Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Icon1 The Unending & Amazing Adventures of Carlesme Vertruze

Chapter One: My History
    ~~~
    Typically, it's nice to know about the character in a book before you get to the story part.
    My name is Carlesme Remembrance Van Hoskin Vertruze. "Remembrance" being my middle name, and "Van Hoskin" being our family's original name. "Vertruze" is, I mean, was, my mother's name. I liked it better than "Van Hoskin" so I stuck it on the end of my name.
    Anyways, enough about names. I'm not like many other people in Free Realms. I'm immortal--a curse that took place during the Unbinding. I was one of the few people who resisted the Artifact's cursed magic and actually involuntarily used it to my advantage. I hadn't realized the magic made me immortal until about three years later, when I realized I was still in the same 14 year old state when I was supposed to be almost 18.
    That was...hm, it must be nearly a thousand years, give or take a few hundred years, when the rest of my family was killed thanks to the Gloam Council. Except for my sister, Lily Redpaw, who was also made immortal. She's frozen at age 12.
    But before all of that happened, our family lived happily in Shrouded Glade. I was born on December 14 there to my parents, Margaret Goldrose Vertruze and David Wetlily Van Hoskin. They were both wizards, and I and Lily attended the wizardry school as the only human children there. Lily wasn't very interested in becoming a wizard, she was interested more in cooking and brawling (and she has become a magnificent and skilled chef and brawler since) but I LOVED and still adore being a wizard. Wizardry isn't just about sparkly wands and cloaks, it's about conjuring ancient powers, using your mind, heart, and soul. That's what I told Lily once.
    I'm now a Level 18 wizard. Why am I not Level 20, well, most of my centuries alive were spent trying to survive alone as a 14 year old.
    Now I'm here--and something dark is stirring in Free Realms once more. Queen Valerian has already called me to her attention once, and it's bound to happen again as evil forces are trying to capture me, known as the One. It's one of Princess Lavender's prophecies, I guess.
    ~~~
    Sub note: This book is going to be a sort of journal form; just to let everyone know Thanks for reading!
    ~~~
    Chapter Two: Journal Entry 1
    ~~~
    Today was horrible.
    I was finally where I was in hair matters--it was grown out to my lower back, and I thought it looked perfect. My best friend, Taz Stormcloud, thought so too.
    I was on a chef quest and had to harvest some Honeytwig from Queensfield, but as I was running through the farm fields, some moronic Bixie slammed RIGHT into me--tossing a basket of over-ripened Gummifruit into my face and hair.
    Long story short, I bathed and bathed and bathed to try to get the stickiness out of my hair. It wouldn't come out, so, I grabbed my Elitist's Scapel and chopped ALL of it off. Now it's back to the bob, stopping right above the base of my neck. Worst of all, it's completely choppy and feathery. Back to where I started, I suppose.
    Then to make matters worst, some person was stalking me around Sanctuary saying "You're out of the guild! You're out of the guild!" Um, I haven't been in a guild in years, person, and I was certainly never in yours, considering that YOU"RE not even in a guild!!
    What is UP with people nowadays? It's like the Unbinding made some people really crazy in the head.
    Oh, but that's just the beginning. Queen Valerian has been pestering me about my "safety" and even though a royal guard has been following me around for much of the days lately, she thinks I should go to a private school, one that takes place at a person's house. I haven't gone to school since I went to Shrouded Glade Wizardry Academy!! But anyways, I applied for Insiders Academy. So we'll see what happens.
    I don't even like going to MY house ever since I saw that man outside my house, the one with the strange face paint and vial. He didn't respond or anything and had this glazed over look on his face. Queen Valerian says he was affected by the Artifact's shockwave of magic much as I was--he lives immortally, but he is under a spell much like the people and pixies were when the Artifact was first created. Only he's stuck in it. Forever.
    It gives me more chills than when I had to defeat those Graveyard Elements in Blackspore...for Ayani's sake, you have to kill them TWICE! Ugh...
    I guess that's it for today. Hopefully things go well at my new school.
    Last edited by CarlesmeVertruze; 09-17-2010 at 11:25 PM.

lil styles01 is offline Banned

Default Re: The Unending & Amazing Adventures of Carlesme Vertruze

lol wat the heck is this

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

lil styles01, it is her story she is writing. You are allowed to post a story. Don't be rude. I have a story too, so lil styles....... if you have never seen a story on here....... you're never on XD. Most of my friends have them.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

haha thanks james...for a second i thought i wasnt supposed to be posting it here xD but i just joined, im a newbie, haha. should i just post the second chapter here?

Princess Sokello is offline Amateur Gamer

Absolutely. You can, and it would be great. Stories are welcome here, and so are you!
    ♥Sokello♥
    ♥Exertion♥
    ♥"How would you liek it if the chest spammed you?!"♥

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Eh, if you deleted the Adventures Beyond RP I would only have like 150 Posts........
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Chapter Two: Journal Entry 2
    ~~~
    Today was pretty typical, but confusing.
    My application still hasn't gotten through to Insiders Academy, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just being ridiculous, but I get jumpy when things get out of place. It's probably from having to defeat Geoffrey, Queen Valerian's former assitant who betrayed us all. He had some scary dark magic, and it wiped me out mentally and physically. Luckily Geoffrey's gone now, but his horrible hawk-like face still haunts me in my dreams.
    Chances are, Queen Valerian is going to flip when she finds out I'm writing about this.
    My feelings toward Taz are more confusing than ever. I think I really like him, but I'm afraid telling him would ruin our friendship. Plus, he would continue to age, while I would still be frozen and immortal. It would never work.
    Ugh! Why does life have to be so complicated? I'm jealous of the other humans, pixies, Bixies, Chugawugs, even those rotten Robgoblins; they're clueless to what's going on and just continue to live their lives normally while I'm digging myself deeper and deeper into a pit.
    After Queen Valerian finds this, she'll probably send me off the to the Seaside Dojo again. What a nightmare that was. There was no one there and I had to stay hidden for days. It was just after I was kidnapped by some creepy ninjas from Blackspore. I guess that's the reason I used to hate ninjas--I only knew the bad kind; the kind that used the ancient self-defense for evil. However, now that I am a quickly leveling ninja using powers for good, it's amazing. It makes me feel invincible; I love it.
    That's it for today.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Great story, I want to see more!

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~