Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Title: Creative Writing Contest

JasmineJovda is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Creative Writing Contest

I suggest you all should finish this and post it on here: Wattpad - Discover a World of Unlimited Stories - Read free books and stories
    Eren, the reason you couldn't save your mother is that you were weak. The reason why I didnt fight the titan was that I was afraid. ~Hannes[/CENTER]

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Here's my entry. I don't have a title for it so I'll have to think of that later.

Spoiler: show

Savannah hated the smell of death and hoped the undead would stop whispering to her soon. She especially hated when one whispered in her ear, leaving a chill through her body, causing her to scream. No matter how many times it happened, she would never get over it. It would’ve helped her if she stopped coming to these graveyards but she had a job to do: Stop evil spirits from taking over innocent souls. She had a duty of dealing with ghost, making her happy that she didn’t have to do anything with Supernaturals like Vampires. Ghost lingered in graveyards at night, and escaped when someone left the gates open or they broke the locks.

Her leather boots were dirty with the most recent ghost she sent back to the underworld and she shivered at the thought of it: A tall, slim figure with blue, glowing eyes, and sharp talons. When Savannah had gotten to the graveyard, the ghost was already trying to escape the graveyard, hissing as the holy locks of the gate burned it. Her favorite holy sword, Theano, sliced through the ghost with ease but shocked her when it hadn’t affected the figure completely. It had just split into two ghost. “Of course I would be dealing with twins..”, she thought.

It took her a while but she finally got rid of the ghosts and searched the graveyard for other signs of awoken spirits. She was hoping to find at least one friendly ghost. They were usually the ancient ones, seeing that the world isn’t how it was in their time; they didn’t care for it anymore. But instead, she was being whispered to by beggers. Savannah heard the undead whisper pleads for help and promises of a good life for when she died if she compiled. Of course she would never give in to those type of ghost; It was forbidden to do anything to help a ghost, friendly or not. “I will not reply to these whispers. The dead can be fools if they think I will ever help them.” Savannah said to herself.

She continued to stay in the graveyard throughout the night, yelping when she swore she felt something touch her or heard the wind rustling through tree branches. Only when the sun begun to shine and cast away the dark shadows did the ghosts stop whispering to her. There hadn’t been another visible ghost trying to escape this graveyard and Savannah was glad but she realized she had spoken too soon. As she was walking toward the gates to unlock them, she saw a small figure hiding behind a gravestone. She walked towards it and saw a lavender ghost with purple eyes stare at her, “Oh.. you found me!” The ghost proceeded to stand up and was as tall as Savannah’s waist. It grinned at her, and Savannah said aloud, “A ghost physically talking after sun rise? You must be ancient.” She hadn’t meant to insult the ghost and it hadn’t seem to take offense. Ancient ghost usually were a couple thousand years old; They could physically talk, withstand holy things longer, and stay in the sun all day unless weakened.

The ghost giggles sounded with an echo, “Of course I am, Silly! Do you want to play with me...?” The ghost grinned again, and eyed the gate behind Savannah. Savannah couldn’t help but feel suspicious nor could she play with this ghost child. She had to send it back to where it had came from, “Tell me, Ghost. What is your name?”
    “My name is Addison. What about you?” Addison put her hands behind her back and suddenly, a tiny, bunny toy was in her hands. “Sorry Addison, but I have to send you back to your home. Don’t you miss it?”

“No.. I do not miss my home! I’m an only child and my parents were abusive when we were alive. I slaughtered my family, and it was fun. Too bad my uncle had sense to protect himself..” Addison grinned again and twirled, throwing the toy at Savannah, making her drop to her hands and knees, and dropping Theano on a nearby grave bed. Savannah made a gasping noise where the toy hit her stomach, it was surprisingly painful. “What was that!” she exclaimed.

“Do you not want to play? I thought we could been great friends.” Addison dropped to her knees, gasping, “That is alright.. I’m too tired right now.” She laughed wickedly while she faded away, her toy doing the same. Savannah looked down at her stomach and noticed her shirt was ripped and bloody. “Oh my goodness, my first ghost attack. My superiors will be disappointed in me,” She said as her voice broke. She started to feel faint and decided to signal headquarters; they would find her and take her home. Savannah pressed a red button on the front of her metal belt and lost consciousness.
    Last edited by jaaaaaaaaack; 05-26-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    chase123456tan likes this.

Element is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineJovda View Post
    I suggest you all should finish this and post it on here: Wattpad - Discover a World of Unlimited Stories - Read free books and stories
    I love this site! I have an account on there, but I'm afraid I can't say it on FRI.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

RIGHT UP THERE!

That was da awesomest storeh.
    Evah.

I love that short story,Jaaaaaaaaack
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123456tan View Post
    RIGHT UP THERE!

That was da awesomest storeh.
    Evah.

I love that short story,Jaaaaaaaaack

Thanks
    I might write more to it c:
    chase123456tan likes this.

olga beegully is offline Master Gamer

I forgot a title oh well
    Geology lover

Black Rose

Neon Mango is offline Master Gamer

Is there a length limit because lately I've only been seeing short and sweet stories. *bites lip*
    I'm kind of afraid to post my work here. Does it not count if I PM the owner of this thread? My story is fairly long and pretty terrible all at the same time... gah I sound so pessimistic...

IGN: Pöoh Bear

ArtimisM is offline Explorer

The contest is drawing to an end, any late entries should be entered over the next few days. I am in the process of judging some of the longer entries. Note: length does not equal points, it's content that counts, just in case a few of you were worried about that. First place will be 20 grand, 2nd place 10 grand, 3rd place 5 grand. The contest is basically closed in the sense that all entries should be in by now. I will give any late entries until midnight tonight, anything past then will not be accepted. Thank you for participating and sorry I have not looked back on here in a while, I have been busy writing my own book. Thank you again for participating and understanding. I will open a new thread later this week once I have figured out who the winners will be. There will also be instructions to add me in game for the people who win. -Artimis
    Last edited by ArtimisM; 06-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.

ArtimisM is offline Explorer

It can be as long as you wish but please keep it at a reasonable length, as it's a short story and not a novel. Do not make it too short (a few of the other entries I wish were longer with more detail) but again being too long isn't a good thing either. There is, however, no set in stone limit as to how short or long your entry can be. It's entirely up to the author. If you don't want your work so .. public .. you can message me the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Mango View Post
    Is there a length limit because lately I've only been seeing short and sweet stories. *bites lip*
    I'm kind of afraid to post my work here. Does it not count if I PM the owner of this thread? My story is fairly long and pretty terrible all at the same time... gah I sound so pessimistic...

Go for it
    th_113_.gif
    Neon Mango likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast