Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Pandamonaeus is offline Master Gamer

Default Baby Girl/Boy Names

I'm looking for very unique names for both girls and boys (this is how I do things the lazy way Px). The criteria for judging is uniqueness as well as practicability.

Ok a little background that might guide the name-brainstorming:
    1. We are both Caucasian of a mix of European descent, including English, Italian, German, Finnish, and mildly Scottish (lol).
    2. I'm agnostic/he is atheist so religion-related names would not be best for us P:
    3. We're looking for mostly unique and unusual names that one would not see often (we have a few in mind, but looking for more ideas!)
    4. While I love names of Asian/African descent, I always found it a little strange when a Caucasian couple has a child with an Asian name o.O But who knows, a couple of the ones you guys have listed sound really nice so far.

First Place: 30k
    Runner Up: 15k

You must post both a name for a girl and a name for a boy and the meanings of those names (one meaning is enough). I will pick the person that provided the best (imo) girl AND boy name, and a second person who was close to award the prizes. You are limited to one name per gender. While I'm searching for interesting and unique names, please, no names that are like twenty letters long and impossible to pronounce - that defeats the practicability aspect of the judging criteria.

Before anyone asks or states this, no one will be named based on the answers on this forum lol. Simply searching for a list.

Contest ends next Thursday night @ 9pm PST.

Winners
    Spoiler: show
    First Place: Jillian Rosehill: I really love Greek names as does my fiance (our dog is named Zeus), and I actually haven't looked up any of the names of the muses so this was something new. A name that I heard yesterday was Athena..... So considering these! Liam isn't a bad sounding name either and not all that common around the States.

Runner Up: Grim Soulreaper: Self explanatory lol, I've never met anyone named Arrow and it would be a simple yet unique name.

If I had more coins, I'd pick like 10 winners :[ I really loved a lot of the names you guys listed and it took me about forty min to choose winners! Thanks for all of your input!

These are the names that we're considering (mix of our own and ones from here):

Girl: Thalia, Ophelia, Athena, Arrow, Aida, Aluria, Hadley, Aislin, Echo, Blythe, and Xanthe (it just sounds interesting, I doubt we'd have a blonde-haired child).

Boy: Mason, Colter, Finn, Echo, Evander, Rhodes, Aiden, and Maddox (slightly hesitant due to Angelina Jolie but I like the name!).

Last edited by Pandamonaeus; 04-15-2011 at 05:44 PM.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Baby Girl/Boy Names

Arrow ... Works as both boy or girl
    Playing DCUO now

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Soulreaper View Post
    Arrow ... Works as both boy or girl

Hmmm..... I actually really like that o.O Never heard anyone called it, and didn't know it could be used as a name.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫
    *PLEASE send me a message if you are selling me things, as I never remember to check back.*

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Sent you a pm on how I thought of it... funny story really XD
    Playing DCUO now

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Soulreaper View Post
    Sent you a pm on how I thought of it... funny story really XD
    Ha, but a neat one nonetheless :] Thanks for sharing that with me!

Moar names, gogo.

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Boy: Carter

Meaning: "one who transports goods" (lol, not what I was expecting, but the name just sounds pretty)

Girl: AnnMarie

Meaning: "He (God) has favored me".

well. . . i doubt there's a meaning for this name since it so unique. my mother told me that the this name is 2 names together but i only remeber 1, which is Ursula

girl: Umarie

boy: Rio (means river)
    Last edited by jasminelavalake1; 04-09-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    peek-A-boo , jasmine c u merry christmas

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

I probably won't win, but I'll enter anyways x3

Boy Name: Felix - Lucky, sucessful
    Girl Name: Rosalie - Rose

I'm not too fond of crazy spellings and stuff, so I figured some more uncommon but still nice names would work. LOL! They can both be considered French names, if you're wondering. (:
    Allons-y.

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Girl Name-Reveka, meaning Captivating (<---Love this name, it almost sounds like Rebeka)

Boy Name-Brett (unknown meaning)
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Wolfheart View Post
    I probably won't win, but I'll enter anyways x3

Boy Name: Felix - Lucky, sucessful
    Girl Name: Rosalie - Rose

I'm not too fond of crazy spellings and stuff, so I figured some more uncommon but still nice names would work. LOL! They can both be considered French names, if you're wondering. (:
    Those are nice names P: but I have odd connotations for them (Felix the Cat, and Rosalie Cullen) xD I really love the name Rosalie though, but after Twilight.......................... idk -.-

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast