Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: I'm now good at art? 0.o

EpicJewelspotter is offline Master Gamer

Icon4 I'm now good at art? 0.o

I've always stunk at drawing and whatever I did draw ironicly resembled crud. I decided that I'd draw my character character for fun, but I wouldn't enter my drawing because it would look terrible. I WAS RIGHT!!! I tried drawing a full-body picture of Kate Jewelspotter, but it stank and was tossed in the pile of all my other crud drawings. Then I decided to draw just a headshot of my character. Two hours and three cokes later, I decided that I had just drawn probably the best picture I'd ever draw. How can I not post it?!

Idrewkate.jpg

It's definitely NOT the best drawing ever, but for me to draw this.....is awesome.
    I posted this in the "Some Random Contest" thread. A lot of people thoguht my entry was good. I told everyone that I am NO artist...WHATSOEVER! I also said that this was the best picture I'd ever drawn and NOTHING like this would EVER come out of my hands again. Well.....I kinda lied...

I was in the drawing mood again, and I decided to draw Kate Jewelspotter...again. 40 minutes later, this was the final result:

Disscaryigood.jpg

Not nearly as good as the first...but for me, it's still awesome.

But this is getting scary...I've always stunk, and now I'm getting GOOD?! Something is wrong here...something very, VERY, wrong.

xD Oh, and by the by, I never thought I'd live to see the day that I would make a thread under this category. Well...I was wrong...AGAIN!
    Last edited by EpicJewelspotter; 06-21-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: OMG GRAMMATICAL ERRORS ARE BAD!!!!!!
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Not all who wander are lost...~J.R.R Tolkien
    I play Lord of the Rings Online now. Name: Mirferil Server: Arkenstone

Default Re: I'm now good at art? 0.o

This is what practice does to you! It helps you get better! They look very nice!

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJewelspotter View Post
    Something is wrong here...something very, VERY, wrong.

LOL! xD

I've never been too great at art myself..My grandmother is an artist, so she's taught me some stuff, but recently I've just loved drawing, and idk why xD

Nice pictures! I love the hair especially, they look creepily similar to the long hair style xD

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Yup, practically practice does make you better
    Everybody has their own style of drawing, for instance, one of my friends is a good drawer and I get jealous sometimes >.< but I was told that I shouldn't get upset or argue because everybody has their own style!
    But really, I don't think your drawings are bad at all
    Last edited by jaaaaaaaaack; 06-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Congratulations on getting better!

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Thanks guys. It's just creepy that I'm now good....and all of a sudden to...o.0

@Savannah: But the odd thing is, I gave up on art a while ago. I tried drawing other things from time to time, but I gave up on that too. And now I go and draw this one day and it turns out great...0.o
    I find that for me, practice doesn't always make me perfect. Doing nothing for a long time and then coming back is what helps me sometimes...

@Claire: OMG MEH GRANDMA IS AN ARTIST TOO!!! She's really great at painting...she's too old to to do much now.

Yes, the hair does look like the long hair style because my character has that kind of hair. And I'm drawing my character... Hint, hint.

@jaaaaaaaack: (Forgive me if I didn't put the right number of A's in your name.)
    Thanks, but they aren't the best in the world, we must agree to that. And everyone does have their own style. I know a lot of people are good at computer art, and I stink more at computer art than just drawing on paper. Yup, it's just pencil and paper for me. (:

*EDIT:*
    @Celestina Thanks! (: But it's still really creepy. 0.o
    Last edited by EpicJewelspotter; 06-21-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: forgot a person. DX
    Tommy0327 likes this.

Not all who wander are lost...~J.R.R Tolkien
    I play Lord of the Rings Online now. Name: Mirferil Server: Arkenstone

Ru∫y is offline Master Gamer

You're such a great artist! (i wish i had talent. T_T)

xD
    Karter likes this.

IGN: Toxic Ammie

Im stil no artist.... I thought we accomplished this already. 0.o
    Tommy0327 likes this.

kusabana1 is offline Pro Gamer

That's okay. I am not the best at drawing people. But! Try drawing different things too! I found my place. ^^ I am sure you can find your too! Good job!

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

I've never tried computer art before though I am hoping to one day, I used to think it wasn't a fair advantage using the computer over hand drawn skills but I am now thinking it is hard to do computer art as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast