Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kimiko suzuki is offline Pro Gamer

Default whats the difference between regular cards and foil cards?

so what make foils more valuable then regular cards?
    i cant tell the difference other then the nice shiny coating

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: whats the difference between regular cards and foil cards?

Their rarity, I guess. They really aren't any more useful than their regular version in any way unless you just trade in TCG. You won't find a foil as often as the non-foil, so their supply is lower.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Well, foil cards are a little more rare, and the only real diffrance they actually have is the shiny-ness. That's all. Nothing else special but that.

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

yep like Kelvin said.. i asked Somebody (Thats his name) whats the difference (i asked when we were in a tornament) and he said nothinng really only the rare-ness and shiny-ness (he said something like that)

----

Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

Foil cards are shiny!
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Foil cards just have a special effect in the background. Otherwise nothing different other then being rare.

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

My opponents have often told me they are blinded by all the shinyness. And of course foils do take some effort to collect. Oftentimes, they look much better with the foil effect than without. Take Archnos, for example, who was one of my first foil cards.

Poetic_Raven is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree they do look cool just be aware if you add a foil card to your deck for a card that had a "collect (however many)" the foil card counts as a different card and does not go towards helping you collect a specific number. For example the Giant Mushroom Warlord says collect 3 and it will score two cards when it hunts. If you have 3 of them and one foil version, playing the foil will not give you the 2x hunt., unless you are lucky enough to have 3 of the foil card, lol.

" I Became Insane, With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity. "
    - Edgar Allen Poe -

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Yea Shiny-ness!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetic_Raven View Post
    I agree they do look cool just be aware if you add a foil card to your deck for a card that had a "collect (however many)" the foil card counts as a different card and does not go towards helping you collect a specific number. For example the Giant Mushroom Warlord says collect 3 and it will score two cards when it hunts. If you have 3 of them and one foil version, playing the foil will not give you the 2x hunt., unless you are lucky enough to have 3 of the foil card, lol.
    That threw me off when I first started playing as well Raven.

When you defeat a card in the TCG, you have a card icon appear at the bottom of your attacking creatures column. When you collect three or more card icons in the same column, your Giant Mushroom Warlord will collect two when it hunts in that column, regardless of how many GMW cards you have in your collection. Likewise; A GMW will not collect two in a column with less than three card icons.

I will often chase a creature with my GMW, when it is in an unopposed column with three card icons collected, for no other reason than to get the collect bonus, especially if I have an Easy Money card in hand.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 08-19-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

Foils are great for trading. People who collect foils will give you a great trade for them. So if the shiny aspect of the card doesn't mean anything to you, trade it away for something better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast