Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
    Free Realms Announcement is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon11 Free Realms Trading Card Game - Story and Gameplay Preview 11.15.11(0)

A maintenance notice has been posted.

Get Ready for Baron von Darkcheat!

The third set for the Free Realms Trading Card Game will be here soon! You'll find an exciting new story line involving six MMO characters who want to play cards. There's an evil villain menacing the quiet town of Snowhill... the scoundrel known as Baron von Darkcheat!

He's stolen all four artifact shards from Tyrone Shadowshard and assembled them into a new weapon called The Gloamstone. It's your job to track him down and foil his nefarious plans. When you defeat him at the end of the campaign, you'll earn a special TCG Hoverboard!

Along the way, you'll discover brand new game mechanics like Stacker. It's a keyword that means, "When I chase a creature, it's not destroyed. It's turned face down and placed beneath me instead. It remains there until I leave play." Each Stacker creature gets an awesome bonus based on how many cards it has stacked beneath it.

Another gameplay feature of set 3 is cards that they say, "next to." An example of this mechanic is a creature that destroys an opposing creature next to its foe when it wins a battle. Now it's going to matter which column you play your creatures to, adding strategy and depth to your games.

We've also added what we call "progressive power-ups." How about a creature that gets +1 attack when you flip a blue gem, and then gets +1 attack for each extra blue gem you flip? Combine these cards with game effects that flip extra cards in battle, and watch your battle numbers climb!

Find your own exciting new combos and explore the deckbuilding possibilities you'll discover in over 100 cards for set 3 of the Free Realms TCG, Baron von Darkcheat!

Chuck Kallenbach
    Lead Designer, Free Realms TCG

[ Original Announcement on SOE Forum ]

Ciana Winterblossom is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Trading Card Game - Story and Gameplay Preview 11.15.11(0)

Can't wait!! I even want see the TCG Hoverboard!!

I wonder if there be new VR's even!

Sayonara Free Realms.
    I can be found on DC Universe Online. IGN - Suya
    I can also be found here.

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Trading Card Game - Story and Gameplay Preview 11.15.11(0)

Hopefully it's not for members only. : /
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Ciana Winterblossom is offline Master Gamer

I heard it isn't ^^

Sayonara Free Realms.
    I can be found on DC Universe Online. IGN - Suya
    I can also be found here.

FreeRealms609 is offline Amateur Gamer

Wait do you have to be level 20 card duelist?

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

Darkcheat has freakishly large hands...
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

Aurorette is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Paulina Ambermace View Post
    Darkcheat has freakishly large hands...
    xD I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
    If I post in your shop please send me a PM when you respond. Otherwise, it is unlikely that I will remember to check back.
    IGN: Rore