Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Closed Thread
    Free Realms Announcement is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon11 Character Name Changes - Another Change!(0)

A maintenance notice has been posted.

Hello all,

As you know, I recently wrote to let you all know we were changing the character name change policy so that you could only change your name once per week. This was still very generous as many of you pointed out and we had hoped this would resolve an issue where we are totally overrun with tickets about changing names of characters; and we hoped it would alleviate some of the issues you face with losing your mates and your friends list confusion. Sadly, numbers of name change request tickets have only grown.

We have read all of your comments and suggestions - thank you for those, but at this time have made a decision that due to costs and the delay caused getting to those with real issues, we must reduce the ability to change ones character name at this time to members only; we will still keep the once per week limit.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Scarlet

[ Original Announcement on SOE Forum ]

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Character Name Changes - Another Change!(0)

Another members only thing -_- I'm a member, but I still don't think that's fair. But I guess it's the smart thing to do.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Claire View Post
    Another members only thing -_- I'm a member, but I still don't think that's fair. But I guess it's the smart thing to do.
    It is indeed the smart thing to do. There are a lot of nonmembers, and this would stop them from getting a name change, and that would save the refs a lot of time.
    Last edited by Dylan Moondart; 07-08-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: I sounded repetitive lol.

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

I am a member too. And as this isn't fair to non-members, it still would be a better decision to limit it to members only considering all the non-members that there is in Free Realms.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

kiperrr is offline Master Gamer

Quite honestly, this is one of the smartest ideas they have had in a while. No more n00bs that change their name by one letter and/or number weekly.

Kiperrrful (AKA Kiperrr, Kippy, Kipster, Kip)
    IGN: Kiperrrful Server 4