Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Default ATTENTION: FREE MARKET REMINDERS & ANNOUNCEMENTS - Last UPDATED 12/26/12

Afternoon everyone.

The staff at FRI would like to clarify a few points to the Free Market.

We will be here to ensure smooth conduct within our forums and polite behavior is always a must on FRI. The staff of FRI can not be held responsible for the trades you may conduct in this section.

We believe our members are highly respected people, however the possibility always does exist that the trade may go wrong.

This includes both Items and Code swaps that may go on here. We can not guarantee the accuracy of a code swapped between members just as we can not guarantee the trade of an item.

Should an unfortunate situation occur, your means of resolution is by submitting an in game trouble ticket to SOE. They may not return your items, but they take these matters seriously. The matter cannot be resolved by forum staff.

It is recommended in code trading situations that coin be sent prior to the code itself.

As an added note: Please do not ask for or give out personal information such as your address. This is still against FRI's rules and will be removed. If you see anyone asking or giving out this information please use the red "report" button to contact a staff member, asap!

Please continue at your own risk.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Default Re: ATTENTION: FREE MARKET REMINDERS & ANNOUNCEMENTS - Last UPDATED 12/26/12

Attention Players:
    We have recently observed an increase in items being traded that are not related to Free Realms (Free Realms items, coins, station cash, or PSN cards). We would like to make it very clear that according to rule 18:

18.) NO Trade should offer or suggest the payment of real money in any form, be it through paypal or other means (such as iTunes cards or memberships to other games). This is not something that is allowed on FreeRealmsInsider.com and any thread advertising selling items or coins this way should be reported to the staff ASAP. All forms of payment MUST be limited to Free Realms Items, Free Realms Coins, PSN Cards, or Station Cash. No other forms of payment is allowed.

This includes memberships to other websites, iTunes cards, etc. Sale of these items,or trading for these items, have never been allowed here on FRI. This often goes against the policy of Free Realms, and the other company which may effect your membership or account on either site.

Should you participate in this activity your thread will be closed or removed without warning. If the action continues after you have been asked to stop, please be aware that it may effect your membership here on Freerealmsinsider.com.

Thank you for your understanding.

-FRI Staff

I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Default Re: ATTENTION: FREE MARKET REMINDERS & ANNOUNCEMENTS - Last UPDATED 12/26/12

It has come to our attention that a new type of thread has emerged in the Free Market. Members have titled these threads "Make an Offer" which accurately describes what they are used for. These threads are similar to the auctions, however, they are missing a key component of an end date and time. Because this is missing, it makes it very easy for these threads to be abused on both sides.

Within the Make An Offer thread setting, sellers can turn down countless offers--while the buyers continue to outbid each other. In theory, because there is no specific end date/time to this, it can be continued until a huge and largely unfair offer is made and accepted. In this situation the buyer is grossly over paying for the item, and the seller preforming a sort of "scam" on our community.

In turn, the buyers can make largely under priced offers as well and push for the offer to be accepted. Which is something we want to protect the sellers from. This is an equal form of abuse in our setting, and one we certainly frown upon as well. No seller should be forced to accept any offer to end an auction or trade.

As the market has continued to grow, we have made changes and adaptations to our rules and guidelines, to provide as safe of a trading environment as possible. While we can not be held accountable for these trades should they go wrong, we believe that our guidelines have provided the best experience possible within these limitations.

Moving forward, these "Make an offer" threads will no longer be allowed. All threads in the form of an auction, must have a firm end date or time listed on the first page of the thread. Any thread which does not include these guidelines will be removed.

If the seller chooses to use the trading route, the trade must be clearly listed and a specific list of "wanted items" should be included. If a trading thread appears to be on going for a long period of time, and it turns into a bidding thread--the staff reserve the right to shut it down as well, or make an inquiry about the thread.

Those looking to inquire the price of their item are encouraged to check out our "Price Check" thread found HERE.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter,

--FRI Staff.

Hey everyone,

Recently we have seen an increase in users trying to enforce the rules of the Free Market. Some members are doing this by posting the rules and stating that that user needs to remove their thread, change their auction, etc. This is not the appropriate way to deal with this issue.

If someone is breaking the rules of the Free Market - found HERE -- then please click the red hazard button at the bottom of any post. Once you fill out the comment box (IE: "This user does not have an end date and time") the staff will look into it ASAP and try to resolve the issue.

Please do not post rude remarks or try to enforce the rules yourself. This comes off as rude and bullying to a lot of users, and makes it very uncomfortable for others to participate. We have the staff and system in place to make it as welcoming as possible for everyone--while ensuring the rules we have in place and followed to keep it as safe as possible.

Sometimes a user may not be aware of the rules, may not understand it, etc. It is something we (as the staff) take care to approach carefully. Please use the system we have in place so we can try and respect what is going on. We need to be polite, respectful, and kind in our words. That is also a rule of FRI.

Thank you all,
    If you have any questions please post them below.

--Ashley Preciousfable.