Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Icon1 .:Vixens of the Never Isles:. Updated! Chapter TWO is here!

Hey, guys. I guess you won't remember my earlier posts where I made up a paragraph of a story. >.< Well, I'm trying again and this time, I'll try harder to keep the dates constant, okay? Alright. You might won't get it at first glance, but it's only because I've made a nice, long plotline. Now, get ready, and make sure you have a little time before you read! Thanks!

Chapter 1
    Spoiler: show

Far, far away from the city of London lived a girl named Laura Foyer. Her father was the captain of the ship Whirlpool, his men brave and strong. She stood on her porch overlooking the rising sun, her father boarding the great ship. Trembling with worry and pride, Laura waved grandly to him, her eyes tearful. He gave a wink and set off into the vast, open sea. This was the best, and, at first, worst thing that ever happened in that man’s life.
    Though this story is not about this man, it starts with him. His name was Sir Gordon Foyer, an old, polite gentleman with many laugh lines. Greasy, brown hair sat on his plump, rounded head and a heavy moustache hid his wide, smiling mouth. He had a short, oval-ish body with a head much too small for the rest of it. His greatest dream was to be on the Sea, to discover the New World and live a happy life on deck. Sir Foyer was granted that dream, but his fate was much greater that that, but of course. Did you think this story was about an old Sea Dog?
    I suppose you’ve heard of the childen’s stories known as Neverland. Clearly, many young girls believe that such named as ‘Tinker Bell’ exist. I must say, it is a quite right mind you have if you do. You’d think I’m not right in the noggin. Though, in Neverland, it is you that is not right. They exist, happily working and flittering about if you do. To others, they sit as dolls on a shelve. I am here to tell you that if you do not believe in such, stay anyway, because this isn’t all about them.
    Far off the distance, near the horison, are little islands known as the Never Isles. More fairies, you say? Nope. Pixies. Pixies, human sized with insect wings flit around the isles, waiting for the fairies to stop on the way to Mainland. They hide in their nests and treehouses, almost invisible in the night. No one really knows if they do exist, as they hide from everything. Well, obviously, you do. Jolly Nature Pixies have bright, butterfly and dragonfly wings. Vixens have dark beetle wings, and they usually have bad tempers.
    The Isles are lush and green like Rain forests, colorful and earthy. Many birds and insects live there, nesting in trees and as pets. There is a plant, though, called a Dapple Plant, or, more commonly known as Redlips, that resemble gigantic Venus Flytraps with vines and succulent berries like raspberries hanging from their teeth. Many pixies are killed from only one plant, as they sit still until one is stupid enough to try and pick their goods. They are provoked easily by winged things such as birds and Pixies, though very few exist. They are practically going extinct. This plant is what starts a friendship. Unlikely, yes. Impossible? No.
    “Abandon ship!!” One of Foyer’s men called. He bumbled back and forth in the chaos. Something much like a person underwater had created a breach and water was running in at record speed. All of his men dropped the raft hanging over the side of the Whirlpool. They jumped off from the port bow, rowing away.
    “Where’s Cap’in Foyer?!”
    He was crashing over the barrels of spices, tripping over the ropes and bumping into the mast. Foyer was getting nowhere soon, and if he didn't abandon ship before it sunk, he were to go down with it. Then, he remembered. With a loud WOOSH!, a raft appeared before him with a tug of his sleeve. He threw it overboard and jumped in just in time. His beloved ship had gone underwater, forever. Sir Foyer, looking straight ahead to stop from thinking about all the faith he had in it.
    “Wait.. Where am I..?” He wondered, looking around. The setting sun was dropping into the waves and he had no sense of direction.
    “The North Star.. North Star...” He glanced up at the sky, where the first few stars were glimmering in the night. Then, a bright light shone in the water. He took for it to be the star’s reflection, when it was actually one of Neverland’s famous mermaid scales. She was flipping around happily in the reefs, swimming back home, thinking she stopped Captain Hook from arriving.
    The North Star was what he used when he was lost, only...

He was following the wrong one.

Chapter 2
    Spoiler: show

Foyer had been rowing for longer than he could tell, and he was a very wise man at that. The sun had risen and dropped, the only thing starving off his hunger was a barrel of apples he was able to drop into his raft. His teeth were sore and his stomach was twisting, from both being at such uneven ground and being filled with apple seeds. Just when Foyer thought he might die, the mermaid jumped from the water. At first, Foyer thought he had gone mad. When she splashed out of the sea for the second time, his sailor hat was soaked.
    “Mermaids!?” Sir Foyer cried, pulling off his drenched cap. He began rowing faster, keeping up with the frightened mermaid. She picked up speed, as did he, until they both ended up feeling as if they were no faster than they were before. Foyer felt his arms burning and slowly falling asleep. An island was coming into view, vast and mountainous. Of course, you know this island.
    “What is this..? Haha! Land Ahoy!” He searched behind himself for his crew, but then realised that none of them were there, and continued to row.
    Nothing much happened between this time lapse, but the mermaid returned home and Foyer didn’t even notice. Riding the waves to the Never Isles, he raised his plump body off the raft and tied it with a vine to a tree. Overwhealmed with the vibrant colors and such, he ran, his fat neck bobbing up and down as he paced to, unknowingly, a Dapple Plant.
    Such a delicious-looking plant can’t do harm, can it? Sir Foyer asked himself, brushing a few leaves off the round, ripe berries hiding under them. The man lowered himself under the plant, picking the berries off one by one and popping each into his mouth.
    “Ech... Tasteless.. But – At least it isn’t apples!” He chucked to himself, half histarically though the mass of the taffy-like berries.
    Around the corner, a pixie hid, watching in the shadows. She wondered why a man should be so stupid and eat them. Then again, that man didn’t have wings. She glanced at her own, deep blue and striking. The pixie his them behind a leaf, as well as her face. At this time, Foyer ripped the Dapple Plant out of the soil, roots and all, and held it gingerly. He was careful to balance it on a log, the leaves pointed so that it looked like an X. He laid down under it, dropping the berries directly from the plant into his mount, chewing happily. The pixie gasped at this. No one had ever eaten Redlip’s berries.
    They could be dangerous! Or poisonous! Or could cause-
    She cut herself off at this and bolted out of the undergrowth. “Wait!” She cried, one arm pointed at his mouth. Foyer stopped, a berry hanging in midair above his lips. She pulled her hand back, the berry was flung to her palm, glitter sprinkled over it.
    “You don’t know what’s good for you. Come with me – I can help you if you need it,” She said, her voice quivering. She had never seen a human, or, as a matter of fact, spoken to one, nor has the rest of her kind. Only fairies have seen them, and not even they are able to speak to them. Foyer cocked an eyebrow, hesitating. After what felt like hours, he nodded and followed her, his face forming a smile. She grinned back at him, gestured for him to follow and disappeared again under the lush plants of the Never Isles.

How do you like it? Please comment and rate below!
    Last edited by Ella Sparkleflower; 08-07-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Chapter Two

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: .:Vixens of the Never Isles:. Chapter one is here!

Claire already read it, but it's still absolutely fabulously epical! * rates 5 stars*

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Thanks, Claire! I try my best, though I don't think it's as good, compared to the rest of it.

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

*is speechless*
    Allons-y.

XD Thanks, Rainy! You'll be even more so once you've read the second!

Princess Melanie is offline Master Gamer

Wow! I cant wait fro chapter 2! (= Lol. The mermaid tought she coaught captain hook xD Lols. ^-^ Great book! *Rep* *Rate 5 Star* (= Man, this only has 37 views! oDo I'ma put the link to this thread in me siggy ^-^
    Last edited by Princess Melanie; 08-04-2011 at 08:44 PM.

If you want me, it takes more than a week,
    more than a drink,
    more than you think. ~Katy Perry<3

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

I know I'll sound like a Jerk asking this, but... could you change the font and size? It makes my eyes hurt.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Ooooooh, very great Ella, I love it! Although it was a bit jumpy from explaining things on the islands to the ship sinking, it was very good, and I can't wait for chapter 2!

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Nilla Cookie is offline Pro Gamer

I LOVE IT! It's awesome. ^^ *Rates and gives rep* :3

Thanks, guys! I'll write the next chapter this night and post it tomorrow, k?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast