Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    merrione is offline Amateur Gamer

Default is mystery chest key worth it to you?

I know a lot of people are buying the keys and some of the prizes are totally worth the $1.80 - $2.00
    price but as most of what u win is clothing and even 5000 coins I was wondering what most people thought of the price of the one time use key.
    Do you think it's worth it? will you be buying many keys? what do you think of winning the coins and should they have coins as a prize? I know most are buying because they want the hover boots.
    AND if you think the price is high what would you think would be a fair price for the keys? ( or how many uses should they have?)
    (OK I know we would all LOVE a key you buy once and use forever but lets keep it more real something you think would be fair to both SOE (who needs to make money ) and the players.

Skylär51 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: is mystery chest key worth it to you?

I don't believe that is a fair price, and no, I won't be buying many keys, I barely buy Station Cash anyway, and when I do, I get something I know I'll like and use. They should remove the coins as a prize, or at least raise the amount so it's fair.

If you can use a key forever, I'd happily pay 500SC for one. For a one time use, I'd say the MAX should be 100SC.

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin."

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

It is not worth it considering you have a high chance of getting '5,000 coins'.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

I think the price for keys should be 50 sc. :/ And I hate getting 5,000 as a prize when- 1. Im spending real money to get sc and not getting good items. 2. I barely use coins! I'm not buying alot of keys because of this. I think the price for hover boots, skinny jeans, tight shoes, striped beanie, and hoodie jacket are way too pricey for the buying.

Seeing what scares you for what it is does not lessen the terror. It still has the power to break your heart, over and over again.

Black Label is offline Banned

yea true that, althoe i get all the items free from friends...

StephanieStonyray is offline Master Gamer

I got a key and I got a super ugly color of Tight Sneakers. I wouldn't do it if I were you.. but if you want to go ahead! (:

Free Realms Player 2009-2014 ~ FR Youtuber since Oct. 2012
    The FR community was always the best one <3

xsilvershamrockx is offline Amateur Gamer

Its just all the hype, im thinking within 1-2 weeks, people wont use the mystery chests at all, by that time, the people that want the items from the chest would have gotten them and there will be a large surplus of items as well.

And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti
    IGN: Silver Shamrock; Previously known as Evan Nightstone

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

When you put it that way ($1.80/$2.00) for an online item that isn't even real, I almost think they are scamming us. But when someone says 180 SC/200 SC I think they're good items. :/
    Form =/= Function.

merrione is offline Amateur Gamer

LOL that's why they use SC instead of dollar amounts, you dont think of 180 - 200 SC as real money but it is and that is the dollar amount u are spending for the keys

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Yes, 180-200 SC is WAY too much for these Mystery Keys. I even sent a complaint ticket in to FR. What were they thinking? Especially with the 5000 coins prize. that's a horrible prize to get after spending $2.00 on a virtual key! and if you're trying to collect the clothes, and people aren't trading them to you, then who knows how much real money you'll have to spend to get these things. They should def lower the Key price, or add a Key that costs 500-900 SC or something, that will have unlimited uses.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast