Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree28Likes

Title: First Painting :o

Zombie Cakes is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: First Painting :o

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeer View Post

Also to answer Cayline's post about the smear tool, working with it produces very different results as opposed to real digital painting as you can see here and here.
    You can usually tell the difference between a smudge-painted work and a digitally painted work by looking at the more detailed areas such as hair, fur, or clothing, smudge painted artwork would have much less detail and look more "smeary" and blurry than a digital painting because of how the Smudge tool works; it transfers and manipulates existing pixels to an adjacent area of the canvas, unlike the Brush tool which paints new pixels onto the canvas which creates far more detail.

sorry, run-on sentence xD But I hope you understand how I painted this now lol
    I want to say it depends on how people really use the smudge. I use to smudge all of my colored drawings years ago when I first started such as this one. Users who choose to not really reduce the size and opacity of the smudge will get those "paintings" that have lack of detail as well as if they don't decide to go in later on and really define certain areas with a brush. They'll get that deformed look to them that makes them seem "warped". Sharpening filter is also a god in this retrospect. That can help one who wishes to use the smudge tool in a form of "painting" bring out the, well, sharpness of the image.

And showing off, naaawwwteeeee, lol.

I have far greater things to be accomplishing than catering to your insubordination
    || arт worĸ || тυмвlr|| ѕтeaм || devιanтArt||

rocketeer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Cakes View Post
    I want to say it depends on how people really use the smudge. I use to smudge all of my colored drawings years ago when I first started such as this one. Users who choose to not really reduce the size and opacity of the smudge will get those "paintings" that have lack of detail as well as if they don't decide to go in later on and really define certain areas with a brush. They'll get that deformed look to them that makes them seem "warped". Sharpening filter is also a god in this retrospect. That can help one who wishes to use the smudge tool in a form of "painting" bring out the, well, sharpness of the image.

And showing off, naaawwwteeeee, lol.

Naaaaaaaaawwwteeee.

Seriously though those are really good points. Smudge paintings do tend to have a more "liquid" feel to them so that's usually how I tell the difference, though some paintings do look very realistic so it's difficult lol. But yeah

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

So, when you guys say naaaawwwteee, I think of this:

Naughty Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog - YouTube
    rocketeer likes this.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Zombie Cakes is offline Master Gamer

Haha, exactly lol. Freaky Fred is where I got that from. He is amazing <3

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeer View Post
    Seriously though those are really good points. Smudge paintings do tend to have a more "liquid" feel to them so that's usually how I tell the difference, though some paintings do look very realistic so it's difficult lol. But yeah
    Oh yes, sometimes it is easy to tell a smudge job or liquify filter job. But that can be the case with other things too, even drawings. Someone I know trace over photos of people and doesn't even really change the anatomy to go along with her characters. But actual paintings can look the same way, liquified and such. It all depends on the artist's tastes. I, personally, like trying to keep my stuff sketchy where you can see the strokes from where I colored as well as adding textures. Aww yeah. Textures are my favorite lol.

I have far greater things to be accomplishing than catering to your insubordination
    || arт worĸ || тυмвlr|| ѕтeaм || devιanтArt||

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345