Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Title: A few questions about the wacom bamboo tablets...

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Icon5 A few questions about the wacom bamboo tablets...

Ello, so im thinking about getting a tablet...for those of you who own one or have tried one could you help me out and answer a couple of these questions?

♥ Is it worth the money? (pretty pricey...)
    ♥Is it helpful and creative?
    ♥Does anything break easy?
    ♥What size is good? (Small, Medium, or Large)

AND my MAIN question i have been wondering for a while now...
    which type of tablet is better for me? I sketch (or want to learn how to sketch better...) and draw alot but i want to draw on the computer since ive never really do. By what kind of tablet i dont mean the company. i mean like these:

•Wacom Bamboo Connect Tablet
    •Wacom Bamboo Capture Tablet
    •Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet

Im kinda leaning towards the create or connect...But heres the descriptions...

Wacom Bamboo Tablet Create Description:
    Bamboo Create gives you plenty of space to express yourself (twice the workspace of other Bamboo tablets), enabling broad brush strokes or arm movements, as you naturally draw, paint, doodle and sketch. Includes full versions of Autodesk® SketchBook® Express, Adobe® Photoshop® Elements, and Corel Painter Essentials, right in the box.

Wacom Bamboo Connect Description:
    Finally, the right tools for your visual communication needs. Sketch out ideas, mark up or annotate documents, and take handwritten notes. Includes a full version of Autodesk SketchBook Express in the box

They both sound cool but which one is right for me??? :/ HELP!

If you still have no idea and your stumped like i am heres a link, Click the Learn More link at the end of the description if you would like to see a video of them using the tablet.
    Bamboo Tablets | Wacom Americas
    Last edited by Dawn73; 03-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Narwhales. Bai.

Default Re: A few questions about the wacom bamboo tablets...

I don't have a Wacom Bamboo tablet, but I did get a cheaper tablet for Christmas. It's wonderful! It's definitely worth the money, especially since I think that Wacom tablets come with Photoshop as well.

It's pretty much like drawing on paper, but not quite. Mine hasn't broken yet. As for size... I don't know. Mine is pretty big and it's a big hard to keep my hand steady so my lines don't always come out straight. I think maybe a smaller tablet would have been better. I'm pretty sure the size of the tablet doesn't affect the size of the picture.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Zombie Cakes is offline Master Gamer

I have one of the older Bamboos. It'll be six years old this coming Christmas and I have not had one issue with it yet. I've dropped it, carry it to school, work and back with it and it gets a pretty good beating from me using it so much.

Is it worth the money?
    If you're really looking into getting a Wacom branded tablet then yes, it is defiantly worth the money.

Is it helpful and creative?
    Any tablet is really helpful, especially if you do graphic design and such. Creativity all depends on you :]

Does anything break easy?
    As said, I have had my Wacom for 5 or so years now and it still works. the plug is kind of shorting out but it's an easy replacement. Once and awhile, too, it's a good Idea to replace the pen nibs which are about 5 for $5

What size is good? (Small, Medium, or Large)
    My Wacom is definatly small but to me, size isn't much of a big issue. Every tablet can contour to your screen resolution (as long as the drivers are installed), regardless of the screen size. All depends on the buyer how large you want to go with the tablet.

Which type of tablet is better for me? I sketch (or want to learn how to sketch better...) and draw alot but i want to draw on the computer since ive never really do. By what kind of tablet i dont mean the company. i mean like these:
    If I had to choose for you I would say go with the Bamboo Create. It comes with alot more programs, as well as Photoshop like Savannah said. Photoshop you can also use for editing images. Photoshop Elements is a "watered" down version of the main Photoshop product so it's a bit more user friendly. Coral painter is also another wonderful program if you ever want to try digital painting or what not. If you're really looking to buy one of these, go with the tablet that has the best bundle of programs included.

I have far greater things to be accomplishing than catering to your insubordination
    || arт worĸ || тυмвlr|| ѕтeaм || devιanтArt||

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

♥ Is it worth the money? Depends on how much you are into this type of art, but if you are, then yes.
    ♥Is it helpful and creative? Oh yes. Especially with the best software, it is great fun to draw and create on.
    ♥Does anything break easy? Haven't broken anything yet... but I have only had it for around 3 months, so yeah.
    ♥What size is good? Large takes up a lot of room, so I would have to say medium is my favorite, although go with small if you do not have much desk space.

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

feeble187 is offline Explorer

Hiiii! So I have one and I'd love to help
    Choose tablet that matches your hand size.
    These don't break easy, and as long as you just keep them by your desk or lap, they don't break.
    The price IS worth it
    Bamboo Create is better

hope that helped! Thx!

sweet thanks guys ^-^! helped alot :] im probably going to get one now...as soon as a i get things figured out in school :/. but anyway thnx! I really want one now :[
    Narwhales. Bai.

StephanieStonyray is offline Master Gamer

o: I've been wanting a tablet for a while now.. so this helped me too. (:

Free Realms Player 2009-2014 ~ FR Youtuber since Oct. 2012
    The FR community was always the best one <3

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

I want a tablet to, so like Steph, this thread helped quite a bit. ^_^ I want the creativity one haha.
    hello

StephanieStonyray is offline Master Gamer

O_O I know right!! But it's so much more expensive than the other two.

Free Realms Player 2009-2014 ~ FR Youtuber since Oct. 2012
    The FR community was always the best one <3

oh good well im glad this helped you guys out too! ^-^ actually they also have 2 other tablets i forgot what they were, but they were around 300-400$ pretty crazy but i think this one is better it comes with alot of useful programs, im hoping to get one this month sumtime
    Narwhales. Bai.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast