Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default Free market and Auction FAQ & Examples

What is the free market?
    The free market is a section on FRI (free realms insider) dedicated to finding and completing trades on Free Realms. Here you can post and maintain a trade with items you are willing to trade for coins or items.

What is the first thing I should do?

Visit and read the rules found here - http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=11747 (Free Market and Auction Rules - All Market Rules Updated 10/1/12)

How does it work?
    You have two options (you can participate in both ways) - you can create your own thread to maintain and post trades you are looking for. Or you can browse pre-created threads and discuss trades with others they have listed. Feel free to do whatever you are comfortable with!

Once we agree on a trade, what do we do?

When you have agreed on a trade and the terms - you will need to discuss where you are going to meet up in game. This includes the server and which realm you will meet at (along with your character name).

How do we actually trade in free realms?

Right click on the person you wish to trade with and select "request trade" the person you sent the request to must then accept it (like a friend request).

What can we trade?

Specific Items, cash and collections are all currently tradeable in free realms.

What should I trade? What's fair to me!?

Items all have different values due to their availability and role in the game. Think about how much you would be willing to pay for the item or what you would trade for it by looking at the following: where it comes from (is it a drop from a monster? or can you buy it in a shop?); what you need it for (looks or stats?) and how often you have seen it on the market place (does it appear to be rare? or more common?) and negotiate what would be fair with other player from there.

I can't trade my code items, why?

Most code items are bound (non transferable) from the character you claim them on.

What is a Make An Offer, or MAO thread, and why are they not allowed?
    Make An Offer (MAO) threads encourage bidding without a time limit to when the winning bid will be accepted. These threads are often abused by either the seller or buyer, and result in unfair trade practices. Please see THIS THREAD for further information.

I can't post here, Help!

You need to have acquired 10 posts else where on the forums to be able to post or reply to a thread here.

Why was my thread deleted?!
    Your thread will be removed if it does not follow the rules. Please refer to the thread mentioned above for a current list of our market rules, and contact a staff member for further clarification.
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 10-01-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Updated

Default Re: Free market and Auction FAQ & Examples

Updated to add some auction examples.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Default Re: Free market and Auction FAQ & Examples

Updated with further FAQ Examples

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.