tournament

4 Player 4: no badge, received this month's 2 promo cards (3 copies each of SA and MU) from previous tournaments; no RTS and no trilby from previous tournaments

5 Player 5: 10 badges, received this month's 3 promo cards (3 copies each) from previous tournaments; had trilby from previous tournament

6 Player 6: 5 badges, received this month's 3 promo cards ( (3 copies each) from previous tournaments; had trilby from booster pack, but not from a previous tournament

What $OE super-computer will do:

Player 1 will automatically get a badge, now showing a total of 28 badges (27 + 1, lol), no rewards since he maxed these out per his account

Player 2, no badge, but he will get the card champion case; he will also receive one copy of MU, SA, and RTS; will receive a trilby

Player 3, no rewards, maxed all rewards per account. Even though he had 2 badges,
    it wouldn't change the fact that Player 2 pwned him in this tournament

Player 4 will get RTS and a trilby

Player 5, no rewards

Player 6 will still get a trilby (his 1st trilby was from a booster pack). Remember, rewards/promo cards from a tournament are locked, not tradeable.

and so on.

The rewards will trickle down the list of people in the leaderboard who have not maxed the rewards per account. In this example, RTS will go to the "first" 8 people who have not had 3 copies of RTS from the tournament. This way, the less skilled players will have a chance to get their promo cards; not the "top" 8, but the "first" 8 players who have not maxed their promo cards per account. Winning one game could be easy; but placing the "top" 8 or "top" 16 to get a reward/promo card, could be tough for others, lol.

The trilby will go to the "first" 16 people who have not received the trilby from the tournament. For instance, based on the leaderboard, let us say only the "top" 20 players already got the trilby from the previous tournaments; 21st player and down the list (22nd, 23rd, 24th, ...) have not received a trilby from a tournament; the "first" 16 players who will receive the trilby will be the 21st player up to the 36th player in the leaderboard.

"Top" vs. "First." Lol.

Sorry for the confusion! Lol.

Edit:

@DarkStar: I understand your frustration. My above-mentioned post only addressed how to "fairly" distribute the rewards, if $OE will consider the plan, lol. Obviously, experienced players will likely win the tournament and get a badge. They got the skill; promo cards previously obtained from previous tournaments; some good DoD cards (no longer available) from the Marketplace or trade; exclusive TCG cards from physical packs. Currently, the TCG tournament is not a level playing field. However, it will not be fair if the experienced players get excluded from the tournament. $OE should level the playing field by rotating the monthly promo cards (like Shadow Ambush and Magic Unleashed, lol), as well as making the DoD and exclusive cards available in the Marketplace. Skill will come in time. Only then, TCG tournament will be fair game.

@lev42: I agree with having different levels of TCG tournament. I am wondering how $OE will accomplish this.

@Riveni: I agree with you, being a Karate practitioner; you compete with an opponent with the same belt. I think that is fair. I am wondering how $OE will incorporate a tourney system in TCG.
    Last edited by Brett Firemumbles; 03-06-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: addendum; avoid double posting
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

The TCG tournament is not fair. It is not a level playing field. It is nice that a lot of seasoned players are willing to help a player earn his first badge. However, it is up to the discretion/judgment of the seasoned player to either let the newb get the badge alone or tie with the newb in 1st place; or not help at all. It is hard to imagine a seasoned player who has maxed his rewards/promo cards per account, with no tournament coin winnings as a prize, to stay for 3 straight hours in a tournament, and let a newb get his 1st badge - nonetheless, this is very admirable. However, there is a lot of "what if's." What if the seasoned player has PMS (Psychotic Mood Shift, lol), then this will be a dog-eat-dog tournament, lol. What if the seasoned player I met at Tangle 2 days ago, remembered me and got offended when I didn't want to sell my sports shades to him, lol. What if... and so on. So, getting a 'hall pass" from the seasoned players is subjective.

Some peeps propose a tiered tourney system to separate the Xtremely skilled players and newbs in the same tourney. I think it will be difficult for $OE to have a tiered tourney system. How will $OE classify the players into different tiers? By number of badges? By wins/loss stats? I don't imagine $OE giving different badges for different tiers. I was wondering, why not classify the players into 2 tiers: a tourney for players with badge(s) and a tourney for no-badge newb players. Whoever wins 1st place in either tourney gets the badge. Acquiring the rewards/promo cards will be fair.

Another option is why not separate the badge from the rewards in the tournament. Most less-skilled players don't care about the "badge;" they care more about the TCG rewards. I think some players feel "sour grapes" with the TCG tournament because the 1st Place "badge" is associated with a Card Champion's Item; and the Top 8 or Top 16 positions, associated with a promo card and VR. With the proposed Reward Allocation Program described in my previous post, getting the badge is separate from getting the rewards. I think everybody will be happy with this proposed TCG reward system. The seasoned players can continue collecting their badges (as 1st Place) to their hearts' delight without feeling sorry for the newbs; the number of badges will show in their stats - that is the proof, lol. On the other hand, the less skilled people will have an easy chance to get the TCG rewards (case, VRs, and promo cards). For instance, if the promo card reward for the Top 8 positions is "Extend Claws." With the proposed reward system, even though the less skilled player is not in the Top 8, but if he is in the "First" 8 players who have not maxed this promo card (i.e., 3 copies) per account; he will get one (it might even be his first "Extend Claws") even though the leaderboard shows he is in the 15th position. This way, he is also completing his untradeable promo card collection. Remember, this proposed system will try to level the field, making the Top 8 promo card easily available for the less-skilled players, lol. This proposed reward system might not apply to tournaments sponsored by MM (The Azureshields) and FRI (Where is Rose?).

Regardless, if $OE decided not to change the way they distribute the rewards in the tournament, the less-skilled players are in trouble, lol. With the top 8 and top 16 players receiving promo cards/VRs, it is very unlikely for a newbie to reach the top 8 or top 16, using a starter deck. However, miracles/luck do happen; he could win, but very unlikely. Compared to getting a badge in the tournament, a newb will likely have a better chance getting a felt beret from spinning the farm wheel, lol.

Unless...

A. He modifies his deck by:
    1. levelling up his Card Duelist job by doing non-SC regular quests, earning some free promo cards
    2. buying the Shattered Past and Baron von Darkcheat quest packs, doing the quest lines and getting promo cards
    3. trading cards to get some major cards, usually rare/uncommon, to help with his deck, either by buying booster packs, posted/interactive TCG lobby trades, FRI Free Market, etc.
    4. (optional) getting DoD cards (via trade; currently sale discontinued by $OE)
    5. (optional) getting TCG Exclusive cards (via trade; physical packs no longer available)
    6. playing monthly tournaments and getting the 3 promo cards (3 copies each). Thanks to $OE, for including 3 exclusive cards in this month's tournament as promo cards, as well as putting Chaz Strongarm, reserved to the top 8 players, since I heard he is the least useful of all the exclusive TCG Cards, lol.

I hope $OE changes their Tournament Reward Allocation. Instead of using top 8 or top 16 players receiving the rewards, they should give the rewards to the first 8 or first 16 players who have not maxed the rewards/promo cards per account, skipping players with maxed rewards per account. In this case, in every tournament, there will always be 1 player receiving the card champion case (for example, if the top 3 players already have the case from previous tournaments, the 4th player (with no case) in the leaderboard will receive the case); always 8 players receiving the promo card; always 16 players getting the VR. The badge will still go to the 1st Place/Top 1 - this is still unchanged.

7. borrowing cards from friends/guild members/relatives (at the loaners' risk, lol; not recommended)

B. He plays in the first 2 tournaments of the day where they are less crowded. Most of the experts have school or work during the day. I have observed most of the TCG gurus play at night, lol. He can play in the morning by:
    1. calling in sick to school or work, a la "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
    2. relocating to another continent with a different time zone, like Europe, hopefully before the "community segregation" occurs.

C. Practice, practice, practice - playing TCG a lot, eventually improving his skill over time. Tweak his deck by playing with the NPCs in the regular Card Duelist quest line, including Jammie, Maple, Shifty, Garrison, etc.

D. Getting advice from the TCG seasoned players. Duh, they got the experience and skill. They are very willing to help and give their expertise on how to tweak decks. After playing several tournaments, you can see the names of seasoned players who frequent the leaderboard in the Top 10, as well as check the number of badges in their stats. I saw a name whom I have done trades in the FRI Market. I sent him a PM in this site, asking if he has any suggestions to improve my deck; he promptly PMed me. I tweaked my deck based on his recommendations. I decided to patiently play in the tournament for 3 hours (which I usually don't, lol), and got my first badge, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

E. Luck
    1. Opponents with bad draws
    2. Opponents getting disconnected from the server; hopefully, they will never log back in, lol
    3. Getting matched with "real" newbs; not some TCG experts playing on their Alts, lol
    4. Opponents forfeiting because their boss or parents, are telling them to stop playing the computer, because it is meal/dinner time, chores, homework first before play time, etc.
    5. Not getting matched with somebody playing the Wizard Chase Deck, lol

In fact, I have seen many newbs (playing their main character, total number of games and win/loss stats) get their first badges sooner.

I think, other than skill and luck, what matters most are the cards, cards, cards in your deck!!! Dang Wizard Chase Deck! Lol.

BTW, I only have one lonely badge, which I got on a Christmas Day morning. I "got the sack," lol. Man, I wished I got the case, lol. Well, I still have 22 days to get a badge/case from one of the tournaments this month (knowing $OE, the same rewards might still be there for the next 3 months, lol).

Anyway, let the card games begin! Lol.

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

I agree the TCG tournament is a bit unfair. But I think that's the challenge of it. Battling against all types of level. From the beginners, to the advanced. Looking at how people duel and what not, improving skills and decks. Dueling in the regular arena is good practice, readying for the tournament. And some players who have already won want to try to win them all. To see how they advance in their own dueling skills. People learn from their mistakes.

You have a good idea though. Separating the TCG levels. But how would they do that? What would be the cutting line. If you have already won all the champion cardie clothes Ex (Suitcase, Backpack, Glasses, Wand, Shirt) You may get bumped into a level that is not suit for you and may be stuck on that level for a while. Different tournament levels may be a bit confusing. But that's just my own opinion.
    Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

lev42 is offline Amateur Gamer

I think you should go to a new level every 1 or 2 tournaments you win.
    Thanks to the people who made my 4 years on Free Realms special. Hope yall are doin good. See yall down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinktree2010 View Post
    I agree the TCG tournament is a bit unfair. But I think that's the challenge of it. Battling against all types of level...

You have a good idea though. Separating the TCG levels. But how would they do that? What would be the cutting line. If you have already won all the champion cardie clothes Ex (Suitcase, Backpack, Glasses, Wand, Shirt) You may get bumped into a level that is not suit for you and may be stuck on that level for a while...
    Yep, the TCG tournament is "a bit unfair," and way too long (3 hours) to stay in game, lol. Yep, it is challenging to put newbs (starter decks) and Xtremely skilled players (decks with untradeable promo cards won from previous tournaments; DoDs; exclusive TCG cards) in the same tournament, lol. It is like matching a white belt martial artist student against a black belt teacher, lol. If this is the case, the tournament is analogous to a game where the less skilled players have to fight lots of "Bosses" before luckily getting the badge, lol. Well, Life is a challenge too, lol.

I said it would be "difficult for $OE to have a tiered tourney system," especially grouping the players into more than 2 levels. Instead, I suggested a simple 2-level tourney system: a tourney for players with 1 or more badges, and a tourney for players with no badges. Edit: It is less perfect, "a bit fair" than the current system, where newbs would have a fair shot getting TCG rewards/promo cards in less time, lol.

$OE super-computer will check whether you have a badge or not. Don't let the rewards confuse you, lol.

Schematically:
    Novice Tournament: players with no badge
    Pro Tournament: players with a badge or more

Whoever gets 1st place in either tournament will get the badge. If a newb gets a badge in the Novice Tournament, then he can only compete in the Pro Tournament.

What I would like to happen is having a different TCG Reward Allocation Program, lol.
    $OE, please make this happen, lol.
    Last edited by Brett Firemumbles; 03-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

A leveling system would mess with your Card Duelist job as it is in the same area and job type - TCG so SOE would see it messing up and may even the removal of the Card Duelist job..... so not a bright move on anyone's side. Also I know TONS of people who hate the " High Rollers " of the Trading Card Game. A few of these big players include: Ragman, the Azureshield's, etc. Don't think you cant beat them? They have loses to so don't think they can't be beat One of Ragman's loses are due to me! XD I beat him once so don't feel weak.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast